Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which aquatic Creed do you prefer more?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Imperial

11 25.00%
  • Erolfa

21 47.73%
  • Virgin Island Water

3 6.82%
  • Silver Mountain Water

9 20.45%

Default Which aquatic Creed do you like better?

I just got SMW, and I love it, but I can't figure out which is my fav. aquatic Creed. Which aquatic Creed do you like better?

Default Re: Which aquatic Creed do you like better?

It might not be aquatic, but the only Creed fragrance that I like so far is GIT, I hate SMW, it's too salty for me.

Basenotes Plus

I like SMW better than MI, but I haven't tried the often recommended Erolfa yet.

I have heard some people say that they think GIT is aquatic, I don't really get that, but that's just me. As far as Erolfa, it's awesome. It has a salty, briny, realy clean scent that after a few minutes totally smells like the ocean. I live by the beach, so I love wearing Erolfa cause the ocean smell completes the scent (if that makes sense).

Off-Scenter

Erolfa is the most distinctive, most rugged, and least "pretty" of the lot. I feel it has more character than the rest.

I had to go with Erolfa. When I bought it I was completely underwhelmed. It just smelled sharp with a Dune-like drydown. I nearly put it up for swap, yet for some reason I kept smelling my wrist. "There has to be something to this," I thought. Little by little, over the next few days it would reveal itself to me. Wow...tangerine, lemon...is that grapefruit?...sandalwood?... I had to try it on again and again. Before I new it I was smitten.

It's all about the Erolfa. (I still have no idea what a beach smells like, and what with the anosmia thing, WON'T know, but... to put it simply; Erolfa good.)

Sampled VIW, and it was nice but I'm not big on smelling like a coconut.

SMW... not sure, it didn't make an impact on me when I smelled it at the store. I received a sample, but it doesn't help me now. (I've heard it smells similar to Himalaya, which in turn is similar to PR's XS, which I like... for whatever that twice-removed is good for.)

Imperial I kind of like, my girlfriend -loves- it.

Creed have many excellent aquatic/citrus fragrances.

Imperial is the king of them all.
    -

I am sorry about the anosmia thing. But yeah, to me Erolfa smells exactly like teh beach. I am torn between Erolfa and Imperial as my favorite, as well.

Its no contest -- Virgin Island Water is my favorite.

Virgin island water is nice, but has no actual aquatic note as far as I can tell. SMW has a kind of ozonic impression to it. MI and Erolfa both have what I would describe as an aquatic note.

If I had to choose I would choose MI of those four.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Virgin island water is nice, but has no actual aquatic note as far as I can tell.
    Your right.

Although VIW is my favorite of the four, if had to pick one that is truly aquatic, it would be Erolfa.

Subtract one vote from VIW and add it to Erolfa.
    Last edited by ajmc; 1st May 2007 at 06:03 PM.

GIT isn't an aquatic. But whatever, that's not among the options. I've never considered SMW an aquatic, it doesn't have the same vibe as AdG, Aqua de Bulgari, yada yada, and I think that's why I like it so much. It's so good, AND different. MI never smelled all that great to me, never got all the fuss about it, and I've never smelled Erolfa, so pass on voting.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.