Code of Conduct

Default Better than swiss army?

Swiss Army is definitely not the most exclusive or outstanding cologne, but I still haven't found an alternative that accomplishes the same thing as well as swiss army does. It's fresh, soft, sweet and longlasting. Looking for a better all purpose frag I've tried

Geir - Just not right on my skin, it didn't suit me.
    Green Irish Tweed - Would be completely perfect if it just lasted longer.
    Mugler Cologne - I found clean but not inviting. Great in the morning though.
    Live Jazz - Good but not it..

I would just use swiss army but it's so widely used where I live and everyone knows it by name. I love the smell though and im looking for a variation on the theme. Any suggestions?

Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Default Re: Better than swiss army?

I've been recommending Davidoff Echo to people a lot lately. Its not really like Swiss Army, but for me, that's a good thing. Swiss Army went extremely sour on my skin. Long lasting too.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

keeping within the lower end of the market, how about Claiborne Spot?

*Guerlain Vetiver
    *Acqua di Gio.........
    *Eternity Summer
    *Gendarme 20
    *Claiborne Sport.......same price range but better than Swiss Army IMO
    *212 Men

Sounds like you like swiss army,I do too.
    fresh soft sweet longlasting,awesome stuff

I like Swiss Army, too, and I get compliments on it. How about Chrome? It has good longevity and I kind of like that metalic note.

I have both SA and Cool Water. I wear SA a fair bit now, and get more compliments with it, but I think Cool Water is a better frag. then SA.

If I wore Cool Water more (I only have 5ml bottle so I like to save it) im sure I would get more compliments with it then with my SA

Try Gai Matiiolo Uomo, sweet, fresh, powdery, similar to Swiss Army. Might want to try a small bottle of Armani Mania or Tobacco Flower by Fresh.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Blog Entries

Try Lacoste Red (or Style in Play, whatever it's called). And I second the Chrome and Eternity Summer reccomendations, too.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

thanks for the suggestions i'm gonna have to do some testing!

Get this, I just finished a bottle of Gai Mattiolo Uomo which I liked very much. I have a small bottle 1.7oz of Swiss Army and about half empty. So I decided what the hey, might as well finish it up. Wore it for a week and got tons of compliments! One was from a cute 16 years old girl she told me she loved the way I smelled. This cheap perfume gets more compliments than my SMW, GIT, and Angel Man. Go figure!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu
    This cheap perfume gets more compliments than my SMW, GIT, and Angel Man. Go figure!
    Sometimes less is more, my friend! I also intend to buy it, I'm still affraid, but I'll risk... Maybe a 50ml bottle to start!

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus

I like Swiss Army, too, and I get compliments on it. *How about Chrome? *It has good longevity and I kind of like that metalic note.
    I agree!

It's my second week of wearing swiss army. After wearing it all day and resprayed it through out the day. I did spray on my arms. When I went home at night, I smelled my arms, and guess what it reminded me of? A lighter G.I.T! The smell reminds me so much of G.I.T, albeit lighter! This is after I wore it all day! After a little sweat, a/c, and sweat.

It really is good stuff! For twenty bucks i dont think you can beat it. I sort of wish it still cost sixty though cause then everyone i know probably wouldnt have a bottle.

Swiss Army is da bomb.

Wow this is an old thread, I haven't worn swiss army in a long time. Since it's popped back up I might as well say that L'Occitane's L'Occitan is what I finally found to replace Swiss Army as a sweet, fresh lavender. Picking up a bottle soon.

I would take a look at Infusion by Bombay Sapphire.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123128.html

Don't look for it in stores or any place except on Ebay. I get relatively good longevity, it is unique, fresh and smells really good. You don't need to get a bottle to know how it smells. Just order a gin martini made with Bombay Sapphire gin.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

I was interested in trying that scent, but was hesitant because of it being from an alcohol company. Our scent likes greatly resemble each other, Bill, so I'll have to check it out.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review