Code of Conduct

Default Something other than Crave

So there is this woman who I am yet to meet.
    Who mentioned to me that she adores the smell of Crave on a man.
    That she found the smell, uh, how should I say, intoxicating to the degree that it encouraged positive romantic outcomes.
    So I, not familiar with the fragrance or fragrances in general, read the basenotes reviews of the product and find them far less than encouraging.
    As a broad observation I have found the fragrances I enjoy wearing, and I presume suit me, are woody cedar type fragrances, not too dark or stolid, that can run into lighter vanilla and floral notes.
    I don't really want to quiz her all that closely as to what about Crave she likes so much, but in general discussion I have gathered that musky bases are out, and I suspect heavily woody fragrances as well.

With that in mind, I would be interested in receiving opinion as to what it is about Crave she may like so much, and whether there is a commendable fragrance that may strongly appeal to her that and I am going to bear wearing when we meet.

(Oh, and no nutmeg. Anywhere)
    Last edited by hardfelt; 1st May 2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: No nutmeg

Default Re: Something other than Crave

I think she likes citrusy scents with a slight sweet note as Crave, so if you wanna please this girl, try fresh fragrances like Ck One Summer 2006, Davidoff Echo, Herrera Aqua, Aramis Always, Kenneth Cole New York etc.

If she craves Crave, give the lady what she wants.
    Wear some Crave and let her crave YOU!
    --------------------------------------
    think of it this way - if you mentioned to her that your absolute favorite color in the world to see a woman wearing is Red, and come meeting time she decided to "approximate" your likes and showed up in a light pink sweater, you'd likely get the feeling that she didn't hear what you were saying or didn't care to attract you, right? Whereas if she showed up in a SCREAMING BRIGHT FIRE ENGINE RED DRESS, you'd make no mistake that she was interested. right?
    Last edited by rentboy; 1st May 2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I haven't tested Crave in years, but I remember that when it came out, it reminded me of a somewhat watered down version of Calvin Klein Truth.

It's pretty pointless wearing Crave next time you see her. You know Australian women - if you show too much overt interest (and wearing Crave now that she's told you would be just such interest) they often seem to delight in running off with someone else.
    Renato

If you want something very cheap to replace the Crave get the Perry Ellis Orange Bottled Frag. It's a good one.

rentboy, it certainly is tempting advice to follow and I have considered wearing Crave for the very reasons you suggest, however...

...as I see it, it is in my interest to seek a fragrance that reminds of her Crave yet still manages to distinguish itself, and it's wearer, from the previously familiar.

There must be a means to draw a nose past the pop-consumabilty of a fruity saccharine rush and onto something a little more complex and intriguing in it's revelation and, ultimately, less disposable.
    --------------------------------------
    Renato, yes well that could be a concern; should I draw any consolation from the fact that she is not Australian? Thanks for the heads up on Truth. The notes read suitably so I will go seek a sniff.

ck__ do you mean this one? http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121281.html

rentboy, how did you know red was her colour?
    Last edited by hardfelt; 1st May 2007 at 06:23 PM.

I'd recommend Euphoria men or Miracle Homme ( Lancome ). They smell somewhat similar to Crave but more refined.

Quote Originally Posted by hardfelt View Post
    rentboy, how did you know red was her colour?
    purely a lucky guess my friend!

According to several on this board, the logical step-up to niche and yet still "Curve-esque" would be GIT. My wife doesn't think they smell alike at all, but loves them both, with GIT having the edge over Curve. Both are great all-around frags, but GIT is much more sophisticated and evolves nicely, whereas Curve is very one-dimensional by comparison.

Give it a try, and see if it works.

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    According to several on this board, the logical step-up to niche and yet still "Curve-esque" would be GIT. My wife doesn't think they smell alike at all, but loves them both, with GIT having the edge over Curve. Both are great all-around frags, but GIT is much more sophisticated and evolves nicely, whereas Curve is very one-dimensional by comparison.

Give it a try, and see if it works.

CJ
    I think hardfelt meant CRAVE by CK, not Curve. Yeah, these names are confusing

Quote Originally Posted by hardfelt View Post
    Renato, yes well that could be a concern; should I draw any consolation from the fact that she is not Australian?
    Maybe. It all depends on whether she grew up here from an early age.

Having lived briefly in Italy, I've always been struck by the interesting contrast between Italian girls and Australian girls. Generally speaking, in Italy they like being treated like princesses, whereas in Australia they like being treated like princesses - but only after they've had a brief period as Cinderella.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    I'd recommend Euphoria men or Miracle Homme...
    Thank you breeze. Euphoria reads, by note and nomenclature, as the logical successor to the popular irony of Crave. Yet it seems a scent designed to take advantage of a previous addiction and keep the Cravers within CK's place with as little fuss as possible. The crack-House next door may offer an interesting spin though, so Miracle is my pick here. I'll grab a dub; thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by hardfelt; 2nd May 2007 at 05:30 AM. Reason: I can't help what I do