Code of Conduct

Question Angel Men Summer Flash returns for 2007?

Well, I was at Macy's today, and I was talking with the Thierry Mugler rep.

She said that Thierry Mugler will be bringing back Angel Men Summer Flash for a limited time next month, and confirmed the September release date for ICE*Men in the US. This puzzles me... haven't many Basenoters said that the two are the exact same scent? How odd... but, then again, this doesn't surprise me given the unusual nature the Mugler universe operates in.

Has anyone else confirmed this?
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Angel Men Summer Flash returns for 2007?

Summer flash is back at my local macys

I almost forgot: For US Basenoters who want to do a side-by-side sniff test, Imagination Perfumery has jumped the gun and now has ICE*Men in stock and ready to buy on their website.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I almost forgot: For US Basenoters who want to do a side-by-side sniff test, Imagination Perfumery has jumped the gun and now has ICE*Men in stock and ready to buy on their website.
    ...My Ice Men is being delivered Monday. I am going to do a side by side test with Summer Flash.

I'm very keen to hear the views of anyone who tries both. I'd consider going for one of them.

I was working the Mugler booth yesterday at a mini fragrance festival and asked the Mugler rep about ICE*Men. She told me it was the same frag as Angel Men Summer Flash and that it would soon be gone. She didn't have any on hand herself and she doubted it would be at our local Macy's. I'll talk to her again today and find out more.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Basenotes Plus

I've also heard that Ice*Men won't be around for long, is it true they are working on an all new Mugler mens scent at the mo?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Yes, they're working on something coming out soon, a gourmand with a twist, is what I've heard.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig View Post
    Yes, they're working on something coming out soon, a gourmand with a twist, is what I've heard.
    I read about that, too... it should be out sometime in early 2008, according to Joel Palix (Thierry Mugler's prez).
    Top 5 for Winter:
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

I was at a Nordstrom special event today and Mugler Reps were on hand. Yes Summer Flash was being offered at this event. I did shoot some questions and got some answers-

Summer Flash will be offered limited during the early summer.

ICE Man is considered a new fragrance - that will be permit part of the Mugler men's fragrance line as will Eau de Star for the women. She was stern at to say that Summer Flash and Ice Men are different fragrances altogether. In addition, I was told by the Rep that this is Mugler's push into the Aqua/Marine fragrance market. Just like how Chanel was successful the Allure Sport she mentioned.

I did ask on if a new men's scent is in the works...she said possible Alien for men - if so not until late 2009 to early 2010. Inside opinion is more towards 2010! Get it 2010 Space Odyssey - Alien contact made.....!

I said its outrageous to wait that long to launch a new product!

Basenotes Plus

Summer Flash is like Angel Light. Ice Men is like Summer Flash Light. The aquatics or mint or whatever is in Ice Men does not mix well with the gourmand notes of the A*Men/Summer Flash.