Code of Conduct

Default Cologne for kiddies

There are many colognes out there that I (and others) have deemed too old for a teen to wear. Also, the more sophisticated scents seem to cost an arm and leg (for working min. hours and managing college classes). Any suggestions for nice scents that wont cost a fortune with a lot of staying power while running around?

Default Re: Cologne for kiddies

At first I thought this was asking for suggestions for cologne for your small children. Get them started out on the right foot...

I suggest Cologne by TM. Get it on scentiments, as well as any other designer scent. Cologne doesn't have to be expensive to be good.

Clinique Happy instantly comes to mind...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

For the record, I'm 20 and in college and I wear pretty much anything. I don't think there's really any age limit to fragrances. Which ones are you refferring to in particular?

I think industry standard for high school seniors and frat boys is Acqua Di Gio or Joop. A buddy of mine once told me that every member of his frat had Gio, kind of like the house scent. I second the Cologne recommendation by Mugler. It smells like light blue powdery soap, in a good way.
    "Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    Mignon McLaughlin

Talking Re: Cologne for kiddies

Bvlgari got scents for kids. here is the link
    http://www.perfumesonline.com.au/bvl...e82bc2f4bb8857

My first was Cool Water and Polo Sport. Both are good great for younger generations!

My teenaged sister is currently wearing Paris Hilton Heiress, when I was younger I did wear Cool Water alot, I think True Star by Tommy Hilfiger is a nice younger scent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bassdude View Post
    There are many colognes out there that I (and others) have deemed too old for a teen to wear. Also, the more sophisticated scents seem to cost an arm and leg (for working min. hours and managing college classes). Any suggestions for nice scents that wont cost a fortune with a lot of staying power while running around?
    Buying cologne online can save you a bundle compared to the department stores, if you wanted something along those lines. Sometimes as much as 50% or more off. Scentiments.com is a good source, and bigdiscount.com has worked for me so far.

If you wanted something more unique (we call them "niche fragrances", basically anything made by independant perfumers or smaller companies), something that you'd almost never find on another guy your age, then you'd definitely have to pay more, but luckyscent.com has a decent selection of $50-70 ( for 100ml bottles) fragrances, and you can order samples for $2.

If you signed up here, you're probably more serious about smelling good than the average guy, so I'd recommend staying away from things like Cool Water and Aqua de Gio. Almost every cologne wearing college guy in the country has those fragrances. It doesn't make them bad, but you'll smell like everyone else.

I'm 19 and in college and I'm about to buy a bottle of Cool Water Deep. I like Acqua Di Gio a lot but a good friend of mine wears it and its just way too popular anyways. I like the scent though so Cool Water Deep is my compromise.

cool water deep is weak on me. very weak. i returned my 3.4 oz bottle. you may want to re-consider and get something better, yet similar, for your money. I suggest you look some more!
    Last edited by G Man; 2nd May 2007 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    cool water deep is weak on me. very weak. i returned my 3.4 oz bottle. you may want to re-consider and get something better, yet similar, for your money. I suggest you look some more!
    I have been looking forever. My skin just soaks everything I put on it up. Right now I have an old bottle of Nautica Latitude Longitude and Abercrombie Fierce which I am selling because I put it on and it reminded me of high school. I've just given up and picked CWD. Maybe I'll look harder. I know what I don't like but haven't picked one I've liked a lot yet.

You can return them?!

I actually have a small vial of Mont Blanc Starwalker that I thought smelled good, but nobody else could smell it on me but me.

Blog Entries

I second L'eau D'Issey. It smells fresh & great & lasts a good while. I also second Clinique Happy, but you may need to spray a bit more of this to get the desired effect. Also, do try Burberry Brit. It will give you a bit of a sophisticated feeling . Welcome to basenotes!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Yes. I had originally suggested L'eau D'issey but wasn't sure if it would be right for him, given the top notes, the floral base, ect..

But I would suggest trying L'eau D'issey and don't be put off by the top notes.

Just know that L'eau D'issey is extremely popular now, too, but not as much as Aqua de Gio. It's not something to wear to be unique. And it has a reputation of giving some people major headaches, from what I've heard; a lot of people report getting killer migraines from it. A little goes a long way.

The only fresh scents I've ever really liked that don't cost close to or over $100 are Bulgari Pour Homme and Bulgari Aqva. Unfortunate but true.

I do like plenty of other light and clean scents (Divine L'Homme de Coeur, Creed MI and GIT, Terre d'Hermes, Bond no. 9 Bleecker Street, others)...these are just the only two that truly work on me, give me absolutely no problems (don't turn sour and/or synthetic on my skin) and that aren't from either very expensive designers or niche houses.

Oh, you might also try Gendarme.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

IMO, the best colognes for Kids that is, are those in Hilfiger & CK department stores. LOL!

Goofy Cologne

Or Mickey Mouse EDT (get a free lunchbox!!)

