Code of Conduct

Default Opinions and help...Any of these cologne samples good???

Hey all,

I went through the whole lot of C.Herrera's colognes and none of them are any good IMHO. I have Chic for Men, which I'm wearing now (smell a bit of Corduroy in this one..possibly the suede note?) and lastly 212 White men and the original 212 for men.

Today is Chic day..lol Tommorow will be 212 White men...and Tuesday I'll try 212 for men.

I was wondering in your OP which of these if you had to choose from would be the one to purchase???

My second question is they also threw in 6 samples just for the hell of it as extra's for me to try. Do you recognize any of these AND what do you think about them and which one would be a purchase if you had to make one:

1. Paco Rabanne Eau- 2002
    2. Hypnose Homme by Lancombe-2007
    3. PS by Paul Sebastian-1979
    4. Intimately Beckham- 2006
    5. Prada Amber Pour homme-2006
    6. Perry Ellis 18-2006

Man, I would appreciate any and all feeback on the best ones out of the last 3 Herrera's I have left AND the 1 through 6 I mentioned above.

Thanks all!
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Default Re: Opinions and help...Any of these cologne samples good???

"212 white men" oh my gosh.. why would they name it that? that could offend some people..

anyway, I didn't care for Hypnose by Lancom. A bit subtle, sweet, it just doesnt seem smooth on my skin.

Prada amber smelt like powdery grape juice.
    Last edited by G Man; 22nd April 2007 at 06:46 PM.

Funny, I thought of the same thing...calling it White men in this day of Imus! lmao

Thats the name they gave it though...lmao

Well.....out of that whole list I tried I found 1 cologne worth it's weight in gold.......

Chic for Men by Herrera was the best one out of all of them!

And I mean ALL OF THEM including those extras they threw in the order.

They all sucked. lol

Looks like my next purchase will be Allure Sport AND Chic for Men...that should do it unless one of you guys can take a look at my wardrobe and see if theres anything out there that can fit into my style?

I looked at 2007 line and nothin' doing at all!

I was going to add POLO SPORT to the 2 I'm going to buy but I think Allure sport and Chic should be enough, more modern as far as release date.

Hey, if you guys run into any scents with "Metallic" notes please let me know, my wardobe speaks for my preference.

Thanks a hell of a lot, any help would be appreciated.

Squire.
    --------------------------------------
    I'm stickin with my wardobe! I tried almost everything and I just got the Allure Sport last night. They sent me Nautica Competition yellow and black and I smelled T for Him by Tommy Hilfiger right away! lol no good...you'd think I'd get a sample I would like sooner or later...lol.

lol....I AM however, looking for another cologne to complete my collection!!! Just one more!

Hittin Saks in Huntington soon and hopefully I'll find a sample thats nice!

To all who are searching...get those cards sprayed and take em' home and experiment, seperate them on a table and smell with a can of coffee at your side to refresh your nasal passages.

It does work.
    Last edited by The Squire; 26th April 2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Hey all,

I went through the whole lot of C.Herrera's colognes and none of them are any good IMHO. I have Chic for Men, which I'm wearing now (smell a bit of Corduroy in this one..possibly the suede note?) and lastly 212 White men and the original 212 for men.

Today is Chic day..lol Tommorow will be 212 White men...and Tuesday I'll try 212 for men.

I was wondering in your OP which of these if you had to choose from would be the one to purchase???

1. Paco Rabanne Eau- 2002
    2. Hypnose Homme by Lancombe-2007
    3. PS by Paul Sebastian-1979
    4. Intimately Beckham- 2006
    5. Prada Amber Pour homme-2006
    6. Perry Ellis 18-2006

Man, I would appreciate any and all feeback on the best ones out of the last 3 Herrera's I have left AND the 1 through 6 I mentioned above.

Thanks all!

212 for Men is the most disgusting fragrance (if you can call it that) that I've ever smelled. It's very toxic, to the point that it gave me a headache.

Last but not least, I'd stay away from fragrances that have celebrity names (those who are not in the fragrance business that is), for the most part, they smell awful).

My vote is CHIC for Men from your Herrera range. To be perfectly frank, Im not really a CH enthusiast.

From the last six, Id say definitely Prada PH. Its enjoyable, and a little different from the norm. As a second, Lancôme Hypnose PH. I sampled this just a few days ago, and although I didnt find it ground-breaking, its sillage was excellent.

I sampled Prada Amber Pour homme a few weeks ago and I really liked it. A well composed scent was my first impression and I will look more into that one.
    Arte et labore

Basenotes Institution

The only sample that I would recommend is the Prada Amber Pour Homme - although I can't wear it myself, some people (including the NY Times perfume critic Chandler Burr) love it.

Thanks for all the help.

I'm going with Unforgiveable 1st buy, Lucky Number 6 second buy, and lastly for Octoberfest...lol Michael for Men....must smell awesome in the Fall/Winter!!1

Thanks all!!!!!!!

You all help out soo much.

Smile Re: Opinions and help...Any of these cologne samples good???

I may be in the minority. But I have always liked Paul Sebastian. I have seen it described on this site as pure dreck but that is what makes scents so interesting is that one mans treasure is anothers trash

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors