Code of Conduct

Default New Gendarme EdeP

Barney's has been touting a new Parfum edition of Gendarme, but the haven't had it yet in the store, and they are not sure when it's coming in. Is this a rather subtle publicity stunt? As a former absolutely die-hard fan of the EdeT, I have been intrigued enough to want to try this one. Any Basenoters have had a chance to sample it? The same only different?

Impatient Joe

Default Re: New Gendarme EdeP

They might merely mean Gendarme 20, which is an edp of the original edt. I've smelled it, and it's not bad, just denser with the white tallow soap note that's in the edt. Not a bad scent at all if you like the edt, Joe, and I'd say go for it. My tastes in the Gendarme family have gone toward V and Carierre, the one marketed for women, since it has a hint more floral sides to it.

I expect that Barney's just getting Gendarme 20 in, which has been at Nordstrom and probably elsewhere for two years or so. I don't think there's another Gendarme edp, but if I'm wrong I hope another member will correct me.

Hope you like it when it comes around too.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

This may be unrelated, but Gendarme does have a new release this month titled Gendarme Sky. It's mentioned in the lower right/center of the screen on their site, but no other info is given. http://www.gendarme.com

This will be interesting to see....Wow....This brings back Great memories....My Wife and I used to work for our friends who owned a Mom and Pop fragrance store......This is where I first came in contact with Gendarme and Grabazzi......Grabazzi is my favorite of these 2 scents.....I do like Gendarme.....it's just that I like Grabazzi better.....Soap, Soap, and more Soap......I do like the other Gendarme scents......Thanks for this thread which brings back many fond thoughts of good friends and Great times......Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Soap, Soap, and more Soap......I do like the other Gendarme scents......Thanks for this thread which brings back many fond thoughts of good friends and Great times......Gary
    I don't quite get the soap as much as I get the Cola! It has a very pronounced cola bean note, but I enjoy it as well--very unique in that regard.

I get the soap scent from the Grabazzi not the Gendarme.....You are very right.....Cola.....I'll have to get the gendarme out and give this a test.....Gary

I like the standard Gendarme's, but Grab-azz-i is the one that really grabs me

I dont think Sky can better Grabazzi, but I would love to be proved wrong !
    -

nope....it is actually a new EDP version of the original....I've seen the bottle...its in the new catalog....
    The bottle is AWESOME looking....Its just a BIG "G" on the front and the word "GENDARME" is engraved (going down) on both sides of the bottle....it really is a work of art IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    its in the new catalog
    What catalog?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    What catalog?

Barney's catalogue.

I was told by Topper at Gendarme many years ago that Carriere (marketed toward women) was an EDP strength version of Gendarme. I wonder if this is just Carriere repackaged or something different?

Chris

Place this post (on hold) I just received an email with a pic of SKy and it looks like the pic in the catalog....However it says SKY on it....The juice is a light blue (SKY) color....However, the bottle in the catalog looks clear and has a G on the front of it....so now....I'm not sure if it is the lighting in the catalog pic...or if the word SKY is on the back and the G the front ???
    Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    nope....it is actually a new EDP version of the original....I've seen the bottle...its in the new catalog....
    The bottle is AWESOME looking....Its just a BIG "G" on the front and the word "GENDARME" is engraved (going down) on both sides of the bottle....it really is a work of art IMO...
    --------------------------------------
    Hold the PHONE...STOP the press....
    Just received this email from Mike at Gendarme....

Hello Mr Roberts.

The Gendarme Sky & Gendarme EDP will be available this May. Please keep checking our website for the latest details.

Item #
    Description
    UPC #
    Sugg. Retail

SKY34
    Gendarme SKY EDT 3.4 oz
    $ 69.00

SKY67
    Gendarme SKY EDT 6.7 oz
    $ 95.00

BSK4
    Gendarme SKY BALM

$ 40.00

GE34
    Gendarme EDP 3.4 oz
    $ 89.00

GE67
    Gendarme EDP 6.7 oz
    $ 105.00
    Last edited by rjrober22; 8th May 2007 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im wearing a sample of Sky right now. I got it like a week ago at Nordstrom's, and this is the second sample I've gone through trying to get a handle on the herbal notes. Let me first say that I really like most of the Gendarme line, with the original being one of my favorites of all time. The line distinguishes itself with variation on a theme: simple, fresh herbal and citrus notes, masterfully blended into very sophisticated scents. The new focus here is bergamot, which tends to overwhelm most fragrances on my skin (or in my nose, depending on who you believe), so the opening blast for me was a bit abrupt. Some find that the bergamot note reminds them of soap or cleaning supplies, but in this one, its a very natural smelling lemony/floral note. As this calms down the fragrance picks up the herbal notes - thyme and sage are the ones I can easily pick out, and possibly some lavender in the background. Overall, the fragrance develops well - it is soft in character, but I think it will project well, or about on par with the rest of the Gendarme line.
    I don't think I will be buying this one - just because of my bergamot aversion, but the herbal notes are very beautiful and I can see this being someones favorite quite easily.
    If someone wants this sample its still quite full and I will gladly pass it on.
    Let me know.
    -Slim

I wore Gendarme V the other day. My wife really likes this one on me. I wore about 8 shots and it lasted for hours. By far my favorite scent from Gendarme. I've got about 80% of a big bottle left, so I'm good for a coupla years! 8 sprays was almost too much, which is rare strength for a Gendarme scent!