I would try Lacoste Essential, its a nice cologne for any age. :-)

Hmmm... The fragrances by Hugo Boss are good, you may want to try them. I like Hugo by Hugo Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    Hmmm... The fragrances by Hugo Boss are good...
    You forgot to add "IMO" to your statement . Many will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bassdude View Post
    For teens I would recommmend:

Cool Water
    Blue Jeans
    Fierce
    Style in Play

That list is by no means complete, but just a few (non-niche) of the many you could try.

All you're responses have been great. I am the kinda guy that wants to stand out in a crowd and I already have Polo Blue, Cool Water, Eternity (my fav right now), Fierce, and various others but none of those stand out. I also have some Navy, Preferred Stock, Aspen and Gravity. But I think they smell kinda cheap and they don't have the lasting power. So I dunno what to do. I can't say that I like the really heavy scents but I'd be willing to try some good ones.

Cool Re: Cologne for kiddies

I agree you won't stand out with Cool Water and that the ones that you mentioned smell cheap REALLY do smell cheap..

Iceberg Twice is the biggest bang for your buck.
    Also Ferrari Black, Perrry Ellis 360 Red, and Caroline Herrera's 212 H20.

Two problems:

1.--They won't last all day long.
    2.--They usually don't have them in dept stores, so you'd have to buy blind--not the smartest move when money is an issue as you might hate them. Smell first, buy later.

However;

They do stock John Varvatos ( both the original not the so called ' Vintage ' ) Mont Blanc Individuel, and Bulgari Black.

Go get a whiff on your arm, spray liberaly and see how it feels immediately, 30 min later and an hour later.

If you don't like any, it's cool. Don't worry. Stick around the forums and someone will tell you M7 or The Dreamer are the greatest things since Columbus discovered Ohio.

( Welcome to the assylum )

If you do like one, go online and get them at Scentiments; the most inexpensive wholesaler to the public..
    Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 14th May 2007 at 07:48 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    For the record, I'm 20 and in college and I wear pretty much anything. I don't think there's really any age limit to fragrances. Which ones are you refferring to in particular?
    I'm 21 and I'd agree with you. I actually tend to gravitate more towards "older scents" because of the fact that nobody my age is going to be wearing them. Some people might think some of the ones I own are "old man scents" but I don't see them that way.

I agree with the recommendation for Style in Play, tho now Style in play is also becoming popular. Also, especially if you like eternity, try CK Truth. Bvlgari PH and Extreme are good as well.

Cuba scents are really cheap at scentiments ($4) and Blue and Gold are supposed to be pretty good, though I haven't tried them.

Chrome
    Thierry Mugler Cologne
    Lacoste Booster
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by o0angie0o View Post
    My teenaged sister is currently wearing Paris Hilton Heiress, when I was younger I did wear Cool Water alot, I think True Star by Tommy Hilfiger is a nice younger scent as well.
    Your sister has great taste Love Heiress

What I smell around school is Curve, Paris Hilton for Men, Blue Sugar ( no joke ), Burberry Brit, and a lot of Abercrombie&Fitch fragrances.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

My friend gave me a bottle of English Leather. Didn't dig it so much.

Here in the Netherlands and Europe the teenagers are crazy about DKNY apple scent, Adidas, Diesel, Hugo Boss in Motion, Puma and FCUK. Especially DKNY apple scent and the new fragrane of Puma is very popular.

I think what you want is Xeryus Rouge - it's definitely a vibrant and young fragrance, sweet and masculine at the same time, and it stands out because it's different and very few people at school would be wearing anything like it or will even have heard of it, smells nothing like Cool Water, Eau d'Issey, Aqua di Gio etc.

At the same time it's not far out or weird, and so it doesn't stand out *too* much, and average people can relate to it - plus women really love it. Always, always gets compliments and attracts interest.

Plus it's easy to find cheap on ebay. I got my first bottle there for $10 for 100mL, and used it all up, and got a refill on basenotes for $20.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 17th May 2007 at 08:23 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

You didnt really specify the price range too much so if you want something fresh chanel allure sport or diesel only the brave ( it just came out so youll be pretty unique
    For more of a woodsy i would recommend burberry london ( longgevity is sketchy from 5-11 hours)
    Zirh Corduoy is the most cheapest but one of the best colognes. ( also longgevity problems sometimes but you can get a 4.2 for $13)

If chanel allure and diesel is too expensive
    I would say leau d'issey (1.4oz for $35 at target). or maybe chrome (4.2 oz for $35)

I really like and wear Spongebob squarepants cologne for boys and the one for girls as well.
    Nothing wrong with those scents at all. They even have good longevity on my skin!

cheers.

Gucci by Gucci Sport - it struck me as something a kindergarten girl would wear, seriously.

Ralph Lauren - Big Pony Collection aka "The Four Horsemen of Putrid..."