Code of Conduct

Default Are There Any REAL Cologne Discount Sites/Stores In Canada?

I have learned that Scentiments doesn't ship to Canada and that there is a customs issue with colognes coming into Canada anyway - which I was not aware about. The problem is that these so-called discount Canadian sites that I have found on Google have nothing discount about them. I might as well go shop at The Bay or Sears.

Does anyone know of a true discount Canadian cologne site/store that is comparable on some level to sites like Scentiments with stock and prices.

Thanks.

Default Re: Are There Any REAL Cologne Discount Sites/Stores In Canada?

" Scentiments doesn't ship to Canada and that there is a customs issue with colognes coming into Canada anyway"

This is a real shame. I just checked out their site and indeed they have taken away shipment to Canadian provinces. (The province on my customer information has been changed from Alberta to Alabama.) I have purchased from this company for years and have found their service to be excellent. Lucky me to have purchased the 8 oz. bottles of Cypres-Musc and Bois de Santal! I don't see what the problem is since UPS ground violates no laws. You might want to try Perfumbay. They still ship to Canada, I hope. It is expensive but you can get a lot of things at this site that are not available at Canadian retailers. I know of no Canadian site that offers a lot of rare fragrances at discount prices. Too bad.

Probably not as cheap as the US online retailers (nor the selection) but you might want to look at:

http://beautymall.safeshopper.com/

I have ordered from them quite a few times - they have reasonable shipping rates (cannot say that for many of the US sites or ebay sellers that ship to Canada) and the shipping is quite fast.

I would love to hear about any others out there too.

You found their shipping fast? I've ordered from them three times on ebay where their ID is "honestlyours" and while their prices are pretty good, I find there's *always* some kind of problem. Either it takes 2 weeks plus to ship from a distance that usually takes two days, or else once I paid for a Eau d'Orange Vert 6.7 oz "New in retail box" and they sent me two 3.3 testers instead. Not the end of the world, but always something. I think I remember them selling me something that was used too when it said new. They're also really slow at communication, and tend to sidestep your questions.

I think maybe they're overloaded, but it's still a pain, However that said, they have some good stuff and good prices, and they're in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick70 View Post
    Probably not as cheap as the US online retailers (nor the selection) but you might want to look at:

http://beautymall.safeshopper.com/

I have ordered from them quite a few times - they have reasonable shipping rates (cannot say that for many of the US sites or ebay sellers that ship to Canada) and the shipping is quite fast.

I would love to hear about any others out there too.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Try the Perfume Shop. It's not a discount site, but specializes in niche houses and has an excellent selection. And because they are based in Vancouver, you won't have any customs issues. The store is also a must see if you are in Vancouver.

http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/

The problem however is that UPS is a horror story for shipping across the border. They're the only carrier that charges fees simply for taking something across the border. Then they charge you a fee for collecting the fee. Then you *always* pay customs (so that they can charge you for collecting that too) whereas with the Post Office you often don't pay customs. So you're $50, plus $14 shipping, ends up costing you $100 once all the fees and customs are added in.

The only time you don't pay fees is if the declared price is less than $20 Canadian (about $17 US).

I never, ever, ever will buy anything shipped UPS across the border - even my friend who drives a UPS truck refuses to buy anything shipped UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by opalsdad View Post
    " Scentiments doesn't ship to Canada and that there is a customs issue with colognes coming into Canada anyway"

This is a real shame. I just checked out their site and indeed they have taken away shipment to Canadian provinces. (The province on my customer information has been changed from Alberta to Alabama.) I have purchased from this company for years and have found their service to be excellent. Lucky me to have purchased the 8 oz. bottles of Cypres-Musc and Bois de Santal! I don't see what the problem is since UPS ground violates no laws. You might want to try Perfumbay. They still ship to Canada, I hope. It is expensive but you can get a lot of things at this site that are not available at Canadian retailers. I know of no Canadian site that offers a lot of rare fragrances at discount prices. Too bad.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Located in Canada...a really good online retailer with loads of rare and hard to get stuff...but sadly not at a discount....

www.eperfumes.ca

thought they have a load of Creeds including Bois d'Portugal, CDG, DK Unleaded, Basala, etc.....

Post Thanks / Like

Did you take a look at the Basenotes City Shopping Guide in this same forum?