Code of Conduct

Cool Which Montale is the best for summer? like the beach?

Who can help me?

Default Re: Which Montale is the best for summer? like the beach?

I can help you!

Fougeres Marines.

Starts out fruity and sweet with a bit of spice (think Givenchy Blue Label) and ends up a smooth, enjoyable, not exactly ground-breaking, but very well made aquatic.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 30th April 2007 at 08:13 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

If you want to know which one of the Montales is just like the beach, then the answer is Sandflowers. If you wanted to know the ones suitable for the beach, then there might be two more names: Soleil de Capri and Wood & Spices.

Fougères Marines is a murky aquatic, but doesn't really smell like the ocean to me. Nor the beach...

Talking Re: Which Montale is the best for summer? like the beach?

i smelled that Marine scent from Montale, but it was a bit sweet (on paper). Maybe i have to try this on the skin. What about Sandflowers from Montale? I didn´t smell this one...i will test this today.

I made a test smelling with my friends (Comptoir Sud P. Aqua Motu and Montale FOUGÈRES MARINE...and all of them chose Aqua Motu...and they didn´t know what it is!!! What do you think about Aqua Motu or Sandflowers?

and THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post
    Fougères Marines is a murky aquatic, but doesn't really smell like the ocean to me. Nor the beach...

P-Natra, were you after something that actually smells like the beach, or just something that's appropiate for that environment? For something that actually replicates the arid, sandy, seaweedy qualities of a beach, Shifts' reccommendations may very well be better than Fougeres Marines; I haven't smelled them. I just like Fougeres.

Or, just go for Kenzo PH. Or Dune. Or possibly Terre d'Hermes.

ps. Fougeres Marines gets much less sweet as it dries. Just give it about a couple of hours.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 30th April 2007 at 08:23 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    What do you think about Aqua Motu or Sandflowers?
    These two are scaringly similar, but Sandflowers wins hands down on all aspects (apart from the price). It has an open clearity to it making it feel not the least muddled, and without that kind of bad chemical after taste Aqua Motu has. And the longetivity is just crazy with Sandflowers, which it really isn't with Aqua Motu. If I didn't already have a bottle of Aqua Motu, I'd go for Sandflowers right away.

Wink Re: Which Montale is the best for summer? like the beach?

@ shifts...thank you...i have to test sandflowers from Montale again! I´m between Comptior Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu and Sandflowers? Very hard to choose...what do you think about Aqua Motu...is it good?

Just a tip...Aqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi...very nice citrus, fig scent...but i wore this one last summer :-)
    --------------------------------------
    @ all...thank you for that information...maybe, i buy sandflowers from Montale...but i´m also waitin for Virgin Island Water...who knows the smell of it? Is it also a beach scent?
    Last edited by P-Natra; 30th April 2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oooooooo I just read the reviews of Sandflowers. I want. Thank you Shifts.

@ shifts, than why you got CSP Aqua Motu in your scents list and not Sandflowers :-)
    i have to test these two again... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    @ shifts, than why you got CSP Aqua Motu in your scents list and not Sandflowers :-)
    i have to test these two again... :-)
    I simply bought Aqua Motu before I got to try Sandflowers. I don't dislike Aqua Motu enough to get rid of it yet, but will eventually buy Sandflowers once I empty the Motu

You're welcome LiveJazz!

I bought Aqua Motu...it is fresher, than Sandflowers (a bit Spicier)...Next time, i buy Sandsflowers (from the internet shop) :-) I NEED BOTH :-)
    @ shift...thanks for your advice...

Here's the problem. I don't think wearing fragrances to the beach works very well. With the fresh air and breeze most smell so artificial, women don't like it.

My vote is to wear" At The Beach 1966" from CB I HATE PERFUME. You'll blend in and just smell stronger than most. One of the Montales others are suggesting might be best used after a day at the beach.

Not Gospel, just an opinion.

I stay in Germany (Munich)...there is no beach...that´s why i´m bringing the beach to me (on my skin). For hot day...i want to wear something like seawater, sand and sun!!!
    And Imperial from Creed or Aqua Motu or Sandflowers make me feel that i´m on the beach...
    If i´m on the beach i wouldn´t wear scent, because i got sun-lotion on me and jump into the water and swim... :-)

Figured this was a good thread to ask my own question about summer and Montale...

Of these:

Chypre - Fruit
    Orient Exteme
    Sandflowers
    Patchouli Leaves
    Sandalsliver
    Dew Musk
    Fougeres Marines
    Soleil de Capri
    Vetiver des Sables
    Embruns d'Essaouira
    Ginger - Musk
    Greyland
    Aromatic Lime

Which are better / which are worse for hot weather? I live in South Florida and summer is nearly already upon us (it was 85F / 29C yesterday).

I'm leaning strongly towards both the Aromatic Lime - and the Sandflowers based on this thread already. Anything that you'd call a definite "NO"

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    Figured this was a good thread to ask my own question about summer and Montale...

Of these:

Chypre - Fruit
    Orient Exteme
    Sandflowers
    Patchouli Leaves
    Sandalsliver
    Dew Musk
    Fougeres Marines
    Soleil de Capri
    Vetiver des Sables
    Embruns d'Essaouira
    Ginger - Musk
    Greyland
    Aromatic Lime

Which are better / which are worse for hot weather? I live in South Florida and summer is nearly already upon us (it was 85F / 29C yesterday).

I'm leaning strongly towards both the Aromatic Lime - and the Sandflowers based on this thread already. Anything that you'd call a definite "NO"
    I would say no way to Greyland, Orient Extreme, Patchouli Leaves and Sandalsliver.

A. Lime and Sandflowers would work well.

The following would also be good choices.

Fougeres Marines
    Soleil de Capri
    Vetiver des Sables
    Embruns d'Essaouira (with a light trigger finger)

rentboy: Soleil de Capri is a summer staple of mine (well, since last summer).

Terrific, thanks for the advice!! (scurries off to place an order!)

I don't think anyone has mentioned Virgin Island Water yet. This one smells beachy -- not necessarily surf and sand, but it's got that feel.

I find Aramis Bermuda Tonic to be a very underrated summer frag. I prefer this over VIW at about 1/3 of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    I don't think anyone has mentioned Virgin Island Water yet.
    Cuz they asked what Montale would be best suited in the summer..not Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Cuz they asked what Montale would be best suited in the summer..not Creed.
    LOL

It's got to be cuir d'arabie brutal enough to keep those pesky sandflies well away.

Quote Originally Posted by fenton_t_fox View Post
    It's got to be cuir d'arabie brutal enough to keep those pesky sandflies well away.
    To each his own.

But i have to say, CdA would be one of the last fragrances i would wear in the summer, especially at the beach!