Code of Conduct

Default Creed Green Valley- review

Today I got a bottle of Green Valley blind. I'd read all the reviews, so I was expecting that maybe it wouldn't be one of the better Creeds. I did catch a brief whiff of a Green Valley tester a few weeks ago and found it surprisingly good.

I know what people mean when they say this one is more "synthetic" smelling than some of the other Creeds. At first, it does have a kind of cologney vibe. It reminded me of something, but it wasn't Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit has that big dirty gasoline note, and this one doesn't. Maybe it reminds me of the original Paul Smith Men in the green bottle-- but Green Valley has mint at the top and vanilla at the bottom. You do get a heavy dose of violet leaves though. I should point out at this point that Green Valley seems to be a very hard fragrance to review, because of the amount of violet leaves-- you get anosmic to it fairly quickly (I've read that violet leaf fatigues the nose quickly and the wearer can't smell it soon after-- and this seems to make sense in this case.) So I wouldn't say the longevity is weak. It's just the violet leaf.

There is a certain familiar "signature" to this scent though that just reminds me of something. I was thinking and thinking and thinking. It just hit me. There's something about the first blast of Green Valley that is similar to Polo Sport. But whereas Polo Sport smells very "blue", this one is obviously very "green" smelling.

All the reasons people dislike Green Valley, I can understand completely. It doesn't seem to have that Creed house note and it gets kind of powdery and maybe a slight touch feminine for some. And people say it smells a bit like candy-- I agree. It's like Lifesavers candy-- or maybe this-- Remember Lik'm ade? (The candy that has the edible white candy stick that you dip into the cherry and greape powder and eat). I always liked eating the white candy stick more than the powder. Green Valley's vanillic/candy aspect reminds me of the candy stick. With the mint and just a tiny smidge of something like apple-- I also get a bit of Montblanc's Présence.

Still, as much as I like GIT, it can be a bit "sticky" and "heavy" for some occasions. Green Valley is much brighter and more versatile. I haven't had much chance to test it out yet, but it seems like a good Spring/Summer scent.

I also got a bottle of Ambre Canelle and I'll do a review of it soon. (It's pretty intense stuff!)

Default Re: Creed Green Valley- review

Very useful review, thanks. This is one Creed that seems to have passed me by, but I'm that bit keener to try it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I also got a bottle of Ambre Canelle and I'll do a review of it soon. (It's pretty intense stuff!)
    Oh yea that it is.

I would like to read your comments about that one.
    -

Basenotes Institution

I had a similar experience with Green Irish Tweed.

Bought a generous decant of it. Impressions: Bowling Green - then Sweet Tarts candies - then Cool Water (a very STRONG Cool Water).

I loved Cool Water many years ago, so I was slighly disappointed in GIT.

I gave a friend my decant.

p.s. - Interesting what you said about violets. I didn't know GIT had violets in it...

Is it me, or does Green Valley smell a bit like Fahrenheit by Dior?

I think so too...but I've never tried side by side....I think I'll do that tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Is it me, or does Green Valley smell a bit like Fahrenheit by Dior?

I really liked Green Valley, and wore it for years. It was one of only a very few number of fragrances that I actually bought more than one bottle, and finished them before I got bored, or just moved on. This reminds me of golf, that's why I like it. I might try Detaille's Par Four next, which is somewhat like Green Valley, or I may wait a year or two, then try it.

Joe

I like Green Valley's top notes, but I'm not too fond of the drydown. There's something sharp in it that pierces my nose.