Code of Conduct

Default l'Air du Temps, Nina Ricci

Dear Ladies,

posted this on the male-list 2, but, in your opinions, can a man go with this frag ?
    Sampled this today and liked it..

Regards,
    Renzo

Default Re: l'Air du Temps, Nina Ricci

I think men who wear fragrances like these are sexy as hell...of course you can wear it!

I'm not one who says "Oh, a man can wear anything!" but I think a man can wear most carnations and most roses easily. L'Air would be very nice, especially with a crisp white shirt and a manicured hand. Very metro.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I don't think one should restrict the wearing of fragrance by gender. If you like it, then why not? I think it's a gorgeous frag, and one I used to wear years ago (ran out and never replaced it, which is bonkers now I think about it). Go for it, why not?
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Yes! L´Air du Temps to me is very fresh and spicy, with a great sillage. Personally I can´t wear it, but I appreciate it on others, and I really believe it would be great on a man!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

why not..i am a straight guy and recently got three vintage bottles of 50 ml each...dont know about the new version but old is amazing...it may be too sweet for some guys though...at times i may wear it as a stand alone fragrance but at other times i may layer it with something else , something too bitter like live jazz which i dont like as a standalone fragrance

Fazilicious - that's a great purchase. Don't bother with the new version of L'Air - it's a pale shadow of the original, barely recognisable. After trying the vintage I expect you will find the new unwearable (I know I do).

thanks devilcat. I believe you and will never even touch the latest version! my first vintage purchase was a blind buy and loved it so much that bought two more, keeping in mind the fact that the new version is being criticized for being a distant shadow of the original

Yes, go for it. And I agree with devilcat, the new stuff is not very good, but the vintage? Great catch!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Quote Originally Posted by fazilicious View Post
    why not..i am a straight guy and recently got three vintage bottles of 50 ml each...dont know about the new version but old is amazing...it may be too sweet for some guys though...at times i may wear it as a stand alone fragrance but at other times i may layer it with something else , something too bitter like live jazz which i dont like as a standalone fragrance
    Can you offer some advice about where to purchase vintage LDT? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hanacat52 View Post
    Can you offer some advice about where to purchase vintage LDT? Thanks.
    check ebay

Hi hanacat. I picked up my two bottles of vintage L'Air edt from ebay - one used, one new. Some sellers list the bottles as vintage, but it's a bit hit and miss.Thankfully both my bottles were the genuine stuff. I always look for the packaging with the 'white ladies' on the front, not the doves. That's the packaging that I remember held the juice back in the 80s. Don't know how it was packaged before then, or since. Good luck with the hunt.

Renzo,

It's a beautiful fragrance and I think it would smell wonderful on anybody. Enjoy!

regards

Sea Roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

I asked this Q in the bottle-collecting forum, but I thought I'd post it here, too. Does anyone know if vintage LDT parfum in the single-dove Lalique presentation has "Lalique" etched on the bottom of the bottle? Thanks.

I have the '80s vintage, and it's airy, spicy, and not terribly sweet. I think it smells fairly femme myself -- it's got a light prettiness -- but a man who enjoyed it could rock it. Why not?
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!