Code of Conduct

Default Take one away - an effort in helping me shop

OK so I'm getting ready to buy more samples from luckyscent and I've decided I should really get it down to 10 instead of 11. But I'm having trouble deciding which one to cut out
    I definitely want the Santalum, because the sample I have now is almost up and I really love it. Will probably wind up buying it, but as for now, don't feel like spending the nearly $200 it costs for a full bottle.

So here's your task, tell me which one of the 11 scents below to take out of my order (and if you're feeling up to it - tell me why).

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Santal Noble
    Miller Harris L’air de Rien
    Miller Harris Figue Amere
    Montale Blue Amber
    Montale Black Aoud
    Montale Aromatic Lime
    Montale Oud Cuir d’Arabie
    Profumum Acqua di Sale
    Profumum Santalum
    Profumum Antico Caruso
    Profumum Dulcis in Fundo

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Take one away - an effort in helping me shop

Buy all eleven - f*%k it!

p.s. - I think I share the same craving for a full bottle of Santalum as you do...I would KILL for a large size decant of this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Buy all eleven - f*%k it!

p.s. - I think I share the same craving for a full bottle of Santalum as you do...I would KILL for a large size decant of this.
    LOL you're not helping mikeperez23 - since my original inclination was to buy all 11, I'm looking tor strength, solidarity and support of my self-control from my fellow basenotes junkies, not extra enticement to further slide down a slippery slope of all out depraved decant decadence!!

I'd recommend taking out either the Dulcis in Fundo or Aromatic Lime. If you want to go Montale with a lime, definitely pick up Aoud Lime, it is SOOOOOOOO good! I'm not a big fan of smoky scents, but that's just a personal opinion. One thing about Acqua di Sale: it is very much a skin scent. I had a hard time smelling it when I first put it on, but I tried it again lately and have found myself craving a bottle of this $200 toilet water. Very, very light.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

My vote goes to Profumum Santalum. This was divine for a few minutes, but it faded far too quickly for the premium price they are asking.
    Santal Noble is a much better choice for sandalwood fragrance testing.
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 24th April 2007 at 09:41 PM.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault