Code of Conduct

Default Salvador Dali Aphrodite's Lips bottle

Salvador Dali bottle with lips and nose, found it at a local store , its an old bottle, boxed, about ten years old, and they sold it to me for $9.00. The bottle is a funky piece of sculpture and the juice is potent, a bit syrupy sweet for me, but not displeasing. Not sure how age has affected it, but it has an exotic, spicy scent to it, a kin to opium, perhaps. Parfum de toilette spray, whatever that is, 100mls in a box with a painting of Aphrodite. cool. My blind guess of notes would be clove, sandalwood and amber.
    When I checked on some sites, I see that jasmine, rose, sandalwood, myrhh , amber, oakmoss are among those listed. Classified as a floral chypre. Had to share this interesting find with you all. Anyone try , like or dislike this frag?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Salvador Dali Aphrodite's Lips bottle

I have it! I discovered it lurking POL for smell-alikes. Someone said it was similar to Montaigne. I don't think it's anything like the Caron but I love it. I get lots of aldehydes & ambery sweetness. My little daughter loves the bottle.
    Last edited by tinker424; 4th May 2007 at 04:06 AM.

I have the mini of this, and, though the fragrance isn't my style, I still like it. Very aldehydic, and of course great bottle. Sounds like a good find!

Must be the Salvador Dali 'Le Parfum' for woman, 1983 (Basenotes) or 1985 (Nigel Groom)
    I really loved that scent and used it for many years.

The same design is used for Dali's Laguna, only there the bottle is made in aqua-green glass.

Dali played a big role in the design of the bottle. The nose and lips are taken from his painting 'Apparition du Visage de l'Aphrodite de Cnide'

Enjoy your bottle and fragrance!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Was my SotD yesterday, only the older version coming from the black bottle. Easily my favorite Salvador Dali, where I get aldehydes, flowers (narciss, carnation, orange blossom, rose) and sweet woody-ambery drydown. Not much of moss though. The longevity is superb and everyone is commneting on how good it smells. Please enjoy your find!

Blog Entries

I just bought this blind. I was pleasantly surprised. It might be the cedarwood in the base that gives it that spicey kick which is so definitive. I got mine for $20 plus ship. for 3.4oz! Very wearable.

thanks for your replies, ladies! love that bottle. the fragrance is very redolent. (?not sure if I am using tha t word right)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I LOVE this scent, it is one of my top favorites. I am very lucky to own one of the limited edition 10oz crystal "Le Parfum" bottles. The bottle is HUGE (ten ounces of pure parfum) and very beautiful. Mine is #979/5000 and is still in mint condition, in its original double boxes, and full of the original juice, which thanks to proper storage is still perfect. I even have the hardback "Le Parfum Salvador Dali" book that came along with it. Those bottles retailed for $1,500 in 1983, I wonder how much it is worth today? I cant find much info on this bottle, If anyone has any info or an idea of its value please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by RuffDawg; 6th May 2007 at 06:48 AM.