Code of Conduct

Default One more cologne to get....Need help with 06' and 07' releases!!!

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on a cologne thats been overwhelmingly good...an 06' release and an 07'.

I need some suggestions. My wardobe is accessable on this site and I would like to get 1 more cologne either from 06' or 07'.

The L'Eau dissey is on its way out and needs replacing with anew' different cologne.

I'm hitting Saks this Saturday and would love some sugggestions on some colognes to try. Have yet to try any of Creed since it's so damn hard to find.

To the experts: I hate multi-gendered colognes and I'm always open for dark scents or something unique. My "tested" wardrobe is filled with ones I hated, so I thank you graciously for some good ones, cant wait to try! The ones I've owned are also there.

Thank you guys...and girls!
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Default Re: One more cologne to get....Need help with 06' and 07' releases!!!

Based on your tastes, and the requirement of being from '06 or '07, I'd say try Armani Remix.

Armani Remix is duly noted....how about some more?

C'mon everyone I know your out there...anymore suggestions, I look to you all for some good try's.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

I don't know if you're familiar with Terre D'Hermes, but that was the smash hit here on Basenotes for '06.

Well you need something to wear now, right, and into the summer? So I wouldn't recommend the otherwise very decent Burberry London or Prada (Amber) pH - but by all means, check them out later in the year.

Terre d'Hermes is a 2006 release that has gone down well with many posters here, but I'm a lot less confident you'd like it. [ah, yes, x-post, obv]
    Last edited by naranjito; 2nd May 2007 at 02:29 PM.

Ewwwww..I forgot...I tried a vile sample of Terre' D' hermes' thats a definate no-go...lol I liked the name and figured what the hell...lol

That and Guerlain and M7, they were too weird for me.

man'...I would love to find that one last fragrance to just top of my collection, it would be number 5 and complete it all.

I got Traditional, I got Y.S.L L'Homme, Hugo, and lastly Allure Sport! These are all different smells IMHO which I like, something different in each one. A mixed bag if you will. Yea, they might be metallic BUT there all not close to one another.

What would fit in this bag but have its own scent without being 1960's or 70's smelling...a newer 06' -07' cologne

Rochas man I liked but the wife didn't? Are there any off shoots of L'eau Dissey or Rochas or aqua's that might fit my wardrobe?

The Allure Sport is my new Acqua Di Gio, Hugo's my fall/Winter cologne, Traditionals my anytime fragrance, and L'Homme's an anytime as well, maybe more wedding or function cologne, very weak though IMHO...I would LOVE something mysterious and sexy, possibly nighttime to just round off these scents. There all Nice and smell good, but I would love that intriguing scent to stand on its own.

thank you all, the more suggestions the better, I will try them!

If money is no object i strongly recommend Amouage Reflection (Man). This is one of the most amazing mens fragrances released in the last few years IMO. I can't quite put my finger on why but this one smells different than all the other Amouages. It could be because they are using different noses this time around and i suspect the silver frankincense used in their other scents is absent here. No matter what the reason(s) are, this is one great scent. Somehow its strong and powerful yet light and discreet at the same time. Its very easy to wear and could be used for any occasion. I think its my favorite Amouage. Everybody has to at least sample this one!

Writin' down this one too...thanks

Hope to hear many more suggestions!

man'...I would love to find that one last fragrance to just top of my collection, it would be number 5 and complete it all.
    That's what we all said many years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's what we all said many years ago...
    Lol

If you want something more niche, Il Profumo's G 11 is a real nice new fragrance. Luckyscent.com sells it (and samples). It's not available at department stores, so it's very unique too. It's very masculine, "fresh" but not bitingly so (tempered with spice), very mildly sweet and warm with, and probably counts as being "mysterious" (on the right person, as always).
    Last edited by Maxwell; 2nd May 2007 at 06:14 PM.

I suggest........try out

a.) Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler (Its blind suggestion)
    b.) 212 Sexy Men (Good but as Great as 212 Men)
    c.) Aigner SUEDE EDITION Man ( One my Fav)
    d.) Terre D'Hermes (its getting popular by the day)
    e.) Hypnose Homme by Lancome (chekcout is this one is lauched_

Nice!!!!! Awesome...I wrote them all down. I DID try Terre d' Hermes and did not like it at all...ewwww..lol.

Got a list of: Armani Remix, Amouage Reflection man, II Profumo's G11, Ice Man -T.Mugler, Aigner Suede Edition man, and Hypnose Homme.

I tried Hypnose Homme! Not bad...not bad...is this the one that smells "Grapy"???

Guys your the best, any more until Saturday will be written and tried so keep em comin' my wardrobe is pretty safe and I will find that unique sexy scent! lol

When I found out Traditional was an exclusive I loved it! Not too many purchases when I hear exclusive and thats what I like not a "Pop" cologne.

Keep em comin fella's.....ladies too if your out there... lol

I would also suggest Burberry London and actually others from Burberry.

Burberry...cool, written down.

Anymore would be appreciated.
    --------------------------------------
    One more day for suggestions....anymore????
    Last edited by The Squire; 4th May 2007 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Give Bulgari Aqua a shot. It is hands down my favourite aquatic.

Got back from Saks 5th today and tried every CREED line they had that fit into my liking...the woman helped me as far as staying away from the more female smelling CREEDS...lol...sorry, thats my taste. Creeds are out for me.

When I smelled each CREED, half way through I realized...dont think I'm going to find anything, unfortunately I didn't...at first when I tried TABAROME i LOVED THE TOP NOTES!!! Then the drydown was strong as hell Peppery Black Onyx smell...ewwww.

Bvlgari Aqua is a very awesome spring/summer cologne...I like it...yea it dries and lasts weak but it's nice...the problem is I'm looking for a NIGHTIME scent, mysterious and classy, I have enough nice smelling colognes.

Hypnose Homme...too sweet.

Tried Varitos..both of them...a no go as well. Even tried Chanel Allure....nope...lol.

They didn't have Ice Man by Mugler or II Profumo's, Armani remix he, Armani prive eau jade, and Amouage Reflection man.

However I have 3 cards on the kitchen table that I took home...Bvlgari aqua, Armani Attitude, and, surprisingly...Gucci Pour Homme II!

So perhaps tommorow I'll hit The Macy's closer to me and put on Gucci Pour Homme II on one wrist and Armani Attitude on the other.

You guys...it's killin me I CANNOT find that nighttime sexy sophisticated scent!! Its driving me nuts.... NUTS!!!!!!!!

Any more I can try that you recommend???

Light suede notes are good and perhaps something like an Unforgiveable type of cologne or a reversed Traditional Blue by Hugh Parsons?

Sexy mature nightime scent thats a 360 from the ones I have...I'm soooo close but I need some help.