Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

Just thought I'd ask. Getting kinda bored of my current collection and looking for some new ideas. I figured this would be a good place to start.

Wink Re: What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

Hypnotic Poison drives me crazy, but that's when I'm wearing it. I find that when a sexy, well dressed and groomed woman passes by with one of those loud Bond No. 9, civet-overload fragrances - H.O.T. Always - I often wish I were straight! The energy emanating from them is such a turn on, I can imagine how much fun dinner, drinks and.......dessert, mmm, would be with them.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 21st April 2007 at 05:56 AM. Reason: capriciousness!

Default Re: What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

and why? Rofl cause it smells good? Why else would any fragrance in general drive any person crazy regardless of gender. My fave perfume is CK Euphoria.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

For the record, it doesn't 'drive me crazy' cause I like guys. But if I liked girls this would do it for me: Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estee Lauder (Tom Ford).
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th April 2007 at 06:33 PM.

Red face Re: What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

if you want to drive a man crazy just flirt with him and wear something inoffensive but youthful, in my opinion. aka DG Light Blue.
    Last edited by G Man; 20th April 2007 at 06:37 PM.

Consistently, Chanel No5. There is no why, it just is.

Chanel No 19, because it's bewitching, and, on the right person, gives the wearer a slightly mysterious quality. I find that very attractive in women, hence I like this fragrance.

So far it's Princess Vera wang and Tommy Bahama...have to really try more.

Whats up Bashful?

I like Princess because it's sweet yet there is an underneath of flowers that balance it out, I smelled it and thought "Wow...now this is nice, right off the bat, no doubt."

As far as Tommy Bahama it's very subtle and to me it's an "up close" smelling perfume. Once you get up close you can smell "tropical" without it smelling like sun tanning lotion or something, very nice!

I like those scents because, I myself like "Metallic" smelling colognes or easier smelling colognes..."safe" and clean if you will. When I smell that in a woman's perfume with NO Spicyness, no overfloweryness, and no over the boundary talcum powdery smell...then it's awesome IMHO.

Man' I have so many more to try out....errrrrr..not for me ofcourse..lol.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

I find Guerlain Heritage and Creed Original Santal AMAZING on women (and men for that matter).
    For swap/sale: Vintage MPG Santal Noble, vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, 1 Million Intense, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, vintage YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Last year I felt I wanted to grab that girl and sniff her for hours. She was wearing 212.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Hmmmm...it use to be Lauren...now I love Coco Mademoiselle.....Really can't say why...It just smells amazing on women...

Peace and Safety,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 20th April 2007 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJMoonwalker View Post
    and why? Rofl cause it smells good? Why else would any fragrance in general drive any person crazy regardless of gender. My fave perfume is CK Euphoria.
    I believe that a fragrance leaves a greater impression on someone other than "it smells good" LOL Just my 2 cents...

Ok.......Coco Mademoiselle..it platforms class, elegance, sophistication......

Peace and Safety,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 20th April 2007 at 09:19 PM.

for me, something with some amber. and lightly applied. something that reminds of the beach gets me too. i have a feeling that kingdom might work some magic on me as well, but i haven't smelled it.
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Blog Entries

I'd be in heaven if I could find a girl that likes some of the same unisex frags that I like, such as Bvlgari Black, Musc Ravageur, Gaultier2, CK be, & Mugler Cologne.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Magie Noire, Opium, Bandit EDP, Eau du Soir.

Coco Mademoiselle
    Beyond Paradise
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by baald View Post
    i have a feeling that kingdom might work some magic on me as well, but i haven't smelled it.
    I have long been a fan of Dolce & Gabbana. But I recently had the opportunity to wear Kingdom blind. I couldn't stop sniffing myself and thinking, "Wow! I would LOVE to smell this on a woman!" Baald, you NEED to smell this one!

I think the right woman could wear Kingdom every day as her base, "natural" scent, then layer something a little more youthful and innocent on top of it... The combination would be devastating!
    “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

Vintage Cabochard
    Fifi Chachnil
    Boudoir

Getting kinda bored of my current collection
    But you don't show anything in your wardrobe young Lady??? Would help if we knew what you already had and liked.

Angel and Opium do it for me!

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

No. 5 Chanel.

Close the thread. It is done.

By the way, Bashful, what's the deal with the gorgeous Asian woman on your avatar...did you cut that out of a fashion magazine?
    Last edited by Duncan; 21st April 2007 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    By the way, Bashful, what's the deal with the gorgeous Asian woman on your avatar...did you cut that out of a fashion magazine?
    Awww....how sweet of you!! That's actually me, which I'm sure you knew anyway!!

