Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which fragrance "haunts" you?

Ethereal, lingering, now I can feel, now I can't, keeps me sniffing, clean, manly, simplistic yet full:
    Bulgari Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    Buzzlepuff, Yes!!! I agree with Royal Oud and Aoud Lime. Both simply amazing! I don't own full bottles of these just yet.

Others on my list would have to be Kingdom, AG Sables, Chergui, Santal de Mysore, Bois Blond, Querelle, and Lonestar Memories.

I can practically smell these just by thinking about them...
    Ah, I can't believe I forgot Sables. That's definitely on my list too.

Clinique Happy for women haunts me. The hottest chick I've ever dated/loved wore it. To bad she used it to cover the booze seeping from her pores. I still love them both, but after the knife attack, I had to cut my losses...so to speak. Thank God she never found my guns.

On a happier note, Jil Sander Background haunts me. Sometimes just opening a mini splash is all I need...OK, maybe a little dab on my finger tip. Thanks again JWS for indroducing us. Unlike the previous GF, Jil is a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Many fragrances act like a mask to wear, I think... but a fragrance haunts you when it takes your mask off.
    That really is a good quote Maxwell. I'm about to order a few samples of Montale's Aoud series and Voleur de Roses. Oriscent's oud oils sound really interesting, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to pay 200-500 dollars for 3ml of anything. There are some really good ideas mentioned so far.
    "Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    Mignon McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by The_Monkey View Post
    That really is a good quote Maxwell. I'm about to order a few samples of Montale's Aoud series and Voleur de Roses. Oriscent's oud oils sound really interesting, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to pay 200-500 dollars for 3ml of anything. There are some really good ideas mentioned so far.
    Thank you. I've been eyeing Oriscent myself lately. At least with real Oud you only need to use a tiny dab. Even a small application gives amazing sillage.

Cool Re: Which fragrance "haunts" you?

Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe View Post
    Clinique Happy for women haunts me. The hottest chick I've ever dated/loved wore it. To bad she used it to cover the booze seeping from her pores. I still love them both, but after the knife attack, I had to cut my losses...so to speak. Thank God she never found my guns.

Now if her name was Ellen and she lived in L.A. ten years ago, that would be scary !

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Great post, Monkey. My response is based on my own quirky definitions of haunting. The first is a combination of profound beauty and deep melancholy which includes Voleur de Roses (after the numerous mentions here this will have to be my SOTD) as well as Lutens' Douce Amere and Montale's Blue Amber. The second are those scents that repel me at first but which I can't simply dismiss and consign to my "tested, don't like" drawer as I do with so many. It's probably no coincidence that some of my favorite people are those I'm initially put off by. This group of fragrances include Eau d'Hermes, Sandringham, and Blenheim Bouquet.
    My current top 10: Richard James; Clive Christian No. 1 for Men; L'Artisan Voleur de Roses; Creed Aventus, Erolfa, Santal Imperial, Virgin Island Water, and Windsor; Serge Lutens Chergui and Gris Clair

"It is never to late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Daim Blond has been haunting me for the past few days. I keep focusing on the apricot, musk and suede notes as I find them in the mix. Each wearing seems subtly different from the preceding one.

Bond Wall St and Chanel Pour homme