Code of Conduct

Talking New Malle... for men!!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: New Malle... for men!!

I can't wait to try this one. It sounds very interesting.

I talked to the Malle sales rep at Barneys in Dallas. She says they expect it in the store on May 15th.

Looking forward to this one. It's a terrible name though. How do you answer someone who inquires about your frag? "Oh, I'm wearing French Lover." I'm cringing just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    Looking forward to this one. It's a terrible name though. How do you answer someone who inquires about your frag? "Oh, I'm wearing French Lover." I'm cringing just thinking about it.
    Ditto.

I'm not a big fan of Malle for Men...MR, too something something for me. Bigarrade, orange peels. VE, boring. However, I do like Malle for feminine scents, I think they are outstanding. It will be interesting to see what this male specific scent does for me.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    QFT. The name is embarrassing. However, I do love Malle so I'm interested to try it.
    Last edited by linnea; 22nd April 2007 at 01:14 AM.

[quote=UngerWoo;1014943]How do you answer someone who inquires about your frag?quote]

You have confidence and say it with a bit of humor, as was intended by those who gave the fragrance its name.

Maybe Malle was affected by that housekeeper bashing comment he made in 2006 ("my friends dont want to smell like their maids!") and decided to make his next fragrance a bit more approachable (atleast in terms of the name if not price) ! Malle's next fragrance after this? "French Maid" !
    Last edited by zztopp; 22nd April 2007 at 03:30 AM.
    -

I've always loved how Frederic Malle named their scents and now this. Seems like I'm not the first to react on the horrible HORRIBLE sounding name. I can't wait to try the fragrance out though

I think that Malle is the best quality niche company. you can not underestimate the quality of their scents

the name? french lover? I agree with shifts that Malle's names of the scents were nice...
    hope, it will be a slight digression which will add some joyfulness (the same as Paris baby doll - to YSL scents)
    Last edited by DreamerII; 22nd April 2007 at 09:46 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I'm really hoping for a more "manly" fragrance from Malle this time; I feel a bit left out.
    Last edited by CJ; 27th April 2007 at 10:52 PM.

i don't want another malle scent -- i'll probably have to have it and they are too expensive -- i already have 2 malle's in line as my next purchases.

(does sound good though, the new one. and yes, i think some people need to lighten up about the name....)
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

I'm imagining something like Divine's L'Homme Sage, judging by the notes listed on the article. I'm excited! But really, I'll have to come up with a replacement name if I ever wear it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I have trouble with fragrances with words like "lover" or "romance" or "alllure" in them. I can imagine what a date would think going through one's medicine cabinet and finding my cologne: "French Lover" eh gods, that would be embarassing.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Ditto.
    soory i love the name

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    "The scent of the Veuve Clicquot you licked off your lover’s body lingers in the high thread count sheets…"

high thread count sheets? what the f.... As if good dirty French sex was about linen quality. That's so GERMAN, folks ("zis sheet has a 400 thread count. Say zis number aloud vile you TOUCH MY MONKEY!!!) . Oh and THEN the Veuve Cliquot faux pas. Roederer Cristal at the least, my dears, this is where quality does matter. This text was written by a Prussian or a New England Calvinist with no sense of savoir vivre .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    "The scent of the Veuve Clicquot you licked off your lover’s body lingers in the high thread count sheets…" - high thread count sheets? what the f.... As if good dirty French sex was about linen quality....
    Photograph and text are downright idiotic, I agree. 'Brigitte, your guide to the good life' ...hehehe!
    But Sir: French lover = good dirty FS? Am I correct suspecting that there is a slight misunderstanding somewhere? However, let's not get into more details on that, please!

The 'best' on this site is a recent photograph of Jean Paul Gaultier together with some blabla about 'Fleur Du Male'. La Cage Aux Folles comes to my mind immediately, and I do not really wonder why. That perfume smells really good, and so is the price which is all I should consider when I finally buy it!
    Last edited by narcus; 6th May 2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I think I have posted elsewhere on this. This new FM won't be named "French Lover" in North America. Somehow FM got a wind of this. I don't know how reliable is my source though.....