Code of Conduct

Post If I had a million dollars....

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, new member!

Did read with disappointment the decant debacle - I guess I'll need to toss those mistakes... but IMHO there is oh-so-much value just in being a part of the community. Am having trouble navigating/adding my aromatic desires to my wardrobe, so I'll list a few of my currently owned favorites:

Drooling over: Rush, Anais-Anais, Organza, Blonde, Michael Kors

Good: D&G Light Blue, Birmane, Fracas(only because it doesn't last on my skin), Code, Caroline Herrera (a little powdery in the top note), CK One

Scrubbed and Tossed: Red Door, Couture!, Ibizia Hippie, Lutece, Tatiana, Chloe (it used to be different...!)

Avoiding like the plague: anything powdery (ah-choo!)

If I had a million dollars - I'd try: Diamond Water, Amouage Gold, anything by Serge Lutens and Lorenzo Villoresi - all on site, of course!

So happy to be here!
    Last edited by MsTikl; 20th April 2007 at 04:22 AM.
    MsTikl says: Indulge!

Default Re: If I had a million dollars....

Welcome to Basenotes, MsTikl!

Here's a vote for Gucci Rush! Also, I think Carolina Herrera is a nice choice.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

If I had a few millions of dollars I 'd try to launch a perfume line, it wouldn 't be profit oriented but more like what Shiseido did with Serge Lutens, a long term vision "business" mentality (throughout the 90's Shiseido were losing money on les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido but always remained loyal, 15 years later their visionnaire artistic director is the most profitable and talked about high-end niche line).
    choosing the right nose and composer working on my concept would be hard but that 's the fun of it. I would also relaunch Gobin Daude 's botanical scents line and help her develop her line with more creations.
    'luxury is an esthetic wrath' Serge Lutens

Slightly off-topic: The barenaked Ladies singing "If I Had a Mllion Dollars" in their bathroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rFtKKijg8
    Last edited by TromboneGuy; 22nd April 2007 at 06:46 AM.
    - E.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes, MsTikl!

Here's a vote for Gucci Rush! Also, I think Carolina Herrera is a nice choice.
    It is so different from Rush & CH, but have you tried Organza? OMG - I'm gonna buy stock in the company....
    MsTikl says: Indulge!