Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default XPEC Original by Forester Milan

Does anybody ever heard of it? It´s fantastic!!! I´ve bought it in Munich last saturday and immediately fall in love with it. The following description is from the back of the box:

"A warm sensual blend featuring top notes of Tuberose and Thyme interwoven with Ginger, Pepper and Fennel oils, and a rich, long finish of Cedar and Oakmoss"

And this I found in italian:

"Oggi è il nuovo Xpec Original di Forester a segnalare una strada innovativa per l'uso che fa nell'apertura di un fiore tradizionalmente seducente e dolce. Il "naso" inglese Shirley Brody, forte di una lunga esperienza alla guida di Penhaligon's, si è servita della tuberosa dandole accenti secchi e asciutti e accostandola al timo e alla rosa, allo zenzero, al finocchio, al pepe e ai legni. Il risultato è un'eau de toilette dal ritmo insolito e incalzante che si apre, a mano a mano che le note si scaldano, su aspetti contrastanti e sorprendenti."

Il "naso" inglese Shirley Brody?? Isn´t that the "nose" behind Czech & Speake No 88? I´m sure it is, and now I know why XPEC always remindes me of No 88. I think it shares some of the topnotes of No 88 but especially the basenotes are warmer and richer with some woody notes added.
    I´m sure, if you like No 88 you will love this dark, full-blooded and full-bodied cousin! Try it!!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: XPEC Original by Forester Milan

Sounds yummy - I can find NO information about this in the U.S. (drat!) Do you know if Forester Milan has a website (in English)?

Post Thanks / Like

.... here you can find some informations in English:

http://www.xpec.co.uk/

For example Shirley Brody´s comment on her work:

“Cedarwood, Oak Moss and Pepper gave me a very male character as a baseline. Ginger and Citrus I chose for their qualities of Mediterranean warmth. And, to soften and round these characteristics, I wanted to include Rose too since they are my favourite flowers.

Tuber Rose is less obviously feminine, and yet it has a mellow, sensual elegance. Thyme provides a contrast, a balance with the rose and to give an uplift, a feeling of excitement almost of hypnotic intoxication. This is what I felt that I wanted in this new man’s fragrance.

So I mapped out all the words I use to describe this perfume concept, and then placed by each word an essential oil; and presto! XPEC Original was born. This is my expertise – creating a perfumery concept a picture of a fragrance.”

– Shirley Brody, designer

Although it is made in Italy, it seems to be thoroughly British.... However, it is wonderful!
    Last edited by sables; 24th April 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m bumping this old thread to see if anyone has been able to get XPEC products in the USA yet?

Particularly after reading Sables’ posts about XPEC Original, and other Basenoters’ as well, I’d love to get a sample of this one. The fact that they have a whole men’s range of products surrounding the frag is great too.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bumping, how could I have missed this first time around? Forrester produced C&S perfumes for quite some time, as we have discussed on C&S 88 and other threads and had some incredible materials at its disposal which made all the vintages I have tried outshine the current C&S formulations by significant margins. Brody and Forrester teaming up should make one heck of a good perfume. I'll be looking out for this.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

XPEC Original is an outstanding fragrance in the veins of C&S #88 or Iquitos. An immense herbal floral, exceptional for a men 's scent and for sure not everybody's cup of tea. Alas, the bottle and packaging look quite generic and cheap, but the juice is high quality stuff.
    First In Fragrance carries the line (also samples), and they ship to the US.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh.....XPEC Original, still a favourite of mine! Some weeks ago I bought a new bottle, along with vintage Mitsouko and vintage Profumo - a panic attack due to IFRA regulations concerning oak/treemoss and I wanted to stock up!
    But in case of XPEC Original I think a was a little to late, the new juice is not the same anymore, although still excellent and unique! New stuff is somewhat lighter, a bit airy and not that bold and longlasting as older batches.
    Maybe because it´s not that offensive anymore it might be a little easier to wear and every chypre-lover (tuberose-thyme-oakmoss-cedar!) should have tried this wonderful dark floral-herbal concoction once, IMO!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gerald for the tip on First in Fragrance...I will check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by sables View Post
    ...the new juice is not the same anymore, although still excellent and unique! New stuff is somewhat lighter, a bit airy and not that bold and longlasting as older batches.
    Maybe because it´s not that offensive anymore it might be a little easier to wear and every chypre-lover (tuberose-thyme-oakmoss-cedar!) should have tried this wonderful dark floral-herbal concoction once, IMO!!
    That's really unfortunate to hear sables...always hard to see an old favorite messed with like that, but good to hear that you still hold it in such high regard. I'll try and get my hands on some.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - I just got to try this one and I am loving it! It is quite an intoxicating mix of flowers and herbs.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Wow - I just got to try this one and I am loving it! It is quite an intoxicating mix of flowers and herbs.
    petruccijc, did you find a bottle or sample somewhere in the US? This is one that always intrigues me, then I forget about it...and then I hear another rave review about it!
    I just have to try this somehow...I actually just emailed XPEC to see what shipping a sample to the US would cost...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, fantastic juice.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

If you email the contact address at http://www.xpec.co.uk they can ship all of their items from the UK to the USA but you must pay thru PayPal. If anyone is interested I have a 100ml bottle of the EDT that's about 75% full originally purchased about five years ago for sale (the "old stuff"). You can contact me via PM if interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sample of this one, but when i sniffed on the sample it seemed so 80`s male fragrance in a bad way that i didn`t got excited to try it. Now I got curious, need to put some on skin to see if it`s as good as they`re saying here...

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Original and the Trinity collection which consists of 2 fragrances that you can mix or wear separately a few years back, but I found them very bland and quite cheap smelling to be honest. They still sell the 4 samples for £2 so they're certainly worth sampling, as what I didn't like could be someone's surprise find

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I tried Original and the Trinity collection which consists of 2 fragrances that you can mix or wear separately a few years back, but I found them very bland and quite cheap smelling to be honest. They still sell the 4 samples for £2 so they're certainly worth sampling, as what I didn't like could be someone's surprise find
    I tried that one too. They are bland in fact, but I don`t see them as cheap. They just look like fragrances made with natural ingredients, but the ones that have been used so much in that way that there`s nothing new to be explored. The XPEC Trinity I is melony, citrusy, grassy, while the Trinity II is more aromatic, fougere, with a dominant lavender - fern accord over a green rose flower and a soft mossy woody base. When wear together, i saw that Trinity I works as the topnotes of the combo and Trinity 2 as the middle and basenotes.