Code of Conduct

Default Christian Dior Polos for men

Does Christian Dior make Polos for men?

I came across two Christian Dior Polos today at a local store. The tag had the name "Christian Dior" in black on a white background. The logo "Dior" was also sewn on the clothing. I had to wonder if they were real because of the unbelievably low price tag.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're fake because the same store sells fake Ralph Lauren Polos with original (or very close to) tags. The out of shape Pony logo gave it away, as well as the price.
    Last edited by Shiver; 25th April 2007 at 11:00 PM.

Default Re: Christian Dior Polos for men

When Hedi Slimane took over the fashion house of Christian Dior roughly around 2001, the label on the clothes took on a new name of "Dior Homme". Thought it didn't take a direct affect when he took over....I think it started around 2003.

Before Hedi..I forgot who the designer was...some short fat bold guy...but anyways, the polo was probably produced pre 2001 before Hedi took over....because he changed the label name to "Dior Homme" instead. All the clothes produced under Hedi Slimane's era at Dior has a "Dior Homme" tag instead of a "Christian Dior" tag.

Dior Homme has polo's...they usually either have a Napoleon bee or a eagle type logo....not too sure about the Christian Dior polo's, but they should have a CD logo.

I wouldn't be surprised with the low price tag......they're fairly old...so they should be marked down...nothing is produced under the Christian Dior logo anymore since Hedi took over..it's all "Dior Homme" instead.

As for the CD polo's...hard to tell if it's real...you'll have to post pics...compare tags from real ones...honestly really tough.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 26th April 2007 at 06:54 AM.

Nima is totally right: they must be old or even fakes since starting from some years ago Dior relaunched the men's line under Dior Homme. I remember to have seen polos in their shop, but with the bee embroidery.
    My only question is, would you really pay a huge amount of money on a polo looking the same as a good cotton quality polo but not of any particular brand at 10 times it's price just because of the bee embroidery? Me nope.
    Different question is about particular clothes with a twist on them.

I should mention that after converting the currency, the price of the clothing is ~ US $20. This price alone says alot.

Sorry I don't have pics, but I'm almost convinced that it's fake as the logo and tag looks nothing compared to this original taken off eBay. The rectangular tag on the one I saw had just the name "Christian Dior" in black on an off-white background - very convincing, imo.

If you could link pics of the "Bee" or "Eagle" logo, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Shiver; 26th April 2007 at 03:53 PM.

I'd say it's a fake because of the $20 price tag.

The one time on the 'clearance' rack at Neiman Marcus, there was an older black sleeveless Dolce & Gabbana t-shirt marked down to $180 from $475.
    --------------------------------------
    the DIOR HOMME BEE

Last edited by 1280adam; 26th April 2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't have any pics of the Bee logo...but you can go to eluxury.com and check out the clothes there and zoom into the logo to take a look. Eluxury is an authorized seller for Dior Homme..all authentic there.

I wouldn't compare with items on Ebay...I think it's a statistic that 90%+ of designer stuff on Ebay is fake as well...so I wouldn't trust that either.

Honestly..it's really hard to tell if you're CD polo is fake or not, but just to let you know...I wouldn't be surprised if it cost 20 bucks....it's was probably produced pre 2001...maybe even in 1999 or 1998....meaning it's at least a decade old....it was probably old stock that they're just trying to get rid of...and they're selling it cheap. Brand new Dior polo's retail for 250-350 in the current season...then they go on sale so the price drops a little after the season ends....then what do you think one that's a decade old would go for?

Thought, that doesn't mean it's a "real" either..it can just be a really old fake polo. It's really hard to tell...you'll have to find an expert on CD apparel.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 26th April 2007 at 08:14 PM.

before Hedi came along and made Dior Homme what it is today, Chruistian Dior had a fairly lackluster menswear line, with tons of production licensed out to lesser manufacturers. Lots of Duty Free ties and other undistinguished stuff. It always cracks me up when I see some 1980s era polyester Christian Dior pour Monsieur buttondowns on ebay listed as "Dior Homme!!"

Thanks all for the helpful replies. I've came to the conclusion that it's fake as the store isn't known to sell old stocks, especially those that came out 8-9 years ago. The logos does not match either.
    Last edited by Shiver; 27th April 2007 at 01:49 AM.

Façonnable polos are the way to go!
    Last edited by CoTHukoB; 30th April 2007 at 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling, and i DID bother with the accent ...
    blackguard, n.
    3 : an inverted gentleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEOaosGDi0
    ... où flotte l'étendard ...
    ... Ich will die Ruhe stören ...
    ... Stand up and admit it! ...

As for polo shirts i don't think anybody needs to look anywhere outside of Ralph Lauren,Lacoste and Hackett.
    The Italian smart casual wear of Stone Island and C P Company offer very well made jackets ,knitwear and casual tops and quite easy to tell if they are fake because there is a code on the label that gives the year the design came out each company has it's own number and if you go to the UK SITES on E bay the snide copies are going for stupidly low prices and there are just too many of the same style for sale at once and hardly anyone bids on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I'd say it's a fake because of the $20 price tag.

The one time on the 'clearance' rack at Neiman Marcus, there was an older black sleeveless Dolce & Gabbana t-shirt marked down to $180 from $475.
    --------------------------------------
    the DIOR HOMME BEE

Nice.. Is that the latest one of DIOR logos?
    Last edited by cooldude007; 6th December 2007 at 05:25 PM.