Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allure Chanel (1999 Oriental-Woody)

3 2.61%
  • Antaeus Chanel (1981 Woody-Chypre)

17 14.78%
  • Egoiste Chanel (1990 Woody-Spicy)

8 6.96%
  • Pour Monsieur Chanel (1955 Citrus-Aromatic)

3 2.61%
  • Dior homme (2005 Woody-Floral musk)

17 14.78%
  • Envy Gucci (1998 Oriental-Woody)

17 14.78%
  • Gucci PourHomme (2003 Woody-Spicy)

5 4.35%
  • Musk Ravageur Frederic Malle (2000 Oriental-Vanilla)

17 14.78%
  • Heritage Guerlain (1992 Woody-Spicy)

8 6.96%
  • M7 YSL (2002 Oriental-Woody)

15 13.04%
  • Opium YSL (1995 Oriental-Spicy)

5 4.35%

Exclamation Vote for Best Evening Scent

Excuse me that i did not list all possible evening scents, cause i want to choose 3 of the list and now need your help.

If yours is not listed, which would you prefere ?

My choices before this poll were: M7, Antaeus & Allure.
    Last edited by sanatik; 25th April 2007 at 09:20 PM.

Default Re: Vote for Best Evening Scent

Don't see any listed. Put me down for Creed MI anyway...

Mike

I don't see a list either.

Gucci Envy. If confidence had a smell this is what it would smell like.
    Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar. love the base

Voted For Envy, but you may want to put up Tsar as i may have voted for it if i could
    Last edited by jdev; 25th April 2007 at 09:19 PM.

Blog Entries

I didn't see a list either, but I'd go for Bvlgari Black & Lolita Lempicka au masculin

Edit: The list just appeared for me. I voted for M7.

Edited again: Dang! I didn't see Musc Ravageur the first time I saw the list. I would've voted for that.
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 25th April 2007 at 10:10 PM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

My vote was for Envy, but I also really enjoy Egoiste.

One that I wear often, but wasn't listed is Zino Davidoff. That would have gotten my vote.

having tried everthing but antaeus on that list (I gotta get on that...) I would say that was a terribly hard choice to make. I gave it to M7 with Heritage on its tail.

M7...
    hands down

Musc Ravaguer for sure of those listed.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Off-Scenter

From the list: Musc Ravageur.

Other suggestions: Santal Noble, Idole de Lubin, Black Oud, Noir Epices.

Definitely Musc Ravageur from the list.

My personal "evening" frag faves though are Creed BdP and Aramis Havana.

I'm going for Dior Homme. After a long love affair with Chanel, the damned aldehydes are starting get on my nerves.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Musc Ravageur conquers all.
    -

I chose Envy because I think it works well for the evening. The others are amazing, but they are not my choice for the time of day you are looking for. Musc Ravageur is winning the races but I don't see it as such an evening fragrance. That is my opinion.

Cool Re: Vote for Best Evening Scent

I chose Antaeus.

I'm in the minority re Musc Ravageur, which I consider a great fragrance ---on women.
    It's (with special apologies to Joe Bob Briggs) about a minus 4 on the machometer.

Nice to know, reading the reviews that I'm not entirely alone re the ambery cloyness of MR.

With respects,

The Loyal Opposition,

Mario.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I'm going with Dior Homme. Love it!

My vote was for Antaeus.

This was a tough choice for me. I had this poll in the back of my mind for the past 4 hours haha. I really like Envy and M7, and Dior Homme is probably my favorite perfume ever, but I can wear these for daywear as well. Egoiste actually seems out of place during the day; it seems made for evening wear. It is fancy, elegant, and very classy. It is so time specific I don't reach for it as much as I want to. For all these reasons, I think Egoiste is the definitive "Best Evening Scent" of my wardrobe and that list (in my opinion).

My vote goes to Antaeus.

Puuuuuuuuh, nobody votes for opium, why did i take this to my list :--)

& Pour Monsieur - I thought this is an masterpiece but nobody want to use it, hmm, Is it not an evening frag or to old fashioned ?

Musk Ravageur is an Unisex scent, Is it ok to test it with the opposite Antaeus or ?

Talking Re: Vote for Best Evening Scent

is not listed...i would choose Creed Bois du Portugal
    --------------------------------------
    Chanel Egoiste is my choice...the girls going crazy :-)
    Last edited by P-Natra; 26th April 2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Almost all the Malles are officiallly Unisex. And according to my personal machometer it's totally femme in one hour and completely masculine in the other. I save myself the stress of dual personality by not wearing it at all. But I admire this fragrance no end! By the way, I think it kills almost any ladies' perfume in your neighborhood. Think twice before you wear it for a dinner or to the theater.

I voted for Heritage. It's so well behaved, and I miss the Bois Du Portugal option as much as Ziffy did. M7 was close, too!
    Last edited by narcus; 26th April 2007 at 09:03 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

So I decided to be the first to vote for Opium. It's so special, spicy, warm.

Yet, polls are getting tough. aren't we here because there is no single best cologne that we can live with?

i want to buy terre d´hermes after work at douglas and will test there someother especially ask for frederic mall musk & vetiver extraordinaire.

Is Dior homme suitable for daytime too ? Did read also that it is better to use indoors too ?

14 Antaeus Chanel
    13 Musk Ravageur Frederic Malle
    9 Dior homme
    7 M7 YSL
    7 Envy Gucci
    5 Heritage Guerlain
    5 Egoiste Chanel
    3 Allure Chanel
    2 Gucci PourHomme
    1 Opium YSL
    0 Pour Monsieur Chanel
    Last edited by sanatik; 26th April 2007 at 02:13 PM.

I went for Opium PH just because I can't think of this as a daytime scent, whereas Heritage fits that bill comfortably.As do many of those other scents.

I'm very alarmed to see that I'm in a tiny minority however.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    is not listed...i would choose Creed Bois du Portugal
    --------------------------------------
    Chanel Egoiste is my choice...the girls going crazy :-)
    I voted for Antaeus from this list, but would prefer Bois du Portugal, a fragrance that I find at least equal to the Chanel in complexity, but not quite as dark.

I would also vote for Musk Ravageur

My handicap is that I have not sniffed (at least knowingly) a good number of these scents.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I voted for Antaeus but if I'd have to chose three among the listed I'd go with MR and Envy too.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Almost all the Malles are officiallly Unisex. And according to my personal machometer it's totally femme in one hour and completely masculine in the other. I save myself the stress of dual personality by not wearing it at all. But I admire this fragrance no end! By the way, I think it kills almost any ladies' perfume in your neighborhood. Think twice before you wear it for a dinner or to the theater.
    Dear Narcus, I guess it really depends on your chem cuz on me MR though unisex, is more on the masculine side, mellowing down to a velvetys smooth musk with a spiced tonka powdery twist: sumptuous but not at all violent, well suited for an elegant dinner or to the theatre. It even passed the test of wearing it on the dancefloor and on me it fitted flawlessly.

Did read that YSL M7 and Antaeus are too equal ?

& again: Is Dior homme suitable for daytime too ? Did read also that it is better to use indoors too ?
    Last edited by sanatik; 26th April 2007 at 02:53 PM.

From the list..I went with Envy Gucci....

Peace,

Otto

Musc Ravageur from the list.
    For me is Penhaligons Hammam Bouquet.

I'd probably wear BdP but voted for M7. If it was up to my wife I think she would say Romeo Gigli.

Antaeus I tend to wear during the day otherwise I'd vote for that.
    Last edited by MisterK; 26th April 2007 at 04:54 PM.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

From your list I voted Dior Homme, but in my opinion the right choice is Zino Davidoff.

Now i did buy terre and could test with card antaeus( woooow i think it´s a little bit like m7 too ), D&G PH ( too sweet ), Kiton Men ( = Fahrenheit ) & without card 1 Spray Dior Homme ( i am waiting now 2 hours and cannot smell much, hmmm )& rive gauche ( nice but cannot smell much, too ).
    Last edited by sanatik; 26th April 2007 at 06:16 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I voted for Antaeus, of course; but I was very tempted to go for Chanel pour Monsieur. Of the ones on your list, I love them all. The only one I've never smelled is Musc Ravageur. I must get around to sniffing some of that before too long.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Because I've never sniffed Anteus (or many of the others on the list) I'm choosing the spicy Envy for a cooler night's activities.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I voted for Antaeus but I would wear Envy every other night.

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    Puuuuuuuuh, nobody votes for opium, why did i take this to my list :--)

& Pour Monsieur - I thought this is an masterpiece but nobody want to use it, hmm, Is it not an evening frag or to old fashioned ?

Musk Ravageur is an Unisex scent, Is it ok to test it with the opposite Antaeus or ?
    I like Opium, but I see it as too sweet and much too strong to be a classy evening scent. Maybe if you applied veeeeeeeery lightly. Otherwise, more of a loud clubbing scent IMO.

Chanel PM: as I said in my explanation of my Dior Homme vote, I find Chanels too aldehydic...or aldehydy...whatever ...and Pour Monsieur is THE prime example of this problem. Nice powdery/spicy drydown though.

Musc Ravageur and Antaeus were actually a close second and third to Dior Homme for me though. Both are very nice. Antaeus is the only Chanel with an opening that doesn't drive me nuts with aldehydes.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

17 Antaeus Chanel ( did test it yesterday, yes a strong scent & i like it, will buy )
    17 Musk Ravageur Frederic Malle( could not smell this yesterday at douglas. )
    14 Dior homme ( smell this but couldn´t recognize sillage, will try again )
    12 Envy Gucci
    11 M7 YSL = Antaeus, so better get Antaeus & Envy ?
    8 Egoiste Chanel
    7 Heritage Guerlain
    5 Gucci PourHomme
    4 Opium YSL
    3 Allure Chanel
    3 Pour Monsieur Chanel