Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Red face Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

My special guy likes on me L de Lolita Lempicka, Spring Flower and Fleur d'Oranger. but for the most part, whatever I wear is fine by him...

Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    ..... The search never ends !!!
    Which one???
    Last edited by Ayala; 30th April 2007 at 05:59 AM.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Default Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

My husband aged 47 loves fragrance as much as I. We also have very similar taste.

He Loves,

Anything with Patchouli in, Angel, Voleur de Roses, Prada, Coromondel, XS Extreme for Girl, all of CDG Incense Series, Costume National.

He Hates, anything overly floral
    Anais Anais, Vera Wang, Mitsouko, Poison, Paris.

Default Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

Loved: Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Hated: Joseph Abboud (I wear it when she's out of town)

My wife hates them all. I keep thinking "she'll like this one" just to be disappointed yet again.

My girlfriend likes:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Silver Moutain Water
    Creed MI
    Armani (Black) Code

She hates

JPG Le Male

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala View Post
    My special guy likes on me L de Lolita Lempicka, Spring Flower and Fleur d'Oranger. but for the most part, whatever I wear is fine by him...
    I'd love to know what you've created expressly for him, or at least with him in mind, Ayala. Just imagine the pleasure of being a woman's fragrance muse.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

My wife has 4 categories:

likes it on me, doesn't irritate her (very rare): e.g. Adolfo Dominguez, Agua de Sandalo
    likes it on me, but it irritates her (infrequent): e.g. Monsieur Balmain
    doesn't like it on me, doesn't irritate her: ?
    doesn't like it on me & irritates (95% of my frags): e.g. Dunhill for men ("what's this godawful crap?")
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

This is an interesting twist on an old theme...

On my husband, I love:

-Creed Tabarome
    -Armani Code
    -Azzaro Pure Lavender
    -Hanae Mori for Men

His fave is Kenneth Cole Signature.

On me, he loves:

-Kenzo Flower
    -Kenzo Flower Le Parfum (red)
    -L'Instant de Guerlain
    -Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
    -Guerlain With Love
    -Henri Bendel Orange Blossom

My fave is Pamplelune, at this moment. Interestingly, I love Mitsouko, and he's not crazy about it. Also, I love Hypnotic Poison and it makes his skin crawl.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay
    Currently wearing: FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

Smile Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

Well. I don't have a girlfriend or wife. So one co-worker likes on me- Santos by Cartier. I couldn't tell you what she hates.

My boyfriend especially loves the Christopher Brosius perfumes (CB I Hate Perfume), most especially Russian Caravan Tea, though also Pipe Tobacco Accord and Forest Floor Accord. His comment is that they make me smell more like myself. About other perfumes, he says they smell like perfume.

Strangely, he didn't like Escentric 01 on me, but LOVED it when I dabbed it on our very masculine male friend (and my boyfriend is hetero!).

My girlfriend tends to like fragrances I pick and she adopts her favorites for herself. Her favorites now are: Creed Erolfa, Avignon, Kyoto, Borneo 1834, and Chene.

Two that she likes for herself (and I like on her) that I don't wear are Passage d' Enfer and Creed Royal Water.

The only fragrances she really dislikes are any which I over apply - Black Aoud and Aoud Lime both get too strong very fast so I need to apply lightly, then its better.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I'd love to know what you've created expressly for him, or at least with him in mind, Ayala. Just imagine the pleasure of being a woman's fragrance muse.
    --Chris
    Thanks for your curiousity Chris!
    l'Herbe Rouge is his signature fragrance, even though I created it before I met him. He just fell head over heels with it as soon as he smelled it (around the same time he fell for me too...). I was very happy because it was my favourite masculine scent and it smells just perfect on him. It seemed to have meant a lot at the time... I wanted to make him a signature scent made only for him but he was just so happy with this one, and refused to cooperate

I am now working on a new fragrance that is primarily inspired by him, and is an immortelle scent (he steals my L de Lolita Lempicka all the time so now I associate him with vanilla and helycrisum too!).

And Film Noir wouldn't have been born if it wasn't for him being an avid collector or films, including of that genre....
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala View Post
    Thanks for your curiousity Chris!
    l'Herbe Rouge is his signature fragrance, even though I created it before I met him. He just fell head over heels with it as soon as he smelled it (around the same time he fell for me too...). I was very happy because it was my favourite masculine scent and it smells just perfect on him. It seemed to have meant a lot at the time... I wanted to make him a signature scent made only for him but he was just so happy with this one, and refused to cooperate

I am now working on a new fragrance that is primarily inspired by him, and is an immortelle scent (he steals my L de Lolita Lempicka all the time so now I associate him with vanilla and helycrisum too!).

And Film Noir wouldn't have been born if it wasn't for him being an avid collector or films, including of that genre....
    Great stories and a great explanation, Ayala. It's really neat to see how our tastes develop because of the likes of those around us too--use of imortell, for example. Now it seems to you to be something a man should have, say. Really neat, and like I said, how wonderful it would be to be a woman's fragrance muse.

Thanks very much for the thoughtful and kind answer.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

She loves:
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Polo Double Black
    Armani Code
    Aqua Di Gio
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts

Hates:
    Polo Romance Silver
    Polo
    Fleur Du Male
    Creed GIT
    Creed SMW

She likes my scents but she hates me.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Loves:Terre d`hermes
    Armani Eau pour Homme
    Platinum Egoiste
    GIT
    Kiton Men

Hates:
    Black Aoud
    C & S No.88.
    Currently wearing: The Dreamer by Versace

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    She likes my scents but she hates me.

TNMA
    HAHAH... awesome

First date with the ex: wore Dior Homme - she didn't like it.
    Second date with the ex: she bought me Armani Mania - she liked it...

She also liked cK be, Bulgari pour Homme, Eau de The blanc. She hated M7... anything YSL/Gucci, really. I think she just liked the closer, softer, not necessarily fresh fragrances.

Still though, at least I got a 2nd date and 10 months out of her. Has made me hesitate from wearing Dior Homme to impress - enjoy wearing it for myself though. Wish I had it with me here at uni.

Actually, the Mrs. liked Herrera for Men - very much actually. Maybe I should spring for a bottle again.

She has bought for me:
    Touch (Fred Hayman)
    Paris Hilton for Men
    You'll note that they are not in my wardrobe. Or in my house.

Surprisingly she is always noticing Mechant Loup the most out of everything I wear! She's absolutely in love with it.

Haha, I just asked her and she couldn't name one for me. She said I have 123082 names she doesn't know. I'm sticking with my first choice because she does really notice it the most.

Talking Re: which fragrances are loved most/hated most by your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend

he seems to like everything I wear, has never made a negative comment about any of my frags (well, maybe that one time when I nearly asphyxiated both of us by spraying with too much enthusiasm and that was more of a comment on my application!)
    sometimes I think he just likes sniffing me

he has made especially nice comments about
    chanel no 19
    kingdom
    bandit
    himalaya
    ambre sultan
    jasmin impeatrice eugenie

my kids like Love's True Bluish Light, Himalaya and Aimez Moi
    Last edited by rtamara41; 5th June 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

My wife strongly dislikes Tiffany for Men and Blenheim's Bouquet.
    She doesn't mind the smell of Versace Black Jeans, but starts sneezing uncontrollably when I wear it around her.
    Renato

I'm pretty new at this whole frag thing, but so far the only thing my wife likes is Polo Blue. =0(

I will make it as brief as possible since i have a ton of frags:

She loves: Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford period. She says it smells like honey. She likes a men and a men pure malt.

She hates: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford and rel by Creed.

Shes 21:

Loves:
    Armani code
    Creed Original Vetiver
    Green Irish Tweed
    YSL L'homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    The dry down of Le Male

Lots of inbetweens
    but she hates:

The top notes of Le male
    212 men
    john varvatos
    Platinum Egoiste (wish she would like this)

There is nothing I own that my wife hates, however, she would prefer that I wear Kouros when she is out of town. I couldn't really say which one she loves/likes the most.

For such popular fragrances I'm surprised that Terre d'Hermes and Le Male are getting a bit of a shoeing. Interesting.

My wife is 34:
    She loves-
    Terre D'Hermes Parfum
    A Taste of Heaven By Kilian
    Byredo Fantastic Man
    Prada Amber PH
    Prada Infusion d'homme

She hates-
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (my top 3)

Blog Entries

-My girlfriend LOVES Fierce in general; Vurt Green reminds her of me, however A*Men is (FINALLY!) starting to replace that as the "association scent"; Rochas Man ive found to be a powerful weapon if used appropriately (movie, romantic dinner...the other person has to end up close to you for it to take full effect). She also likes Fahrenheit a lot.
    -she hates Dirt English. Le Male has been complimented if i point it out but its a tepid "smells nice" so i think she doesn't really care for it

My Wife of almost 31 Years Loves most everything I wear.....There are a few that She hates.....
    1. Obsession for Men
    2. Kouros
    3. Tea for Two
    4. Opium PH Edp
    She is not fond of the power scents.....She will endure them but tells me that I have other scents that are better!

She Loves all of the Bond No.9, Creed, Armani, Ralph (not Polo), Acqua di Parma and Comme des Garcons that I have.....She Loves (Likes) way more than She dislikes (hates).....I have way too many to mention.....Out of them all She Loves Gio, Armani Code, Purple Label, Romance Silver, Polo Black and Double Black, GIT and Green Valley, and Wall Street, Central Park, Chez Bond, Riverside Drive!!!

I Love when She wears Flower Bomb, Spring Flowers, Love In White, Love by RL, 5th Avenue by Arden, Union Square by Bond No.9, Code Pour Femme by Armani and Style by RL.....Gary