Code of Conduct

Default Paris Hilton for Men vs Rochas Man

These both rank in the sweet category, yet Hilton is tons more fruity. I was contemplating if Paris for men would be different than what I already have in my wardrobe. I know that Hilton smells like melons in the top, but am unsure of the base notes... It may seem like it could go "flat" and just turn very close to the skin weak musk smell like KC Reaction.

Anyone have any experience with Paris Hilton for men and any similarities to fragrances in my wardrobe?

thank you.

Default Re: Paris Hilton for Men vs Rochas Man

PH has wonderful sillage and longevity, with a great airy-fruity smell that is surprisingly strong. I don't see how you are drawing a comparison to Rochas, even when it comes to sweetness. The two scents have a totally different function and effect in my opinion. Guess & Reaction I guess could be considered similar only because I consider all three to be "jeans and a t-shirt" kind of frags.

Why don't you just test it for yourself? Your nose knows you better than anyone else's.

On me, the Paris Hilton lasts heaps longer than Reaction. It's a fabulous warmish weather scent which can be used any time.

Rochas Man is an oriental, which I tend to use more for going out at night.
    Renato

G Man I know we already talked about this but I own both Rochas Man and PH for men. Personally I love both, I mean Rochas Man is my oriental sweet fragrance. I ONLY use this fragrance when I know for sure I'm going out with one of my friends who really like this one. Other than that I don't use it much.

PH for Men is just a casual anytime fragrance, day/night by mostly day. It's very fruity in the beggining but it doesn't go "flat". The fruits turning airy, it's beautiful. But now that the summer seasons are coming up PH is the way to go, perfect for that hot day out on the beach or a warm night out on the town, Rochas is forsure a fall/winter fragrance.

Enjoy

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to meantion that PH outlasts Reaction by a mile. Reaction is way to light for me, even if I layer it with it's aftershave balm and deoderant.
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 28th April 2007 at 07:01 AM.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Today I am wearing Paris Hilton for men on a nice 70 degree day. The lasting ability and sillage is amazing for such a citrus/fruity scent.

I agree this is a great causual everyday scent and very on the edge for men.

If any thing to compare it to would be Polo Black - due to the mango note they both share.
    Last edited by scentimus; 28th April 2007 at 05:20 PM.

Ha! Great minds think alike?

Perhaps. What I do know is that these two scents in particular are the absolute best bang for your buck hands down - that's why I'm so tickled to see this match off. It's a hit with females and few people wear them. Hilton's fragrance is dirt cheap but leans a little younger. Rochas Man is more universal, you could wear it at any age. Although Hiltons is perhaps the best deal ever for as low as $10-25 bucks, it's quite synthetic and you could grow out of it. Rochas in the end for it's versatility, and still being the best bargain at around $20-40.

Paris Hilton & Rochas Man = "Best Bang For Your Buck"
    Last edited by Manteuse; 31st October 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manteuse View Post
    Rochas in the end for it's versatility
    For sure.

Both smell fantastic and are top players in the bang for the buck game.....I would say that PH is great for everyday wear while RM is a going out at night fragrance IMO!!!
    Gary

Sur la Plage

Rochas Man is worth owning - Paris Hilton for Men is not.

Every Man should have Paris Hilton though just be careful not to wear the fragrance that has her name and go for Rochas Man.lol

Does anyone ever want to be in this situation:

Other: "What fragrance are you wearing?"

You: "Paris Hilton for Men..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post

Ok, this made me laugh... and you are right, I would rather bite down on a cyanide capsule than ever admit to that!

When I get comPliments upon wearing PH For Men I mumble a hasty thanks and move on haha. That being said, my bottle's 2/3s gone which is a rarity in my wardrobe (used up more than half) and for sure I'll get another one when its gone. It's such an easy wear. Nope, none of that airy, longtime wear for me, I must agree it does fall rather flat on the skin after a while, but I dont mind reapplying. Smells great on fabric too, girls love it!

I dont get why it was being compared to Rochas Man though, they're so different from each other.

- - - Updated - - -

When I get comPliments upon wearing PH For Men I mumble a hasty thanks and move on haha. That being said, my bottle's 2/3s gone which is a rarity in my wardrobe (used up more than half) and for sure I'll get another one when its gone. It's such an easy wear. Nope, none of that airy, longtime wear for me, I must agree it does fall rather flat on the skin after a while, but I dont mind reapplying. Smells great on fabric too, girls love it!

I dont get why it was being compared to Rochas Man though, they're so different from each other.

I only know Rochas, but it's elegance, versatility and longevity in its price category, as well as in its gourmand notes group are hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post

This gets posted on just about every thread where Paris Hilton for Men is discussed or raised.
    I take it that people would be embarrassed to say that they are wearing it, for reasons undisclosed.

The only scents that I'd be kind of embarrassed to say I'm wearing are,
    Passion for Men (Liz Taylor) and Desire For Men (Gabriella Sabatini),
    and to a lesser extent
    Fcuk Him and Fcuk 3 Him,
    all of which I own and like.
    Fcuk Friction I didn't like, so don't have to be concerned about it.
    Cheers,
    Renato