Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: To all you bath lovers

I'm on a 6th floor walkup with low water pressure and an old cast iron tub... so everyday is bath day.

Molton Brown has some salts called Sea Moss or something like that. The bf and I both enjoy this. There are some japanese mineral salts that are inexpensive and really good, much better than Lush's bath bombs in terms of smell and making skin feel good. You can find them online, but I get them in japanese markets.

Blog Entries

Count me in as another fan of the perfumed bathing ritual! l'm not a fan of oils as l already have oily skin, but l love lots of bubbles, & am a big fan of Lush's bubble bars as well as their bath ballistics. l also love to use perfumed body lotions to enhance & prolong the effects of my chosen perfume.

For the record, l agree that this thread does belong here; it is about perfume, whether it is used in the bath or in another form. These products are used to scent the body, not the home. Even if as a side-effect they do scent one's home, that is simply an added bonus!

By the way, surely most of us realise that "unscented" products are full of chemicals used to suppress the real, usually unpleasant scent of their ingredients. l'm pretty convinced that one day we'll find out that these are just as bad for us, if not worse, than actual perfume.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I have dry skin and my weekly routine includes a bath in almond oil (straight from the pharmacist), milk/cream as an emulsifier and around 15 drops of an essential oil (all shaken in a bottle). It provides you with the smoothest skin, is a teaching lesson about the scent you are bathing with (love ylang-ylang at the moment), is cheaper than all finished fancy products.

*cough*

I like adding rose water and sometimes milk or honey.

I'm trying AHAVA Juniper mineral bathsalts after playing some tennis. It smells really good, can't wait to get in the tub.