Code of Conduct

Thread: Perry Ellis 18

Default Perry Ellis 18

I could not resist to buy this scent on line…I had to see what it was about. It seems it really never fully made it to market since just recently Parlux Fragrances sold their rights to the Perry Ellis fragrance portfolio.

Its a shame for Parlux did put a lot a quality into the packaging of this fragrance. The box is well make and catching to the eye. The bottle is very well made and would have made a better rendition for Euphoria Men - it such a better interpretation of the woman's Euphoria bottle.

Its a tall semi curved bottle half wrapped in brush chrome very catching and heavy. As for the notes of the fragrance I can not find anything on the web about it.

The scent is a rich citrus woods very deep and long lasting. Agreed it is nothing ..nothing ground breaking.

If anyone has any more info on this mystery scent please pass along.

Default Re: Perry Ellis 18

any similarities with other fragances? ?? i wrote a thread about it last month and nobody could tell us how is the scent.... the bottle is really nice ...

I got this as a sample when I bought Chanel Allure Sport for me and Tommy Bahama for my wife.

It is very safe and for some reason it smells morose to me? lol I mean it has notes that for some reason or another smells sad to me? I know it sounds strange but it's like a reverse Drakkar smell..or a reversed Polo Sport smell.

It's sillage is strong but theres just something about it that didn't work for me.

My wardobe is pretty much "metallic" in notes..I dont gamble with M7 and incense smelling colognes.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

I agree it does have very strong sillage almost packs a punch. I would not wear to the office for fear everyone would say....who is wearing colonge!

So argree with the reverse Drakkar Noir/Polo Sport idea that how I view it.
    Last edited by scentimus; 3rd May 2007 at 03:18 AM.

YES! It is very strong indeed, you would definately get a ,"Who's wearing cologne?" remark in the office with this one.

Just a strange morose smell...clean though dont get me wrong but reversed from Drakkar or Polo Sport etc. I cant put my finger on the heavy morose note that surges out on this one. I thought "Cool a new 2007 release, then I smelled it and thought Ehhhhh it's so-so and very morose." lol

Now IMHO THIS cologne would be a first time buy for a lot of men WITHOUT trying other colognes because this smells safe and clean...I cant tell you how many men in older demographics who do this... sort of like JOVAN MUSK back in the 80's...seems every Dad owned this and it stinks to high hell...lol.

Definately check out the many SPORT colognes and you'll see Perry Ellis takes a way back seat to all of em' IMHO.

Good luck.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!