Girl you don't need perfume!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Girl you don't need perfume!
    You're so sweet - but trust me, I do!! I've been known to smell like a "candy shop" or "cookies" so I want to try some different fragrances. I walked into a bar with my girlfriends tonight and all I smelled around the bar was Britney Spears Fantasy. Other than that fragrance, I'm pretty open to trying new things. But that scent really made me cringe...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod View Post
    But you don't show anything in your wardrobe young Lady??? Would help if we knew what you already had and liked.
    I updated my wardrobe so you can see what I currently have in rotation.
    Last edited by bashful_in_newyork; 21st April 2007 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cool Re: What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

Only One?

Ok: OPIUM

Why?

Well, if you have to ask . . .

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Narciso Rodriguez edp.

Coco Mademoiselle and Shalimar. Both have the scent that just works no matter what IMO.

I don't have much experience with women's perfume but I disliked the ones I've tried so far...thought they were the mainstream ones that all smelt alike....floral, sweet or fruity.

I'd try the unisex ones instead:

Creed MI and SMW
    Montale Sweet Oriental Dream & White Musk
    SL Chergui

thought kinda hard to tell...cuz I don't know what you're looking for exactly.

The only women's scents that I like...are Amor Amor..but I found it to be synthetic after a while and Hanae Moir EDT for women, aka Pink Butterfly (I used to wear this one myself).

Also try some of the male scents that lean on the feminine side like Dior Homme.

Two that made me stop the girl and ask her what she was wearing:

Abercrombie & Fitch for Women

Victoria Secret Very Sexy (this was actually the shampoo and the scent was lingering in her hair)

I love Chanel Chance and Coco Mademoiselle on women!
    CK Euphoria and Obsession Night can also be very sexy.

Coco by Chanel. An always intriguing complex fragrance that always leaves me wanting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Victoria Secret Very Sexy (this was actually the shampoo and the scent was lingering in her hair)
    This shampoo and conditioner tends to be very very strong. I find that I don't need to wear perfume if I use this.

I had an x-girlfirned who wore l'Artisan's Fleurs d'Oranger, and now whenever I smell that I get all gooey. She also smoked, and it's happened to me once that I smelled a familliar smokey smell and started to get turned on, and I turned around and it was a drunken old hobo!

But other than that I like on a women:

Burberry Brit Red - really thick, rich, fruity. I liked it so much I bought some, but sold it as it just didn't suit me, too feminine.

Alot of my opinions are based on friends trying out my collection, so there are some guys things in here:

M7 - which is sooo good on a woman - hey didn't I recommend this to you not to long ago? I think you ended up getting some samples. What'd you think?

Opium EDP (women's version)

212 MEN version! Smells great on a woman. The female version is awful in my opinion!

Jasmine scents like Yasmin and A La Nuit are an immediate turn on.

Body Kouros - "made for a man, but strong enough for a woman" or whatever the commercial was - warm, smooth, sweet.

Jo Malone - Pomegranite Noir - Dark, strong, purple - so unisex that you may have to be Prince to wear it...
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Basenotes Plus

if you ask a thousand men you may get a thousand answers. I like Shalimar a lot. I've also known women who just smelled clean, and I liked them, a lot. It really should be something you're comfortable in, and not something you perceive as sexy. An Arabian man might get a bit weird if you're wearing a Montale with oud. A French man may get homesick for something that reminds him of Paris. Don't forget that we give off pheromones and that in a test recently women voted for male sweat as their biggest turn-on.

Long story short, you may be wearing the sexiest thing being talked about currently and attract exactly the wrong types. Que sera.

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    M7 - which is sooo good on a woman - hey didn't I recommend this to you not to long ago? I think you ended up getting some samples. What'd you think?
    I haven't gotten a chance to test this, but for now..I'm putting it down on my wishlist of samples to try.

This is not one, but an idea.

For some reason there is great magnetism in wearing a fragrance that is opposite of your persona. For a change, try it. The most feminine women are very attractive in masculine fragrances like Gucci Pour Homme, CdG Avignon, SL Fumerie Turque or even a leather like Perfum d' Empire Cuir Ottomans. It's the same reason women are irresistable when wearing masculine clothes like old worn jeans, workboots and a T! Men can't resist. Try it.

My lady always gets followers when she wears Creed Erolfa - it is a man's fragrance but seems to sparkle on her! It's the contrast, I think.

