Code of Conduct

Default Montale Perfumes

Default Re: Montale Perfumes

Wow their prices are ridiculous I thought a 100ml bottle was about $100 not 210

The ouds are more expensive than the regular line. Montale also makes smaller bottles of 1.7oz.

They are totally worth it imho...this is my new "it" line...Wore the Chypre Fruit last night and it was terrific....have a bottle of the patchoulli leaves - heaven....and decants of the skin, vetiver, rose aoud, cuir aoud, royal oudh....HOT HOT HOT!

and yes, the 1.7 oz bottles are about $100 at current exchange and can be ordered from Montale direct.

marlen

I agree with Marlen. I have Royal Oud and Cuir Arabie and just acquired a decant of Vetiver Sables which I also love. All are well crafted and smell like no other.

Just perused the email from Aedes this morning myself. With Kyoto finally on the way as of yesterday, I'm on the wagon again, but will probably allow myself one more before years end. I was think a Lutens but now I'm not so sure.

Has anyone tried the "Attar" fragrance from the Oud line? Seems interesting. Of the ones you have tried which ones would you rate the best? Looks like the creator of the line formerly worked on the CSP line. Explains the aluminum bottle design.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    Looks like the creator of the line formerly worked on the CSP line. Explains the aluminum bottle design.
    I certainly hope not. I would expect something a lot better than CSP here.

Quote Originally Posted by scenthound

I certainly hope not. I would expect something a lot better than CSP here.
    I am pretty sure he has worked on the older CSP line. However, also heard that this line is a departure from the CSP days. So, we will have to see.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

When merely contemplating a flirtation with Montale Wood and Spice I was so naive.

I thought I could handle it.

Its all too, too late, now that I have worn it.

Montale Wood and Spice has brought me to its senses.

No flirtation now....

No infatuation even....

It must be Love, since I can't find me anymore, but notice instead, only Wood and Spice

Any new input on these? They sound heavier in general - swet as well? Obtaining some samples (all I can spring for at the moment). Which vetiver does their vetiver most lean toward (i.e. Creeds Vetiver Originale vs Malle)? The ones on my curiousity list are:

Embruns d'Essaouira
    Wood & Spices
    Soleil de Capri
    Fougères Marines
    Vetiver des Sables
    Aoud Lime
    Aoud Pur Oriental

Not into heavier "masculine" scents (leather,etc. - although Varvatos I now sort of like). Martin's Chypre Fruit now has me curious about this one as well.
    Thanks for any info! (Now where's that lottery ticket...)

Smile Re: Montale Perfumes

If you are looking for really decent prices, I would recommend The Perfume Shoppe. I purchased 5 bottles from this line and I couldn't be happier with the service, not to mention the savings. They ship all over the world and Nazrin is truly a gem when it comes with selecting the right scent.

Cheers,

Parisa
    --------------------------------------
    Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that I recently purchased Soleil de Capri and I couldn't be happier with this citrus scent. Both my husband and I were it (I think it's supposed to be Unisex), and when it's applied in warmer weather, it's fabulous. Like you, my husband doesn't like heavy scents but still wants to smell original so this line is perfect for him.

Parisa
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    Has anyone tried the "Attar" fragrance from the Oud line? Seems interesting. Of the ones you have tried which ones would you rate the best? Looks like the creator of the line formerly worked on the CSP line. Explains the aluminum bottle design.
    I sampled the Attar and it's less pungent than the others in the oud line, although I love Black Oud (gets the highest rating). It really does bring out an aura of the past orient but it's modern enough to wear today. I think that it's absolutely full bottle worthy! I also think that CSP has nothing on Montale....two different ends of the spectrum. Montale is truly original and it's one of the only lines that I can grab any scent and it 'works'.

Regards,
    Parisa
    Last edited by parisa; 21st April 2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where can the Montale range be sampled in Uk.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    I've tested my way through most of the Aoud line, and so far prefer Black Aoud and Aoud Cuir d'Arabie over the rest. Attar is very beautiful, though perhaps a bit sweeter and more "conventional" than some other members of the clan. If you're interested in an oud-rose scent, you should also try Black Aoud and Royal Aoud.

I have a sample order of 5-6 Montales coming within a week or so. I'll let everyone know what I think when I get them.

Our very own Basenotes member, VJ (maisonstinky) offers a selection of Montales as well.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I have decants of Royal Aoud and Attar, and a sample of Aoud Ambre. They're all completely wonderful, and the lasting power is phenomenal. The rose note in Royal Aoud and Attar is darkly beautiful, and I love the sandalwood/rose accord in Attar. Ambre is wonderful - a lovely soft, dark amber with the aoud stretching around it. Very impressed with all three, but in a fight I think Royal Aoud might win for me.

"Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quick question guys: A member on this thread said that you could get a 100ml bottle of Montale Perfumes in the UK for £43, anybody confirm this? I'm just thinking that $83 for a 100ml bottle is a lot better than $110 for a 50ml. Thanks for anybody who can answer this! Oh, and I've checked the links on here; $210 for a 100ml seems a bit much seeing as I can get it on the Montale site for $153. (They do ship to the US don't they?)
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    Quick question guys: A member on this thread said that you could get a 100ml bottle of Montale Perfumes in the UK for £43, anybody confirm this? I'm just thinking that $83 for a 100ml bottle is a lot better than $110 for a 50ml. Thanks for anybody who can answer this! Oh, and I've checked the links on here; $210 for a 100ml seems a bit much seeing as I can get it on the Montale site for $153. (They do ship to the US don't they?)
    - Rich
    I am unaware,sadly,of any Montale being available in the UK for that price. I was in the Montale store in Paris, this time last week.

Great company, fascinating store and excellent service, by the way.

I have now tried a few Montales`.My personal favourite is Black Aoud.Must get a bottle of this.This scent is really nice,great sillage & even on me superb longevity.Similar IMO to C & S No.88 but i think Black Aoud just gets the nod.

I bought Attar and White Musk. I tried many more. Of the ones I tried, I was most taken by Steam Aoud. In all honesty, the quality is so high, the compositions so rich I think that this is a fascinating house.

Talking Re: Montale Perfumes

I agree with frank06...the black auod is by far the best montale scent (for me).