Code of Conduct

Default Award Winning Euphoria Men

I have smelled this fragrance and I was like.. when I saw that it had placed high in the Basenotes awards. After seeing that it won The Perfume Shop 'People's Choice' Award for Men in the FIFI Awards..my expression was... ...LOL.

I just don't get...it just does not rank as any fragrance IMO to win anything. Maybe it is just me..I mean I think the Calvin Fragrances for summer are fun...but this...sorry.....

What are your takes on this fragrance?

Peace,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 25th April 2007 at 07:33 PM.

Default Re: Award Winning Euphoria Men

My review of Euphoria:

After reading all these reviews I couldn't believe that a fragrance could really be THAT bland. Well, it is. One of the things that makes a fragrance great (or at least good) is its ability to make you think. When I finally had the chance to put this on, I put everything I'd heard about it out of my head and prepared to appreciate it for what it is. And I thought nothing. There it was...a fragrance. On your wrist. A benign smell. Not really citrus, not woody, not ambery, not barbershop. Impossible to hate, impossible to love. And saddest of all, I think that was CK's goal.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Blog Entries

I like it a lot, actually. To me, it seems to have a lot in common with Eternity Summer only with a creamier base. Although I like it, it's not a must-have for me. I'm content with asking Sephora SA's to make me a couple samples of this with a purchase .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Basenotes Institution

I kind of hated Euphoria when I tried it...

Haven't tried it, but odds are it sucks. Klein colognes range from awful (as in awfully boring) to mediocre. None of them have been really great or "out there" on the leading edge. The fact that Klien's objective is to always play it safe makes me completely disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I like it a lot, actually. To me, it seems to have a lot in common with Eternity Summer only with a creamier base. Although I like it, it's not a must-have for me. I'm content with asking Sephora SA's to make me a couple samples of this with a purchase .
    i like a lot too, i dont see big problems about it, a simply nice fruity/ green-semi spicy ... comfotable and easy to wear....

but sure,. women version is much better...

Yeah, I think the whole Calvin Klein name carries a lot of cachet. As long as it smells half good, people will buy it. That said, this fragrance isn't too bad, but it's also pretty forgettable compared to the women's version. Instead, they took the new Guess Man, and made it a bit more spicy. I'll admit I like the Guess... so I guess I like Euphoria too, but not enough to buy a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoffee View Post
    Haven't tried it, but odds are it sucks.

Gotta love a review like this. Odds are it sucks... now you cant just walk into any 7-eleven and get advice like this!
    Last edited by Words; 26th April 2007 at 07:46 AM.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Talking Re: Award Winning Euphoria Men

Euphoria Men is sooo boring...i wouldn´t pay this much for this scent!!!!
    Terre ´d Hermés beat everything this year (Basenotes, FIFI England, Duftstars and so on!!!)

Blog Entries

None of them have been really great or "out there" on the leading edge.
    With the exception of CK one, of course. Back in its day, it was pretty much "out there" & started a huge craze for unisex frags.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Haven't tried it, but odds are it sucks. Klein colognes range from awful (as in awfully boring) to mediocre. None of them have been really great or "out there" on the leading edge. The fact that Klien's objective is to always play it safe makes me completely disinterested.

Yes, they have made nothing but boring for a while, but I think it was their early creative scents that make people wonder if they will ever make an interesting one again.

Obsession, Eternity, Ck One, and Be were all very intriguing scents at one time.
    Last edited by snakesandladders; 26th April 2007 at 04:36 PM.

Stuffman: not to mention Guess Man lasts a hell of a lot longer. But to be honest, I can dig Euphoria. Just nothing I would buy.

This fragrance is nothing to me at all....I don't understand how this could win anything in any category......Gary