Code of Conduct

Default Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Sport??

Ok I saw this on ebay and thought it was some sort of fake bottle at first but looking at the Basenotes directory it does exist and got some good reviews. Has anyone here tried this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JEAN-PATOU-LACOS...QQcmdZViewItem
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Sport??

Yes,

I have two bottles of it that I've been nursing and preserving since the 1980's. It's one of the most original fragrances I've ever owned. It's a citrus fragrance based predominantly on a clean, soft and elegant and heart achingly beautiful petitgrain note accord. Terrible, appaling longevity, however, and all my subsequent purchases of this particular fragrance boxed or unboxed have not proven successful. It has a tendency to deteriorate very easily I suspect because it is certainly made of up very simple and mostly natural citrus elements.

The database has it incorrectly listed it as a Lacoste fragrance. Lacoste actually commissioned Jean Patou to make it and eventually Jean Patou bought the Lacoste fragrance rights, though they have, I believe, since then reliquished the Lacoste brand.

You are correct in noting, as the ad correctly does, that it's Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Sport. It was made in 1968 as the sports version of Jean Patou Lacoste EDT, which was created in 1967 by Jean Kerleo when he then took over as the chief nose of Jean Patou. Eau de Sport is also a Kerleo creation, as, of course, are Eau de Patou, Patou Pour Homme and Patou Pour Homme Prive. Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Toilette bears a striking resemblence to Creed's Acier Aluminium, or, rather, I should say Creed's Acier Aluminium bears a striking resemblence to Jean Patou Lacoste EDT since it come out four years latter.

I also have the EDT version and that one is a safer buy if you can find it. I would NOT trust the bottle being offered on ebay, especially as it appears to be without a box.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 26th April 2007 at 09:28 PM.

Does anyone know what are the notes in this alliance of two polar opposites ?

From Acier Aluminium I get citrus, fruits, and a "metallic" note - no petitgrain in there though.
    -

The Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Toilette is an entirely different fragrance to the Eau de Sport. The petitgrain accord only applies to the Eau de Sport version. I thought that would be clear from my characterization and my making the comparison with Acier Aluminium and the Lacoste EDT, which as you rightly note zztopp has nothing to do with petitgrain.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 26th April 2007 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    The Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Toilette is an entirely different fragrance to the Eau de Sport. The pettigrain accord only applies to the Eau de Sport version. I thought that would be clear from my characterization and my making the comparison with Acier Aluminium and the Lacoste EDT, which as you rightly note zztopp has nothing to do with pettigrain.

scentemental
    My mistake; I still cant get over the Patou-Lacoste combo mentioned on the same bottle
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    My mistake; I still cant get over the Patou-Lacoste combo mentioned on the same bottle

Both founders of their respective houses Jean Patou and Renee Lacoste knew each other in the 1920s and early 1930s. Subsequent generations of both houses had a working relationship based on the original friendship.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 24th April 2007 at 07:46 PM.

Can someone please confirm if this bottle below is Jean Patou Lacoste edt or Jean Patou Lacoste Sport edt...thanks...

Gupts,

It's Jean Patou Lacoste EDT.

Here's photo of one I sold recently:

It was in perfect condition. Notice the color of the fragrance. It much lighter than the one in your photo. That might be an effect of the lighting, but to my mind, the bottle you have pictured looks like it may have "turned." If you are considering a purchase, my advice is not to purchase the bottle unless the seller will allow you to return it if you are not happy with it. Consider that this fragrance was first released in 1967 and that any bottle you find is likely to be from the 1970s or the early to mid 1980s, when it was discontinued.

For future reference, Jean Patou Lacoste Eau de Sport (1968) comes in a green box and a frosted bottle as can be seen in the following photo:

On the side of the bottle it will specify that it's "Eau de Sport" as can be seen in the following photo:

I hope this helps.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 24th June 2009 at 01:28 PM.

Thank you scentemental for the pics and your valuable advice.
    I certainly would refrain from pushing myself for the purchase of that bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Thank you scentemental for the pics and your valuable advice.
    I certainly would refrain from pushing myself for the purchase of that bottle.
    No problem gupts, anytime.

scentemental

Basenotes Institution

There's a box of Eau de Sport (the one scentemental listed above, in the green box) on Ebay now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380171593401
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 30th October 2009 at 09:14 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle