Code of Conduct

Default Cologne in your hair?

You guys spray your hair? How do you do it? Do you think it wise? What's your procedure? What types of cologne(olfactory groups, longevity/sillage ratios, etc) do you (spray on?) your hair, and with what liberation? What kind of people are you that do this - oily skinned/haired? dry? Do you find it matters?
    I'm intrigued to know. I don't know if my skin is particularly oily or not, but when I shower one day, go to bed, and wake up the next, my chest, face, hair, and most of me, really, is considerably oily compared to an hour after the shower. I sure do love that slightly animalistic feeling, though. Pheromones at high projection, and I smell pretty good already(not to be too egocentric), I am often tempted and submit to not taking a shower for that day. The blending of cologne is much more enjoyable. But I digress.
    My questions in the first paragraph, if you would.

Default Re: Cologne in your hair?

I do not. My hair is short and I use shampoo with different smells so I don't want to get that all mixed up. I also wear hats so that would smell strange if I had a hat that had a whole bunch of different smells trapped inside it. I'm not for it. I wear it from the chin down.

Girls who spray those smelly hair sprays with melon secents, ect.. can be smelt from around the corner..so imagine with a quality perfume!

If you have long hair, go for it. Short hair won't waft around in the air and give the scent off.

I've sprayed toward my hair from about a foot or 18 inches away a few times. I didn't do it based on the fragrance family of the scent or a wish to get more sillage though so I regret I can't help with those questions. I did it because I heard that fragrance lasts longer on hair. Tests on my chest and forearm hair seem to have proved this somewhat correct, and with scents notorious for short duration I tried the spray-toward-the-head method. I can't remeber that it really did much though.

A former coworker sprayed her long red hair with her scent from Rochas, and it certainly did last on her and smell great, but I didn't notice a big difference when I tried it. Might try it again though. Maybe I just got used to the smell.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

where did you get this idea? have you been looking in my window?

Hair supposedly hangs-on to scent longer so I spray the tops of my forearms rather than my wrists (pulse points). I also always give the back of my neck a spray after putting on a shirt. I intentionally spray so that it hits my neck, shirt collar, and the back/bottom part of my hair. My extensive testing has shown that hitting the back of my hair adds 17.3607% more longevity to my day's aroma.

~mad

I do spray on my hair ( head! ): just a little touch , frags on my hair or on fabric tend to last longer than on (my) skin.
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

Sometimes when wearing a lighter fragrance (pretty much all mine) I'll spray the back of my neck and hair to try and gain a bit of longevity. Not sure if it works, but what the hell.

I don't do it (especially now that I am clean shaven...on top). The problem for me has always been not to spray too close to the nose. Once those receptors are full, you won't smell your sotd, until they empty again of course. I usually go by the "yard" method. I measure a yard from my nose and go for it. Wrists are ok and tummy is ok. Anything closer and you run the risk of scent receptor overload. This can also happen when you apply your scent if a cloud of scent gets in your nose so I spray and then immediately back up to get out of the cloud. Any one else do this?

Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    I don't do it (especially now that I am clean shaven...on top). The problem for me has always been not to spray too close to the nose. Once those receptors are full, you won't smell your sotd, until they empty again of course. I usually go by the "yard" method. I measure a yard from my nose and go for it. Wrists are ok and tummy is ok. Anything closer and you run the risk of scent receptor overload. This can also happen when you apply your scent if a cloud of scent gets in your nose so I spray and then immediately back up to get out of the cloud. Any one else do this?

Kelley
    I agree, I've been experimenting with that myself. I also notice that if I hold my breath when I spray, I can detect the fragrance for longer afterwards. If I inhale at all during the initial blast (when the molecules are flying all around you) it deadens my nose to the scent for a while afterwards.

I remembered another time I used hair application. It was with a splash of a verbena scent, either Molinard's or Caswell-Massey's, or both, which are very beautiful but very short lasting because straight verbena always has short duration. After a splash rub on chest, shoulders, neck and forearms, I wet my hands with the juice and rubbed it through my hair thoroughly.

Again, I'm sad to say, I don't know if the duration increased thanks the wetting the old head rug, but the hair sure felt squeeky clean.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    I agree, I've been experimenting with that myself. I also notice that if I hold my breath when I spray, I can detect the fragrance for longer afterwards. If I inhale at all during the initial blast (when the molecules are flying all around you) it deadens my nose to the scent for a while afterwards.
    I'll have to try that tomorrow

Yes! I hold my breath as well and then take a couple of steps back. I know there is a cloud even if I can't see one because the dogs sometimes start sneezing! I think it's that initial blast that fills your nose and then deadens your experience for a while. Glad you pointed that out.