Code of Conduct

Default Burberry touch-your opinion?

Seeing how I own about 25 colognes, I took the time today to just think about which ones I really don't like or wear and my eyes glanced at Burberry touch. I bought this fragrance last year and have only worn it ONCE! After that I haven't even touched it unless I just wanna see how it smells because I havent tried it in so long.

Do you guys own this fragrance and if so do you still wear it? I just cant see myself wearing this anymore. Its just a nono. If I do, it definately will only be one spray. Another one that I dont wear anymore is very irresistable. That one is WAY too sweet.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Burberry touch-your opinion?

I'm a chick, but I wear the men's Burberry Touch sometimes. It's a very clean musky scent & it's something I enjoy. Hmm...I haven't worn it in awhile...maybe I'll wear it tomorrow.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Like CologneJunkie, I usually wear it for its muskiness, or the musk note combined with the nutmeg & pepper, plus the cedar...I guess the violet leaf note comes through a little bit for me.

I don't wear this one much either. However, I do like it. Obviously, I haven't been in the mood for it. Either that, or possibly it's become dated, or its mainly for a certain kind of guy. A woman I know said she liked it on me, and I seem to remember that this was one that a lot of women said they like (or liked). It's very nicely balanced, not sharp, very wearable, and just interesting enough, but perhaps it lacks a "strong" note or accord to make a person really want to wear it a lot...maybe it is a bit bland, though I hesitate to denegrate it. I also find it a bit melancholic, almost like it's most suitable for dry, cool autumn days as the year leans toward winter and trees become bare. I do find it a slightly dry scent. But sometimes it hits the spot. I don't wear mine much, but I do keep it.

I used to own it but wound up selling it on ebay. It's just an OK frag, so it never really made it into my rotation all that often.

I don't miss it that much either ...

One of my personal Top 3. It's the only sweet oriental I can really wear - and that's because the sweet oriental base is offset with an invigorating blast from the violet, pepper and vetiver. Beautifully blended, in that the sweetness really forms a base on which the other elements can shine, instead of the musk and tonka taking over and turning the whole thing into a cloud of cotton candy or syrup.

Wore it all through winter, although, yes, it's best suited for overcast autumn days I think - temperature around 10C, loads of leaves on the ground.

If anyone knows of a summer fragrance that smells roughly the same (though obviously eases up on the sweetness in the drydown), please tell me.

Oh, and it's also my number one complimented fragrance - take that with a grain of salt, though, since my complete list of compliments ever looks like this:

1. Burberry Touch - 2.
    2/3/4. Santos de Cartier, YSL Kouros, Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire - 1.
    5. All others - 0.

It's one of my most recent purchases and I like it a lot. I'm a big fan of musk done well, and this one is a great example.

Jim

Received a bottle as a gift a few years ago and loved it. The tonka and a musk in the base won me over. Easily my favorite Burberry. I finished the bottle about six years ago and have considered buying another; however, I keep finding fragrances I'd rather wear.
    Last edited by Sloan; 18th April 2007 at 10:03 PM.

Post Re: Burberry touch-your opinion?

Naranjito, I recommend you try Divine's L'Homme de Coeur, it has similar vibe to it, yet it's so much more smooth, subtle and natural smelling, and not as sweet. I have a feeling you'd love it.

FiFi Award winner ( for both the fragrance and the packaging ) in the year 2000.
    Clean musky scent with violets in the top. May smell a bit feminine for some, but it's a good fragrance nevertheless. I wouldn't wear it on an everyday basis though.
    My own fragrance obsession started with Burberry Touch.

don't like it at tall get it English ha ha anyway it is too blah doesn't say enough I actually do not like any of the Burberry fragrances till I smelled Summer kindof like that one.

One of my top 3. And its only $25.
    With pepper..yet still smells young ...nice

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Naranjito, I recommend you try Divine's L'Homme de Coeur, it has similar vibe to it, yet it's so much more smooth, subtle and natural smelling, and not as sweet. I have a feeling you'd love it.
    Thanks, I will!

Divine's L'Homme de Coeur,

where to buy?