Code of Conduct

Default Creed Silver Mountain Water

Hi everyone. I love Creed (Imperial, Erolfa, GIT, Himalaya, VIW) I just ordered Creed Silver Mountain Water, but I have never tried SMW. I absolutely hate CK-1. Do you guys think I will like SMW? Is it like CK-1?
    Last edited by Maz24; 24th April 2007 at 01:19 AM.

Default Re: Creed Silver Mountain Water

creed = the best quality ingrediants

SMW = the best of creed. you hav bought the greatest fragrance know to man. compliments galour on this one. enjoy!

p.s try MI too.

Basenotes Institution

I do not like many Creed scents, although a few I absolutely LOVE. One of them is Silver Mountain Water.

It is very complex, and long lasting. Fun too. However, some of the similarities to CK1 are valid.

I don't like CK1. However, I find SMW very wearable and handy for many occassions day and night.

Hope that helps.

I would not worry about any similarity to CK1. If there are commonalities between them, they are not substantial, at least not to me. I'm not a fan of CK1, but I really like SMW. MI and BdP are my favs, though.
    Last edited by Drzed; 23rd April 2007 at 10:22 PM.

I might be biased becuase I have yet to come across a Creed that I find more impressive than, say, a Chanel or a Caron, but I think SMW is simply too sweet...and I would venture that say that it has some off-putting synthetic notes in there. Even if they aren't synthetic, they smell like it to me, and I suppose that's what counts.

For me, SMW is the least impressive of Creed's offerings. I don't really think it smells much like CK1 to be honest, but I still don't like it. Since SMW and MI are, basically, the same type of fragrance (fruity, fresh) I say stick with just MI, as it is hands down the better of the two.

I guess none of this really matters though, since you already ordered it I hope you like it more than me!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yeah I have multiple bottles of Imperial, Erolfa, GIT and Himalaya, and I absolutely love them, I am just worried I won't feel the same about SMW.

Actually I just got a small bottle and I am wearing a little on my arm to see if I like it. At first I did not, but now that it has dried down and mellowed I am really warming up to it. In fact it is very pleasant, I just tried GIT and frankly I was underwhelmed but SMW is something special in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Yeah I have multiple bottles of Imperial, Erolfa, GIT and Himalaya, and I absolutely love them, I am just worried I won't feel the same about SMW.
    My friend loves and wears Silver Mountain Water and I love it on her. LOVE IT. I don't find it similar to CK one. To me CK one is sharp, metallic and synthetic. Silver Mountain Water has a gorgeous full bodied element to it that makes it a living thing with more of an organic feel. It is truly lovely. I find Himalaya more wearable on my body chemistry for now, at least. But I think you are in store for a profound relationship with Silver Mountain Water.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

In my opinion, there is very small amount of similarity between CK1 and Creed SMW. Creed SMW I think is a fresh and youthful scent. If you like Himalaya and Imperial, you will probably like SMW also. I also think SMW would be more of a summer scent.

You'll love SMW. In my personal opinion, it's not like CK1 much at all. SMW will absolutely blow you away. It's one of those fragrances that I've found has alot of presense. A very attractive girl I used to work with one day was coming my way and she was maybe 10 feet away when she evidently noticed it and just put her nose up in the air smiling moving her hands trying to fan it towards her....perhaps I had too much on, but she and everyone I know just love the stuff. It's just so different from your normal fragrances. It's a winner.

Silver Mountain Water is my second favorite Creed (MI is number one). And really, sometimes I like Silver Mountain Water more than any other scent. I feel really good wearing it, I get tons of compliments, and I love the smell of it.

Initially when I got my bottle blind, I was underwhelmed. That changed quickly though. The only people who wouldn't like Silver Mountain Water are probably those that don't like the Creed house note anyway. So, if you already like some of the "standard" latter day Creeds, it's safe to say you will really enjoy SMW. Five stars doesn't do it justice. Absolutely perfect in every way...

Now I can't wait to see what SMW will be like! :-)

Talking Re: Creed Silver Mountain Water

It is a must buy...SMW is one of the best Creed scents...especially for the younger people. It is easy to wear and it´s perfect for spring and summer. Very fresh and clean!!!
    Nothing like CK1. On me "it´s long lasting"!

I would like to add that MI and SMW have huge fan followings. I am more partial to MI.

I should also mention that SMW is one of the Creeds which suffers a lot from "batch" variations. I have tried it from many different sources, and its composition % varies a lot. My initial experience with it was from a "batch" in which the blackcurrant note dominated the composition - as a result the juice was a little too sweet for me.

I recently revisited SMW at Saks after trying the wonderful shower gel, in which the scent concentrate strikes the perfect balance of tea and currants. The tester at Saks had just the right mix of the two dominant notes and it smelled fantastic. I took home a sample and darn it, it was ripe currants all again. Nevertheless, I decided to buy a decant from a trusted seller and was glad to receive the "perfectly balanced" juice in which the tea and citrus note are more perceptible and lend a refreshing transparency to the composition.

I dont know what causes this imbalance in SMW but I would say try before you buy. Its a wonderful fragrance...if you are able to experience it in its intended form.

Oh, and there are no similarities between SMW and Ck1. They are the same "type" of scent in the same way that all leather scents are similar, but ck1 is definitely not a direct substitue for SMW.
    Last edited by zztopp; 24th April 2007 at 09:03 AM.
    -

I can't wait til I get my SMW tomorrow, it isn't a feminine scent is it? I am not into feminine scents on me.
    Last edited by Maz24; 25th April 2007 at 06:03 AM.

There are few Creeds I don't like, but SMW is definitely one of them. I want to love it, but all I get is that bic pen ink smell. Its overwhelming, from start to finish. The description that SMW and MI are similar...I don't get that.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Talking Re: Creed Silver Mountain Water

I have a Creed discription book and it writes:
    Millésime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, Himalaya, Original Vetiver and Santal, Bois du Portugal, EROLFA, Green Valley, Neroli Sauvage...all of them is just for MAN.

Royal Water, Zeste Mandarine, Virgin Island Water and Royal Delight are UNISEX´

But nowadays you can´t say this is for men and this for women. It´s your choice...some of women scent can used by a man and also women can use a man scent :-)
    If it fits...

Thank you all for your replies. I just got the bottle this morning, and boy am I in love with it. It smells fantastic, it is probably my third favorite creed. Imperial being number one, and Erolfa number two. I hope my fiancee likes it as much. She hates my GIT, and I love it. Hopefully this won't be the case with SMW! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    There are few Creeds I don't like, but SMW is definitely one of them. I want to love it, but all I get is that bic pen ink smell. Its overwhelming, from start to finish. The description that SMW and MI are similar...I don't get that.

TNMA

My feelings on this are identical. Seconded.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 25th April 2007 at 11:35 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I get the similarities between SMW and MI in the basenotes, but besides that not much. I went to Neiman today and smelled it and it was nasty, the bottle that I got today smelled much better, much more fresh. I am in love!
    --------------------------------------
    I just wore my SMW and went to a resturant with my friend. My friend, the waitress, and a guy at a gas station complimented me on my scent, and the guy at the gas station asked me about what Creed was so I let him in on Creed's rich history. I personally can't get enough of it. This stuff is addicting! Thanks for the recommendation guys, I am more than happy with my purchase ;-)
    Last edited by Maz24; 26th April 2007 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost