Code of Conduct

Default Best way to wash off scents?

So yesterday I tried out my Azzaro Visit (which I had purchased blind) for a second time, and I almost immediately could not stand it - worse, this particular cologne is extremely difficult to remove. I tried dishsoap, alcohol, even considered paint remover but I didn't go there. So what is the best way to remove offending frangrances, any hints?

Default Re: Best way to wash off scents?

I normally can get off any fragrance by taking a shower. Hm, maybe you can try working out and sweating out the scent?

Man that sucks, I know the feeling! lol

I tried alcohol on the skin as well as a dishwashing pad with Palmolive on it...used the rough side of the pad....STILL faint smell would not go away. lol

Sweat would be the next best thing OR just let it fade away and throw out the cologne...lol. 6 to 8 hours will do, just gotta suck it up for now unless they have "Cologne erase" out there. lol

Good luck.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Man that sucks, I know the feeling! lol

I tried alcohol on the skin as well as a dishwashing pad with Palmolive on it...used the rough side of the pad....STILL faint smell would not go away. lol

Sweat would be the next best thing OR just let it fade away and throw out the cologne...lol. 6 to 8 hours will do, just gotta suck it up for now unless they have "Cologne erase" out there. lol

Good luck.

Please throw VISIT to my mailbox, thanks!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    I normally can get off any fragrance by taking a shower. Hm, maybe you can try working out and sweating out the scent?
    That doesn't work - the extra body heat will just make it project more!

Dependent

get a cologne you like and over spray the areas you sprayed. Maybe wipe the cologne away and do it a second time. 4711 is inexpensive and it also helps take labels and stuff like glue off. Seriously, not much will stand up to 4711 in a fight. It's lemony with no longevetity even worth mentioning.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 15th April 2007 at 08:32 PM.

Blog Entries

I got this tip off the women's forum (I think), & it really works. Scrub with Noxema & rinse w/ warm water. You'll be scent-free .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

IIRC, I've read that rubbing with an unscented deodorant followed by scrubbing with a laundry detergent like Tide will do the trick.

"I normally can get off any fragrance by taking a shower. Hm, maybe you can try working out and sweating out the scent?"

Working out and sweating will make it evaporate quicker, and of course it will become more pronounced while you're sweating.
    ---------------------
    "IIRC, I've read that rubbing with an unscented deodorant followed by scrubbing with a laundry detergent like Tide will do the trick."

That's interesting. I suspect a stick or gel deodorant might create a film that would simply prevent the frag from further evaporation/projection. But be careful rubbing laundry detergeant on your skin. It's much stronger than soaps made for the body and could severely irritate your skin.
    ---------------------

I have found that Visit is one that is especially long lasting.

I always scrub my frag application areas pretty good during my morning shower. The heat, soap, and scrubbing usually removes any lingering scent from the day before.....except Visit. I can still detect it slightly even after a shower the next day.

I've tried alcohol and Noxema several times on various "emergency removal" situations. Neither work for me. As for the Noxema, I just end up smelling like the cologne and Noxema. Noxema has a very strong scent and on me, it doesn't go away for at least an hour - and that stuff is more annoying than any cologne IMO.

So what really works? I'm still searching for the answer too.

Reviva's Oatmeal soap and a loofah during showering works well for me. The only cologne that I couldn't wash off was Angel For Men
    Last edited by Mr._Longrove; 15th April 2007 at 11:24 PM.

Maybe you could try tomato juice. It works with skunks, why not Visit.

smeller

Excellent thread.

I had a terrible experience with Le Male a week ago. Never before a scent made me sick like these one. Some days ago I still found disturbing traces of it, smelling close. I guess I'm gonna try one of these tricks next time.

Ha cool - yeah the tomato juice might just work. But I will definitely pick up some Noxema next time from the drug store - that sounds like a winner. Thanks everyone.

Ha! Tomato juice! I didn't think of that, pretty cool.

It may sound gross but maybe ketchup rubbed on the area will work too?

The Noxema sounds much better though...lol.

Hey, if tomato juice works on Skunks then why shouldn't it work on bad cologne.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

The best method is to spray Kouros on it.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Basenotes Institution

Witch hazel always works for me - they even have individual witch hazel wipes (perfect when you're scent shopping & come upon a real 'scrubber'). I buy mine at Drugstore.com http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...-PLST-0-SEARCH

What I do:

Rub the spot where you applied the frag with any kind of unscented oil, even cooking oil will do.
    Then wash a couple times with chlorine removal shampoo: believe me, anything that can remove the smell of chlorine in swimmer's hair will work on a bad frag.
    Then wash again with soap.
    Apply fragrance free lotion.

If you can still detect the smell after the soap washing, rub with unscented deodorant after drying your hands, but I usually don't need to.

i use a mild sandalwood soap that seems to work quite well...but the tomato juice thing in the shower...hmmm....i would be tempted to make some bloody Marys ... hell...lets cut up some lemons and limes and have a party...

hey honey....more ice please....
    Last edited by wolf; 17th April 2007 at 01:22 AM.
    wolf

Bars of stainless steel "soap" can get rid of odors really well, so it may work with fragrances, too.