Code of Conduct

Thread: Hypnose P.H.

Wink Hypnose P.H.

Hypnose; smelled it yesterday for the first time and I must be under hypnose immediately because all I could smell was the smell of a scent I already own;Body Kouros! Thats what i smelled;sorry if you smell something else; I was in trance probably.

Cool Re: Hypnose P.H.

yes, thats true...a little bit from Black Bvlgari and Nikos by Nikos (the wine red bottle) and not Sculpture :-) I wouldn┤t buy this one...is more for the evening. I will pass this one.

Default Re: Hypnose P.H.

Tried it today... I think it was very, very nice, even though it's not entirely original. I was strongly reminded of Dior Homme, but I always felt DH was lacking something, and Hypnose fills that void. Strangely, I kept having flashbacks of Miss Dior Cherie for some reason (I've only smelled it once a long while back, so I don't remember how it smells all that well). I think it's a pretty quality juice, and far, far better than most of the other stuff at Macy's. I may have to splurge and buy a bottle...

Am sampling it today also... I definitely get an almond/marzipan "Body Kouros" vibe. Its opening is very pleasant. Having given it ample time to develop, I cant get past 'Sniff's' Body Kouros comparison... nice one to sample, but not groundbreaking IMO.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 28th April 2007 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo

It's basically lavender with fresh,spicy topnotes.
    Although I understand the Body Kourous comparison,it didn't make me think of Body Kourous in the first place.
    It's drydown made me think of Rochas Man for a second, but very,very subtle.Nemo topnotes with a slight Rochas Man drydown.
    A Maurice Roucel signature maybe? I like it, but I wish the fresh,spicy start stayed a bit longer on me.
    Not groundbraking but nice. And sometimes I prefer nice to groundbraking.
    Last edited by eric; 28th April 2007 at 02:51 PM.

Tried it today at Macy's - I do agree with the lavender description and the more than passing resemblance to Dior Homme in the topnotes, but I do not sense anything in common with Body Kouros or Bvlgari Black, nothing, zilch, nada. It eventually settles down to a powdery musty musky scent.

Huh. Am I the only one reminded of 'The Dreamer'?

Okay I must be the really crazy one here but I detect Azzaro Onyx.

I think you are all Hypnotized by Hypnose...just a thought...because everyone is coming up with different similarities haha.

I thought it smelt like Aqua Net hairspray or sweet corn tortillas. hah

YSL L'homme, Fahrenheit32, Hypnose..... the same bore of synthetic sparkling
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel