Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed only smells good half of the time

Hi All,

I have a strange 'problem' with GIT. It seems as if GIT has a very harsh and synthetic smell most of the time when I apply it to my wrists. However, if I rub them together for a few second and then take a whiff, I get an amazingly smooth and semi-floral scent. Is there a way to have it continually have this smooth smell? Anyone else have this problem?

-jjw

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed only smells good half of the time

Are you sure your GIT is legit?
    Last edited by Borky; 29th April 2007 at 05:28 AM.

Are you sure its not Green Frish Tweed?

I am pretty sure it is legit. It was purchased from scentiments.com. I have purchased from them many times and haven't had any reason to doubt them, I guess until now.

I think the topnotes are just very sharp, grassy, and citrusy. These qualities are often associated with your average cheap, synthetic, wannabe citrus scent...so even if the scent is very high quality (as GIT is), it automatically gets a negative reaction from a skeptical nose. Took me awhile to realize this and get over it.

Even if you continue to get synthetic qualities out of it, the drydown is totally worth it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thats the thing, I don't get the dry down for hours and hours later and only after rubbing my wrists together to generate some heat or something.

I was about to give up on GIT until I was at the gym one day, about 8hrs after I had applied it. I was doing squats so I was sweating pretty heavily and suddenly I smelled the most amazing thing ever. I was seconds away from asking the guy next to me what he was wearing before I realized it was coming from me!
    The only way I have been able to recreate this smell is by waiting like 4-5hrs, and then rubbing my wrists together. =(

Lots and lots of frags have ripped off GIT (cool water, curve, etc) - what they copy most are the top notes and thats where the association comes from.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    Are you sure your GIT is legit?
    GIT is 2 legit to quit

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Has anyone else gotten a bad creed from scentiments.com before? I think I might stop by Neiman Marcus and smell it to see if it's the same

GIT smells great all year round, that is 365 days a year!!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by jjw View Post
    Has anyone else gotten a bad creed from scentiments.com before? I think I might stop by Neiman Marcus and smell it to see if it's the same
    I have purchased 2 GIT bottles from Scentiments in the past and all of them have been the real thing. At first before placing my order they were very cheap in price to me, $69.00 per a 4.0 oz bottle (this was three years ago), but now the price has gone up (perhaps because now more people know it than before).
    Last edited by Papi_Chulo; 3rd May 2007 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Papi_Chulo View Post

I have purchased 2 GIT bottles from Scentiments in the past and all of them have been the real thing. At first before placing my order they were very cheap in price to me, $69.00 per a 4.0 oz bottle (this was three years ago), but now the price has gone up (perhaps because now more people know it than before).
    Yea - although still lower than retail their prices are now close to or exceed $100 on many of the millesimes. Same's the case with fragrancenet.com.
    -