Code of Conduct

Default TGIF!! SotD Friday 20 April

The very last drops of Absolue de Vanille from Annette Neuffer, while waiting for a full bottle of this wonderful fragrance.

Top notes: Cardamom Seed, Bergamot, Tangerine, Bitter Orange, Madagascar Vanilla Absolute
    Heart notes: Madagascar Vanilla Absolute, Tunisian Orange Flower Absolute, Egyptian Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose Otto, Rose Centifolia Maroc, Ylang Ylang Extra Supérieur
    Base notes: Madagascar Vanilla Absolute, Ambrette Seed, Somalian Myrrh

Vanilla scents have always 'worked' on my skin, but this one is so different from all the others. Vanilla, almost a scent of innocence is transformed in darkness and mystery.
    Annette is a jazz musician and it feels to me as if her music has influenced the notes of her perfumes. What other kind of vanilla scent would give me the feeling that I am in a jazz club, listening with eyes closed to the sensual wail of a husky saxophone?
    In love with music, life and Absolue de Vanille.

Heading for the weekend! Have a fabulous Friday everybody.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: TGIF!! SotD Friday 20 April

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    The very last drops of Absolue de Vanille from Annette Neuffer, while waiting for a full bottle of this wonderful fragrance.

Top notes: Cardamom Seed, Bergamot, Tangerine, Bitter Orange, Madagascar Vanilla Absolute
    Heart notes: Madagascar Vanilla Absolute, Tunisian Orange Flower Absolute, Egyptian Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose Otto, Rose Centifolia Maroc, Ylang Ylang Extra Supérieur
    Base notes: Madagascar Vanilla Absolute, Ambrette Seed, Somalian Myrrh

Vanilla scents have always 'worked' on my skin, but this one is so different from all the others. Vanilla, almost a scent of innocence is transformed in darkness and mystery.
    Annette is a jazz musician and it feels to me as if her music has influenced the notes of her perfumes. What other kind of vanilla scent would give me the feeling that I am in a jazz club, listening with eyes closed to the sensual wail of a husky saxophone?
    In love with music, life and Absolue de Vanille.

Heading for the weekend! Have a fabulous Friday everybody.
    Oh wow! Thanks for your review Riannon! You made it sound soo delicious that I got interested

I'm wearing Scent Intense again.

Wishing you a fabulous Friday,
    -Tero-

I started my day by dabbing Lauren by Ralph Lauren on the left wrist. Then I wore Parfum de Peau by Claude Montana on the right wrist. Now, I am going to wash off all the scents and apply Azzaro 9 the discontinued pineapple jasmine cocktail

Have a Happy Friday Everyone!
    Last edited by Coconut; 20th April 2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typo

CdG Rose for me.

Have a Fab Friday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Sorry gals, couldn't wait any longer!
    Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk today. This one was a freebie, and a bit out of my comfort zone (flowers! musk!) but it's quite compelling nonetheless!

TGIF!!!

Sounds like a true winner, R! The ingredients look so delicate too.

PASHA de Cartier for me today. Just the right amount of spices, freshness and woodiness in here.
    Last edited by BrothaG; 20th April 2007 at 07:23 AM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

The great Parfum Sacre

TGIF!

I'm wearing Tam Dao today.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

As I was having a job interview with Coty today (I didn't get the job unfortunately), I started the day off with Contradiction by Calvin Klein but, for some reason, it had faded completely by the time I reached the city (an hour and a bit later!!) so I went to my friend at the discount perfumery and she sprayed me with Escape by Calvin Klein - and that's only just faded in the last half hour (almost 7 and a half hours later!!)
    I also got a spray of Alien by Thierry Mugler on my hand...yet another fragrance I want but can't afford!!
    Have a great Friday!

Up early today to go on a trip. Wearing Krizia Spazio behind the ears and Molinard Fleurs de Figuier everywhere else. A tad too robust of a concoction for me, but it will be fine as the day goes, or so I hope!

Have a nice Friday!

Wearing Lancome Attraction today

Krasnaya Moskva - Novaya Zarya
    Wishlist is pointless.

Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau.
    DONNA

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Angel today, the EDP + body powder. I love the subtle blue shimmer to the powder.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Cedre and Himalaya...this is such a winning combination - sort of earthy with the woodsy cedre and sweet from the tuberose and uplifting with the Himalaya...not sure of the notes just now....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

TGIF!!!

Early morning work meeting today, I'm wearing Kenneth Cole New York for Women, from an elegant little mini.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Guet Apens!

Dug out de Nicolai's New York this ayem in a burst of nostalgia.

This frag is so soignee and mercurial - from the opening announcement of citrus and spices throughout it's various stages of ambery dry-down it never ceases to amaze - just like it's namesake. New York is alternately brisk and professional, then mellow and seductive, then drifty and melancholy. Like The Northern Lights - shimmering and changing.

Perfect backdrop for the wedding rehearsal I am doing later this afternoon! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I´m wearing Ralph HOT today; kind of addictive...

Sunny, but a cold hard wind here (had to dig out my gloves from the closet again ).
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Borrowed a friend's decant of Caron's French Can Can...a little inapposite to the day, but it is what it is. At any rate, love this fragrance--an inital big explosion of flowers that dries to be cheeky--alternates between spicy and sweet, with a wink and an air kiss, I swear it!

Wearing a dousing of Miller Harris Citron Citron, over Bond's Chinatown.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Nanadebary Green for a fur-sucking vacuum-athon.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Terracotta Voile d'Ete (Guerlain) for me on this sunny day!

Escada Collection PDT

Question Re: TGIF!! SotD Friday 20 April

Decisions! Do I wait for my mailman in case the AVA LUXE samples make an appearance or do I forge ahead with something else ?

It is the first sunny day since the deluge we received, and I'm in the mood for something that finally says "this is Spring at last!"

Time to root through my closet and find the ONE for today.

Weil de Weil!
    Last edited by Zibeline; 20th April 2007 at 03:25 PM.

Hypnose Pour Homme.....Gary

Happy Friday!

I'm wearing Samsara edp this morning.

Haven´t written what I am wearing the latest days, because I have been wearing Chanel No 19 all the time. I am hooked on that fume! But today I managed to change to Chanel Cristalle EdT and bodylotion.

Have a nice weekend, all!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Talking Re: TGIF!! SotD Friday 20 April

Caron Poivre for me today

Serge Lutens Rousse for me today!

As a side note and information: after ComDiva's enabling praise of the Neil Morris fragrances, I emailed them about international shipment and got a nice immediate answer from the principal, stating that they would have added that option. And so they did! He informed me today that international shipment has been added - I'm off to order samples!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

NU edp by Yves Saint Laurent
    'luxury is an esthetic wrath' Serge Lutens

Madly testing since early yesterday
    Costes didn’t do a thing for me- touch of spice followed by a generic soap and aftershave finished off with lemon pepper- I’ll pass it to DH and see if it works on him

2nd try of Tom Ford’s Black Orchid – I know some of you love this and I wish you joy in it, but I find it boring and a bit annoying on me.

Absolument Absinthe- tried again and confirmed that it is not for me, but it works on my daughter

Vent Vert- blast of green followed by a gorgeous sweet floral (is that LOTV?), with a mossy/ furry underside. I have the coolest tiny bottle of this.

Sweet talked Mr.S into spraying a different Tabarome on each wrist, so I could compare and spritzed eldest with Bvlgari Black.

Went to sleep in Tam Dao – sad to say, I know I would love it, but one of its major notes hits a receptor that just isn’t firing right. Weird!

Tried Querelle this morning – I admire it, but I don’t bring out the best in it. It is well worth another try, but I think I’ll use somebody else’s skin.

Afternoon in Maharadjah – I love both of Madame de Nicolai’s lavender fueled orientals. Odd idea, but it really works for me

Yet another day in Shiseido's Rosarium for me---I'm getting to the point of having a SOTW with some of my favorites. I really get to know them coming and going!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

My after work/SotE is Mitsouko edt...pre formulation I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    As a side note and information: after ComDiva's enabling praise of the Neil Morris fragrances, I emailed them about international shipment and got a nice immediate answer from the principal, stating that they would have added that option. And so they did! He informed me today that international shipment has been added - I'm off to order samples!
    Isn't she the worst??!! Sucked me in and now I have to wait until after Ava Luxe Experience to try them out!!

Meanwhile, having spent the day in New York, am gong to bed in some more Femininite du Bois!!

Nytol!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

My SOTE.....Attitude By Armani.....Gary

It's 1AM on Saturday 4/21 now...but on Friday I wore Songes. Yep, again. I'm burning through my 1.7 oz. bottle of EDP pretty fast...thank heavens I have a backup bottle. And I'm also grateful in a Pollyanna-ish way for the bitterly cold Alaskan winter that allows me to wear such rich, heavenly perfumes. Gotta stay positive or else I fear that the snow will stick around forever!

It's Sat for me too, but yesterday I wore Cabotine de Gres, because I was working in a hospital and wanted something light, unobtrusive and not in any way overpowering with the old sillage.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby