Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Receiving Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo - What to expect?

After months of hesitating I finally decided to order Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo, just based on a faded olfactory memory from my first and hitherto only encounter with this scent circa fifteen months ago. I would be glad if some member of this community could state his opinions on this one. Will I have fun with it during a German summer that is supposed to get warmer and warmer? I'll be able to join this discussion in a few days. Thanks in anticipation.

Steffen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Receiving Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo - What to expect?

Steffen, expect good things. Expect a thoughtful scent.

LV Uomo is a chilly scent, and smells like stepping out of the sun into rich, purple shade. Maybe dampness or even decay in the shade. I'd call LV Uomo a melancholy scent.

It's not sad, but it has a thoughtful quality that sticks in my mind near Nicolai Pour Homme. They're both herbal and chilly and make me think of being close to the grave. I think the scent truly conquors fantastic mental territory and I hope you and others will agree. Other members have mentioned citrus in it, but for me that has never been a focus of the scent or even a slight part. I don't know where they get that, but it might be because of my batch of the juice or whatever. I'll have to wear the stuff again to get more detail, but I think you've chosen something great that will be fantastic to spend a summer in.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Uomo is very nice and very classy. It's just on the edge of formal, but could really go either way. The vetiver was pronounced on me, and overall it's a little more subtle than I like most of the time, but I could see it working very well on another person, especially in the summer. It really needs heat to unfold.

[Quote]Receiving Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo - What to expect?[\Quote]

I'd of have asked this question before making the purchase, but of course, this is just me.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, LV Uomo is my signature scents, and I think it is one of the finest mens fragrances available. One of the things that makes it so very special is the fact that its creator has a way of mixing elements that totally captures the essential fragrances of Italy, and the warm, fresh, herbal, citrus, lavander and sandalwood elements that are unmistakeably Lorenzo Villoresi. What I love is the way the light elements and darker ones blend together. There is nothing like it. One can really spend a lot of time smelling this and noticing all the things that are quietly going on at the same time. If you know his other fragrances, you can detect a little of Sandalo, and Incensi as well as Inglese in this fragrance. It is amazing how his initial offering Uomo encapsulates many of the other fragrances that he spun off later on. Villoresi has a goal in mind when he creates something, and a brilliant "house style" that he developed with Uomo. My only complaint is that I wish it would last longer, I wish a morning application would last all day. Alas it doesn't but what we get from this is absolutely without equal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Papi_Chulo View Post
    but of course, this is just me.
    Yes indeed. Each of us here sure in an individual.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Uomo is a refined, complex herbal scent. Longevity is moderate.
    This makes a good summer scent.

It's one of the best in LV's line, but I haven't worth it much lately.
    It is a somewhat dry scent, without much of any sweet notes. It is herbal,
    but not particularly "green" like, say, a vetiver-heavy scent.

It very much fits in with Villoresi's emphasis on herbal notes. [Compare with
    Spezie, for example.] I think his line is of high quality, with Yerbamate being
    about the only one I've tried that just doesn't work for me [way too powdery].
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 3rd May 2007 at 08:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Receiving Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo - What to expect?

If I has to choose just one, Uomo would be my signature scent (sorry L'Homme de Coeur ). It's herbal with very dry, natural and even somewhat harsh topnotes. Juniper is exquisite here, very well blended, and is - more than the citrus notes - responsible of making it so zesty. I love how these topnotes and softer base interacts, making it full bodied yet absolutely wearable during summer. It is not fresh really, if we mean light, clean and soapy with that word, it's refreshing in way more satisfying way.

Wellcome to the club DesGrieux, you will love it!