Code of Conduct

Default Gaultier2 in the Summer?

Would Gaultier2 be acceptable for a general summer fragrance? (Please bear in mind that I'm talking about an English summer, so it doesn't get too hot over here)

Default Re: Gaultier2 in the Summer?

I worked with the launch of G2 in 2005 (and had to wear a heavy wool black kilt to boot!)... it was launched late spring in Western Australia - with temperatures in the low 30s at the time. Over the following months, the mercury reached 42+ degrees, and I still wore it.

What I found was the warmer it got, the more comments I collected. On my skin at least, the radiant amber notes seemed to project well and compel others to comment.
    Though I'd imagine some couldnt carry it off in such weather (depending on application), I found it very enjoyable, as did those around me.
    I'd imagine a British summer wouldn't prove as warm, but I guess it ll comes down to body chemistry. If you can source a sample or wear some on a hot day, let your best judgement guide you. Good luck!

Basenotes Institution

Not me, but another Basenoter who I have spoken to about G2 said that she loved it in the summer heat - so perhaps it would work for you...

I have been considering a bottle for a while now...I still am trying to see if I can tolerate the grape Bubble-Yum note I get at the top, which initially turned me off a little.

I think you can wear anything, the area I live in is basically tropical humid weather.

The only thing to think about is your surroundings, if it's going to be outdoors, I woudn't have a problem with it at all, but if you're going to be in a stuffy room full of people, I would think twice about it. G2 packs a lot of thick sillage so closed rooms may require a lighter hand with the scent.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

When I first smelled G2 I immediately thought it was a warm weather fragrance. Since then I've come to acknowledge that most consider it to be for autumn or winter. I decided to test it out and took it on vacation to Ft. Lauderdale back in February--high temps in the low to mid 80's. It was fantastic and I received several compliments on it. My advice, though, is to go light. The G2 Body Lotion makes for a great apres-beach moisturizer--and along with a dab of EDP......just perfect for warm weather, especially warm weather evenings. Well....at least it was for me!