Thank you for all of your feedbacks - I jotted them all down and I'm ready to shop!!

yes and i'm sure once you find one, all the men will be flocking to you ever-so quickly. And you will also drive them crazy, at that. All you have to do is sit there all lop-sided in a chair with your legs uncrossed (like man) and let your sillage do all the talking. You will, no doubt, be going home with some hot hot guys.

j/k

Good luck. You would be surprised that a good smell is important to guys. It catches some attention. Sensation orgasm of the nose. I likey. You likey. We all likey.
    Last edited by G Man; 22nd April 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Well, to me its Laura, de Laura Biagiotti...

Why ? Becoz it drives me crazy.....

If Romance could be captured in a bottle, it would be Laura....

many regards,

Renzo..

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Talking Re: What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

Wear that same smile you show in your avatar and you could wear NYC tap water and still have guys drooling...
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

212 Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Wear that same smile you show in your avatar and you could wear NYC tap water and still have guys drooling...
    Amen to that!

But the suggestion from Buzzlepuff to wear something against type was a good one. Very feminine attractive women can really make (certain!) male scents work for them better than very girly scents. You have to choose them carefully, but they can do wonders for the right women.
    Last edited by Eluard; 23rd April 2007 at 02:20 AM.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

The fragrance has to match the woman. I had an ex that wore Bulgari pour femme, sexy, great sillage, fit her personality. My present lady wears la chasse au papillon extreme and it matches her personality, a little sweeter, close to the skin, innocent at first sniff, but naughty when you get closer. The best advice I have is find a scent that smells like the image you want to convey. The type of man you want to attract will appreciate it greatly!!

There is no 'Magic Key' scent to get into a guy's pants. It's more about the -woman- and who you are as a -person- that...

Oh, who am I kidding? (I just felt that someone had to call reference to the millions of 'Hey women, what turns you on?!?' threads )

Another Shalimar fan, here. My current favorite on my GF is Mare, though. Mmmmm...Mare.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    LOL That's so sweet of you!! That made my day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Travtex View Post
    There is no 'Magic Key' scent to get into a guy's pants. It's more about the -woman- and who you are as a -person- that...
    I think our friend Travtex is so wrong about this. When I smell Miss Dior, Creed's Aubepine Acacia, or Guerlain's Jardin de Bagatelle on a woman, my clothes are suddenly too tight, I become absently ecstatic, and I can't help it but drop my boxers before performing a lap dance on her. I guess they just drive me crazy since I don't even know what it is that comes over me and turns me into her private naked dancer.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

It's all over when I smell Dior Addict.

It says I AM A WOMAN

plus I like sandalwood quite a bit.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 23rd April 2007 at 07:46 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Wear for the occasion. Don't smell like a Million bucks if you're dressed in PJs. According to other members, you already have a Million dollar smile.

Just be a sillage bomb.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I think our friend Travtex is so wrong about this. When I smell Miss Dior, Creed's Aubepine Acacia, or Guerlain's Jardin de Bagatelle on a woman, my clothes are suddenly too tight, I become absently ecstatic, and I can't help it but drop my boxers before performing a lap dance on her. I guess they just drive me crazy since I don't even know what it is that comes over me and turns me into her private naked dancer.
    --Chris
    Our prayers have been answered. They've adjusted Chris' dosages.

Magnetism and Chinatown...

my roommy uses Dior Jadore. I think its very memorable

Narciso For Her. RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Montale - Sweet Oriental Dream
    Divine - L'infante
    Chanel - Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Narciso For Her. RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Heard a lot of raves about this fragrance from men, but to me...it reminds me very much of Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely scent. Unfortunately, I smell this on way too many women on the streets and mass transportation of Manhattan nowadays.

Ok, after erasing the thought of Chris doing naked break dancing from my head, here are my suggestions.

Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue - WOW. I will do whatever my wife commands when she wears this

Bulgari Pour Femme - This is just pure class and smells OUTSTANDING. Same reaction as above.

CK Euphoria - This is is a little more popular so you will probably run into others with it, but you can't deny it smells just outstanding.

Lea of Lea St. Barth - This one is sweet. Vanilla and almond. Yummy.

Burberry Brit Red - tangy and sweet. Burberry hit this one out of the park!
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

I plan to buy Creed's Love in White for my (next) girlfriend!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Wore Emporio Armani She today (gift from a former coworker) and I never really realized how masculine it smelled. D&G, Burberry, CK and Coco Mlle seem to be very popular with the men on this board. I'll deifnitely give those a try.

Cool Re: What's the ONE women's fragrance that drives you men crazy? And why?

Bashful:

Here's a related thread

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=191132

Cheers,
    Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Bashful:

Here's a related thread

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=191132

Cheers,
    Mario
    Haven't seen this thread - thank you for pointing it out!

Chanel Chance. reminds me of someone.