Code of Conduct

Default Tonight's Sniffing

Wandered around tonight sniffing some new releases (new for Australia), many of which I'd smelled before but wanted to re-visit.

Prada Man - I quite like it, in a velvety soap kind of way, I'd smelled it heaps when I was in US last year, didn't buy it, I think I'll work through the little tester I have before I rush out to buy it, but I think it's one of the better new releases

Gucci PH II - stand by my original comment, this is not an accord but a discord, it's all over the place and smells like Butter Menthol lollies, sickly and disgusting

Fahrenheit 32 - nowhere near as bad as GPHII, I confess I do not see any orange blossom in it, just another oriental with a hint of petrol, and a slightly sharper ?lavender? note

Kiton Black - lovely, but nearly exactly the same as the original

Antidote - SA was telling me how groundbreaking and original this is, far superior to any others on the market, he prefers "European" scents like this and Armani AdG, yet did not appear to recognise the names of Lutens and Malle which I dropped, anyway, this is OK but I'm not fussed, the floral note reminds me of SL Cedre

Tea for Two - L'Artisan testers arrive in Brisbane, I'm always in two minds about this one, is it stale ashtray or is it luscious honeyed tea, I think I might get this when I move to Boston, might be nice for winter

Prada Single Notes - a couple were unremarkable, but was very impressed by the Cuir Ambre, reminded me of Tabac Blond a little bit, no-one seems to have mentioned these, quite well priced at $240 for all 4 30mL EDPs
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Tonight's Sniffing

After initially hating it, I wound up really liking Prada Man. Like you said it's velvety smooth. I like the fact that despite its smoothness, I can smell each ingredient in it--but it's all blended so well that nothing sharp sticks out. It kind of reminds me of dog shampoo, or a freshly groomed dog or something-- that and candy cigarettes-- but I love wearing it. I had a gift card and bought the big bottle with the fancy sprayer. The only problem is, with the crazy sprayer-- you have to use two hands to apply it, which feels a little girly.

Really a well made scent.

Basenotes Institution

I really tried to 'get' Prada Man' but I couldn't after trying two separate occasions.

Antidote I really love - kept sniffing my hand the whole day I tested it. Definitely on my want list.

I agree about noone mentioning the Prada single notes here on BN - would love to hear more about them, the concept intrigues me.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 27th April 2007 at 08:54 PM.

Gotta say it; Gucci PH II intrigues me; I'd like to try it a little more before I make a definitive analysis, tho.

I am an official fan of Gucci PH II. To each his own, but I can't quite figure out what discord there is to GPH II. I believe the blend is harmonious and heavenly.

I am fascinated by Kiton though, I wish I had some to test out.
    De gustibus non est disputandum