Code of Conduct

Default How the heck do you use?...

How do you use pomade/brilliantine/fiber? It comes in a cylindrical jar but its not clear how to apply it. Do you just scoop up a whole bunch, rub it in your palms, and then your hair?

I bought Yardley's lavender brilliantine and I'm a bit perplexed because its soft and gooey-like; unlike any hair product I've used before.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Default Re: How the heck do you use?...

You scoop a little amount (dime or nickel size) unto your palm and rub it together with both hands. Then you distribute it thorough your hair. Be careful not to use too much or you end up with greasy looking hair instead of styled looking hair.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo View Post
    You scoop a little amount (dime or nickel size) unto your palm and rub it together with both hands. Then you distribute it thorough your hair. Be careful not to use too much or you end up with greasy looking hair instead of styled looking hair.
    Ahhh..got it. If that's the case...this stuff is expensive! Thanks for your help; god only knows what kind of experimentation I was about to do.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Expensive? I have a jar of Yardley Gentleman brilliantine that is about a year and a half old, and it is no where near half used. It cost about $20 and I am sure I will get more than two years out of it by the time I am through. Brilliantine gives shine, while pomade, applied the same way (either through the hair or on top) is more for scultping and gives a matte appearance. I have used Blu by John Allan's for a pomade. It is $16 dollars.

On the basis of near daily use, they last a long time and are a bargain.
    --------------------------------------
    By the way, I wouldn't recommend "scooping" brilliantine or pomade. What you actually should do is just skim a thin layer of it out of the jar onto your fingers; then warm it into the fingers of both hands and apply onto or into the hair. To scoop it suggests application of far too much of the product. Just a skim onto a few fingers, then then warm it, then apply. That's it.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 3rd May 2007 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost