Code of Conduct

Default Nino Cerruti, Eau d'Hermès, Halston 1-12

Holy heaven these are amazing scents.

I'm wearing Nino Cerruti today and it has knocked me out. Nothing heavy, nothing on the edge, but simply incredible smooth tobacco under very subtle spice. Wow. I say this often about things in my collection, so please indulge my redundant praise, but wow, this stuff is for the ages. This is what a man should smell like. Chapter ones of all the self-help and psychological insight books on being a man and being a father and all that, they should mention Nino Cerruti's first fragrance for men. This is where manhood smells start and end. I'm so happy.

Some time ago a member and I were PMing about what would be similar to Halston 1-12, which is a favorite of both of us but in recent release form seems to be of shorter duration. Then I claimed I'd found nothing good enough to get the same feeling as 1-12, and while there's still no replacement, I've had wearings of Eau d'Hermès which reminded me of 1-12, and now, half-way through the day in Nino Cerruti I'm again reminded of 1-12. Still different magic, but you know what I mean.

Three scents, and today's in particular, that make me very happy I somehow found the smelling hobby.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: Nino Cerruti, Eau d'Hermès, Halston 1-12

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Holy heaven these are amazing scents.

I'm wearing Nino Cerruti today and it has knocked me out. Nothing heavy, nothing on the edge, but simply incredible smooth tobacco under very subtle spice. Wow. I say this often about things in my collection, so please indulge my redundant praise, but wow, this stuff is for the ages. This is what a man should smell like. Chapter ones of all the self-help and psychological insight books on being a man and being a father and all that, they should mention Nino Cerruti's first fragrance for men. This is where manhood smells start and end. I'm so happy.

Some time ago a member and I were PMing about what would be similar to Halston 1-12, which is a favorite of both of us but in recent release form seems to be of shorter duration. Then I claimed I'd found nothing good enough to get the same feeling as 1-12, and while there's still no replacement, I've had wearings of Eau d'Hermès which reminded me of 1-12, and now, half-way through the day in Nino Cerruti I'm again reminded of 1-12. Still different magic, but you know what I mean.

Three scents, and today's in particular, that make me very happy I somehow found the smelling hobby.
    --Chris

Nino Cerruti PH is the one I would take on a desert island. Truly great stuff. I tried the "new" Cerruti PH (edit: link below), last week. It is very different in tone and quality, to the original.

http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/marques...NGUE&LANGUE=FR
    Last edited by Latch35; 27th April 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I wore 1-12 when I was in school for many years (I found all of the other Halstons unwearable). Now I must try Eau d'Hermes.

Would you compare it to J.H.L. by Lauder?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wore 1-12 when I was in school for many years (I found all of the other Halstons unwearable). Now I must try Eau d'Hermes.

Would you compare it to J.H.L. by Lauder?
    Cerruti PH? In terms of quality, depth and development, yes. Differing notes of course, I find Cerruti PH to be "greener" and earthier.

Pluran's review here is worth noting, the base is heavy on these two, myrhh + incense, to my nose.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121186.html

DustB,

Glad you attracted those into your reality. Nino Cerruti Pour Homme is one of the most unique and high quality fragrances I've worn. There are many good ones from Hèrmes but Eau d'Hèrmes remains my favorite from the house. Both fragrances are infinitely wearable, full of intriguing accords, never fail in any area, and just get better as the temperatures rise. It wasn't until recently that I noticed Eau d'Hèrmes was made by Edmond Roudnitska.

I haven't tried Halston 1-12. I look forward to it.