As you may know, jeweler David Yurman signed a deal last year with Clarins to make a line of fragrances. Today, the local Clarins Fragrance Group rep told me a few little tidbits:
- The first product out of the pipeline will be a fragrance for women that will launch in January or February 2008. A men's fragrance should follow shortly afterward.
- David Yurman is guiding the creative process, much like what Clarins does with Thierry Mugler.
- The notes of the first fragrance are being kept top-secret.
- Distribution will initially be limited to department stores (Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Von Maur) and specialty stores (including jewelers) that carry David Yurman's jewelry products. (My bet is that Neiman Marcus will get the first month or so of launch exclusivity due to the fact that they have a pretty darn good relationship with David Yurman on the jewelry side.)
Top 5 for Late Summer:
1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
2) Aventus - Creed
3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
5) Millesime Imperial - Creed
My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."
Cool - it seemed like only a matter of time, before David Yurman the brand followed suit with a scent...here's hoping I like it better than Coach's scent, which I found lacking any real oomph.