Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: TGIF!! SotD Friday 20 April

NU edp by Yves Saint Laurent
    'luxury is an esthetic wrath' Serge Lutens

Madly testing since early yesterday
    Costes didn’t do a thing for me- touch of spice followed by a generic soap and aftershave finished off with lemon pepper- I’ll pass it to DH and see if it works on him

2nd try of Tom Ford’s Black Orchid – I know some of you love this and I wish you joy in it, but I find it boring and a bit annoying on me.

Absolument Absinthe- tried again and confirmed that it is not for me, but it works on my daughter

Vent Vert- blast of green followed by a gorgeous sweet floral (is that LOTV?), with a mossy/ furry underside. I have the coolest tiny bottle of this.

Sweet talked Mr.S into spraying a different Tabarome on each wrist, so I could compare and spritzed eldest with Bvlgari Black.

Went to sleep in Tam Dao – sad to say, I know I would love it, but one of its major notes hits a receptor that just isn’t firing right. Weird!

Tried Querelle this morning – I admire it, but I don’t bring out the best in it. It is well worth another try, but I think I’ll use somebody else’s skin.

Afternoon in Maharadjah – I love both of Madame de Nicolai’s lavender fueled orientals. Odd idea, but it really works for me

Yet another day in Shiseido's Rosarium for me---I'm getting to the point of having a SOTW with some of my favorites. I really get to know them coming and going!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

My after work/SotE is Mitsouko edt...pre formulation I think.
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    As a side note and information: after ComDiva's enabling praise of the Neil Morris fragrances, I emailed them about international shipment and got a nice immediate answer from the principal, stating that they would have added that option. And so they did! He informed me today that international shipment has been added - I'm off to order samples!
    Isn't she the worst??!! Sucked me in and now I have to wait until after Ava Luxe Experience to try them out!!

Meanwhile, having spent the day in New York, am gong to bed in some more Femininite du Bois!!

Nytol!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

My SOTE.....Attitude By Armani.....Gary

It's 1AM on Saturday 4/21 now...but on Friday I wore Songes. Yep, again. I'm burning through my 1.7 oz. bottle of EDP pretty fast...thank heavens I have a backup bottle. And I'm also grateful in a Pollyanna-ish way for the bitterly cold Alaskan winter that allows me to wear such rich, heavenly perfumes. Gotta stay positive or else I fear that the snow will stick around forever!

It's Sat for me too, but yesterday I wore Cabotine de Gres, because I was working in a hospital and wanted something light, unobtrusive and not in any way overpowering with the old sillage.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby