Code of Conduct

Default Odourless(or little scent) Sunscreen Recommendations

While I think people here would agree that Mitchum unscented is a no brainer when it comes to unscented antiperspirants, there doesn't seem to much of a consensus regarding sunblocks as it becomes a necessity during the warmer months.

I am looking for input on the subject of a good body sunscreen with adequete UVA/UVB protection(SPF30 and up preferred), while doesn't have to be totally sheer should not make me look oiled, and most importantly must not have a strong scent and preferably as affordable as reasonably possible.

I can take physical sunblocks as long they don't make me look vampire white-washed. Here in canada I have had purchased Jamieson Vitamin A Retinol Vital Day Moisturizer SPF 20 and liked the texture and its lack of a distinguishable scent, but the unnatural white finish and SPF 20 seem a little low for whole day outdoors. If anyone has ideas on what products I might try next please, your input is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Odourless(or little scent) Sunscreen Recommendations

In Canada, can you get L'Oreal products that contain Mexoryl (you can't in the U.S.)? I use their "SOLAR EXPERTISE specially for kids" 50+ SPF UVA/UVB Barrier Protection Lotion.

No fragrance, no colour. It's a white lotion that goes on as a clear film. It's slightly shiny, slightly sticky, but no more so than other sunblocks, and less than many. This product has not given me a headache (Neutrogen's Persol did) and leaves not a trace of white on my predominantly black clothing Great stuff.

I've also heard good things about Avalon Organics, though I haven't tried their sunblock. I believe they're a U.S. based company, so you should have no trouble getting hold of it.

Both are fairly reasonably priced products.
    Last edited by mysteriousmongoose; 27th April 2007 at 11:39 AM.

I, having hardly any melanin in my skin, have found Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 55 to be incredible. It really has no scent and I can wear it all over everyday in the summer. It is worth every penny if you want to avoid harmful sun rays and it never feels like I have sticky lotion on.

I have Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 55 left from last summer and I find it to have quite a distinguishable lightly creamy herbal musky smell. While it is by no means a strong smell and I have no trouble wearing it solo, it does havoc with many perfumes when worn together.

I've not used L'Oreal and I'll look into this, thanks mysteriousmongoose!

I was in a pharmacy yesterday, and tried the Vichy 50+ sunblock (also contains Mexoryl); it seems to nearly fragrance free.
    Thing is, even the sunblock chemistry alone can do odd things to a fragrance; I seldom apply fragrance anywhere other than the underside/back of my hair, but definitely stick with this approach if I'm wearing sunblock, then the two don't interact physically with one another.