Code of Conduct

Default Eau Sauvage, Acqua di Parma, or Neroli Sauvage?

Summer is approaching and I am needing a nice citrus staple for the warm months. My bottle of Eau Sauvage is disappearing rather quickly, and AdP has long since departed. Should I re-purchase either of these for the summer, or would you recommend Neroli Sauvage as a good alternative? (I haven't tried that one yet) Or any others?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Eau Sauvage, Acqua di Parma, or Neroli Sauvage?

Try something new!

Citrus and summer = Terre d'Hermes by Hermes

Hey! Thanks for the reminder. That is a rather nice one, and perfect for summer.

Hi Nicholas,
    I am very biased towards Eau Sauvage (and I also love AdP Colonia), but how about:
    YSL Pour Homme
    Armani Eau Pour Homme
    Acqua Classica - Borsari Parma
    Monsieur de Givenchy
    Royall Lyme (for a different take...)

Keep in mind that Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir (or Cuir Fraicheur) is allegedly coming out the next month or so, so you might wait for that. I wasn't particularly keen when I tried Neroli Sauvage but that was a while ago, and it escapes me why I didn't care for it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Neroli Savage is the class of the one's you mentioned, although they're all great!

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I like all three but my pick would be AdP Colonia. If it should be something new I would suggest to try SIGNORICCI by Nina Ricci (2005 version, the new bottle with the black cap, easily to find on ebay). IMO its on par with the above mentioned. Very beautifull citrus opening followed by herbal middle notes and a soft woody base. Together with the De Nicolai Colognes and Eaux Fraiches it will be my citrus choice this summer...... I forgot: Terre isnt bad either.....
    Last edited by costello; 24th April 2007 at 07:24 PM.
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

I would go with Citron Citron IMHO. I am also a fan of Citrus Bigarrade.

Acqua di Parma......Gio by Armani.....Aqua Motu by CSP......My Choices......Gary

AdP Colonia Assoluta (I prefer it for longevity purposes but it appears I'm in the minority)
    Terre d'Hermes
    Armani PH

I love Eau Sauvage, but I prefer these. I'm very interest in the Fresh Leather version of ES which Mister K mentioned. Sounds intriguing...
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

It sounds like you've got your hands full with all those great ideas! I'm interested in trying Acqua Di Parma myself!

If you're a real connoisseur of Eau Sauvage, this may not work, but I recently got Capucci PH, and to me, it has a definite Eau Sauvage vibe about it, and it's very reasonably priced!

Cheers, Dave

Indeed, these are some excellent suggestions; some that I have thought of and others that are totally new. Thank you very much, all of you. I can always count on Basenotes brothers to give some great advice. I really have learned a lot from all of you, and am quite thankful for it. Cheers.

Cognoscento, if you haven't tried Acqua di Parma you really must. It is one of those that is instantly recognizable, but not in the worn out way, and even if you have never smelled it before. More like in the, "Yes...this fragrance had to have existed" kind of way. (If that makes any sense.)

Just putting in my two cents here - out of the three mentioned by you, my vote is for Acqua di Parma Colonia. If you are considering Terre d'Hermes, I feel it is great and more versatile than AdP.

Out of the three mentioned, I'd agree with Globetrekker and say Acqua di Parma Colonia should not be missed. But I'm equally a fan of Eau Sauvage. I'm sure both will please. Neroli Sauvage is nice sometimes, but sometimes it's dull. I don't know what it is with that scent, but it is just fickle on me. Changed every time I wore it. Liked it when I liked it, but couldn't stand it when I didn't like it. People around me sure said it smelled nice though. I traded it away.

AdP and Eau Sauvage. I'd say hit those. (Costello is right about the great Signoricci too.)
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Thumbs up Re: Eau Sauvage, Acqua di Parma, or Neroli Sauvage?

Trumper's GFT is wonderful, bright and longlasting citrus scent, please do try it! Santa Maria Novella has some of the best fragrances of this category; their ancient eponymous scent is fabulous, so are the new ones, Acqua di Sicilia and Eva.

You should go and buy that AdP and also explore some of these suggestions, one citrus for whole summer doesn't seem like a good idea .

Talking Re: Eau Sauvage, Acqua di Parma, or Neroli Sauvage?

The new CHANEL ALLURE HOMME SPORT COLOGNE...it is fresher and more citrus.
    Just sniff this new scent from CHANEL...in my opinion...it has nothing to do with Allure Sport (original) one...maybe a bit :-) There´s only one size (150ml)!!!

I use Acqua Di Parma collonia assoluta which is very good for summer but i also recommend you give Terre d` Hermes a try.Eau Sauvage while it is a great scent on me it is very short lived.Another favourite of mine is the Armani Eau pour homme.The Neroli Sauvage was great when i tested it but after about 1-1/2 hours it was gone.

I want to add a couple to my list.....Along with A D Parma.....Gio.....and Aqua Motu.....Polo Blue for Men......Polo Sport for Men.....Mugler's Cologne.....Polo Black and Bvlgari Blv for Men and Women......Gary

I'll add to the other suggestions Salvador Dali's Aqua Verde and Creed's Orange Spice.

I recently compared the three you originally mentioned, Acqua di Parma, Eau Sauvage, and Neroli Sauvage. My favorite of the three was the Acqua di Parma I just purchased a bottle and am very happy with it.

I also like the AdP better than the TdH...

I really like many of the scents mentioned in this thread. You might want to test Frank of Los Angeles (No. 1). While it's a blend of many notes it has a classy underpowering citrus element to it for me. You'll be the first one your block to wear it. It's pretty long lasting too.

Of your original three names Neroli S gets my vote. Good luck and best regards,

Mike

I think that out of the three that I mentioned originally, AdP is the clear winner, solely on the basis of longevity. I have been wearing Eau Sauvage all week, and while I do love it, it pulls a bit of a disappearing act in a few hours. I have yet to try Neroli Sauvage, but it seems that the longevity is rather short on this as well.

It would appear cut and dry from here, but there were a number of scents (Signoricci, Frank of Los Angeles, Terre, etc.) that merit a good test drive. We'll see what happens.

I have found all of comments and suggestions very beneficial; I hope that others have benefitted as well.

Thanks again.

eau savage is a classic also Ade Parma new? try Hermes Vetiver or Bond Wall St