Code of Conduct

Thread: Gooch PH II

Default Gooch PH II

Just wore this for the first time. Initially reminds me of Burberry London without the tart wine note. In 3 words, light and dry. Also, the tea notes bring to mind Bulgari PH. That said, I can't say I too enthused about it. Definitely prefer Gooch PH I to this stuff.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Gooch PH II

I tried it twice and I wasn't sure I liked the top and heart but was amazed to find the base smells like regular Gucci pH

Nice smell, gone in sixty seconds.

Oh, that's too bad! I smelled it on a strip in a magazine last weekend and I really liked it. I guess I'll have to try it on myself before I pass final judgment, however. The "gone in sixty seconds" platitude was applied to Dior Homme and I found it to be wrong for my skin--DH lasted almost 12 hours!--so I'll have to try this one on myself.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Excuse me? Gooch? You misspelled it twice.

it's catchy sorta like genvy. real 21st century

Now that I have actually worn it, I really like GPH II. Here's my review of it: http://ifconfig.blogspot.com/2007/04...-homme-ii.html (submitted to review board, waiting for publishing).
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I tried GPHII the other day & i also got a resemblance to Bulgari PH with the tea note.On my skin (couple of sprays on wrist) it lasted about 3 hours.