Code of Conduct

Default Sensual Nighttime dark masculine colognes???

What do you consider a nighttime sensual masculine cologne?

I'm pulling my hair out to try and find the one cologne to round out my wardrobe from Sporty, clean, classy to finally the last bottle....a sexy, nighttime, dinner or Club type of cologne.

A cologne that isn't in my wardrobe already. It must NOT be fresh, clean, crisp, Sporty or safe...lol.

Something in a one word....SEXY!!!!

You all know the colognes better than I and I hope to get some good suggestions.

We all know the D&G's, the A,D Gio's, the Le males, the Creeds etc. etc.

But what are some nighttime feel colognes that exemplify "This is a sexy nighttime scent".

Please help! lol
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Default What do YOU consider is a "Nighttime sexy, classy Cologne for men"??

Any Suggestions?

Whats the one cologne or however many YOU think emits class, elegance and just a nighttime only dark cologne. No Sports, no aqua's, no all around...just pure sexuality and nighttime in nature.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

Default Re: Sensual Nighttime dark masculine colognes???

Gucci Envy

Sexy. Oriental. Evening wear -- Dressed up or down. Hard to dislike. Inexpensive.

Great stuff and it should round out your wardrobe perfectly.

Default Re: What do YOU consider is a "Nighttime sexy, classy Cologne for men"??

Ungaro III
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: What do YOU consider is a "Nighttime sexy, classy Cologne for men"??

Definitely the very, very classy LE DANDY by D´Orsay and (somehow in the same vein) HAVANA by Aramis.
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Antaeus Chanel
    Rive Gauche YSL
    Last edited by sanatik; 6th May 2007 at 08:49 AM.

I'm with Costello and would add Scent Intense by Costume National, Valentino Vendetta ph, and, although it is not dark, the extemely sensual and perfect evening wear: Musc Ravageur.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Ditto the Scent Intense

Voleur de Roses & the "old timer" Grey Flannel

Patou pour homme.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Eau d'armpit.... gets me going every time...woof!

;^)

Thanks!!! I've written down these colognes and hope to try them at least in a sample form...out here on the island...to try and find them is another story! Ugggg! It's a nightmare, to try macy's will just be wasting time I believe.

Is ther any other online sample place that I can try these besdies scented monkey.com??

Also...I tried GUCCI POUR HOMME II and immediately smelled TOBACCO...man do I hate this in Burberry London for men and generally IF it's not HIDDEN in any other cologne. I grew up with smokers in my house and damn hated it..lol...so when a cologne has it in it, I immediately know and in the garbage it goes. Tobacco leaves in cologne is a no-no.

CHRISW from Jersey, my NY neighbor says GUCCI ENVY?

I'll try that one too!

So if you guys know of where I can get a sample vile of these scents online please let me know!!! Anymore that comes to mind just post.

I REALLY want to get this 1 more cologne and I swear my collection is D-O-N-E. lol

Nighttime sexy cologne. the more choices the merrier.

I shall try GUCCI ENVY my NJ friend. lol

The Boss, Bon Jovi, Frank Sinatra,....ya got a good pedigree over there in Jersey...not to mention "Satriale's Pork store" pal...come through for me here will ya! lol

I'm off today for about half an hour to try what MACY'S has and Gucci Envy will be one of them.

The more suggestions the better.

The Squire

Rochas Man and its ilk (New Haarlem, A*Men).
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Blog Entries

I believe that most colognes (male or female) work at any time of day as long as you feel the mood and it works well with your chemistry. However, there are a few 'masculine' colognes that inspire thoughts of fun, sensual, after dark activities:

Michael Kors Michael for Men

Also:

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque
    Ava Luxe Kama Xtreme
    Parfumerie Generale Aomassai
    Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (once dried down a bit)
    Ava Luxe Oude
    Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori
    Montale Black Oude
    Gucci pour Homme
    Ava Luxe Teak Wood
    Parfumerie Generale Coze 02
    Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi
    YSL M7 Yves Saint-Laurent
    Ava Luxe Rasa Xtreme
    Parfumerie Generale Intrigant Patchouli

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

moondeva said: I believe that most colognes (male or female) work at any time of day as long as you feel the mood and it works well with your chemistry. However, there are a few 'masculine' colognes that inspire thoughts of fun, sensual, after dark activities:

Michael Kors Michael for Men

Also:

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque
    Ava Luxe Kama Xtreme
    Parfumerie Generale Aomassai
    Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (once dried down a bit)
    Ava Luxe Oude
    Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori
    Montale Black Oude
    Gucci pour Homme
    Ava Luxe Teak Wood
    Parfumerie Generale Coze 02
    Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi
    YSL M7 Yves Saint-Laurent
    Ava Luxe Rasa Xtreme
    Parfumerie Generale Intrigant Patchouli

Out of the above list of scents can you post the ones that are masculine? Or are they all masculine? I know the female/male scenst are more open to peoples liking in Europe etc.etc. but I just cannot wear a female fragrance, i tried a sample and it doesn't work for me.

I would like to try the ones you mentioned above I just would like to k now the masculine scents.

Thanks from over the pond on L.I.

More , more more my brotha's and sista's...more suggestions! lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    ... but I just cannot wear a female fragrance, i tried a sample and it doesn't work for me.
    This comment saddens me. It is the closed minded attitude equal to saying I tried a chocolate once and I cannot eat candy at all...

I am female and there are 100s of female perfumes that I will not wear and that do not work for me. That doesn't mean I will discount a perfume off hand just because it is a female scent.

If you are ever going to allow yourself to enjoy the amazing world of scent beyond 'colognes that other people like on you,' 'what turns women on' or 'what's a manly cologne', you need to appreciate and value a scent on it's own merits - regardless of gender restrictions placed by company marketing, or general social expectations.

If you had bothered to checkout the recommendations that I had listed (read reviews, scent pyramids, e.t.c), you would have seen that most of those I mentioned are actually masculine or, at the very least, unisex.

I wish you the best on your fragrance search.

regards
    M.
    Last edited by moondeva; 6th May 2007 at 03:40 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Rochas for men. Sweet sex.

BTW, you are NEVER done. Once you are on basenotes, you can never stop. I thought the same.. "I just need 3 that;s fine" now look, got 7...4 in 2 month period..urgh! I went from "i dont wear cologne much..i don't even care" to "what else can i smell like?" once me and my bro went cologne hunting for dad's bday gift.

the only thing stopping me is the fact my money is not comming in (no job) and i have a g/f to care for I have 7 bottles of 90% full anyway.

Trussardi Uomo (or Van Cleef & Arpels but I prefer TU)
    Body Kouros
    "Mr. 7"
    Romeo Gigli
    Bois du Portugal

Note that I'm probably the best person to ask since I'll wear a "nighttime" sort of frag to work without a second thought.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

CHRISW from Jersey, my NY neighbor says GUCCI ENVY?
    Yup, my recommendation of Envy was based on your wardrobe. Personally, I find a "Nighttime sexy, class cologne" to be Chanel Egoiste. Although, Yves Saint Laurent M7 has been growing on me a lot in the past month. Egoiste only seems natural and "right" when worn at night. I recommended you Envy based on your wardrobe because it seemed less "off the beaten path" (for your current wardrobe) and I think it is something that is generally well liked by those around you as well as the wearer. I hope you like it, good luck!

Unhappy Re: Sensual Nighttime dark masculine colognes???

I will check on the scents notes and now that you say there masculine I like them even more.

Just as you cannot force a horse to drink from a pond I cannot wear female scents. lol

Sorry, but I have opened up myself to a female smelling cologne and I don't like it...what else can I say..lmao. I do not want to smell like a woman..lol and if it's multi gendered fragrance...yes...there are decent smelling fragrances...and may I say decent..not fabulous iMHO.

I wish I were more "open minded" with scents and things of that nature but cant do it. Shame too...all the suggestions come from across the pond and into Europe, less hang-ups over nudity and scents and whats male and female, you know what I mean.

I dont know what to say other than I do believe that there is a dark sensual masculine nighttime wear out there for me. I will try and test everyone that you've mentioned and I thank you so much for the list of fragrances....if it smells great and it's a Multi gendered fragrance I'd buy it...I really would but I haven't found one yet thats suits me.

A cologne or fragrance with a name shouldn't be told to whomever is trying out the scent IMHO...if you tell the counterperson what your looking for I'd rather NOT know the name and try it out there and if it is a multi gendered I WOULD buy it..lol I swear...it's just the more M.Imperiale Creed stuff doesn't do anything for me. Thanks Moondeva

Thanks to everyone! You guys are thee best.

I'll research the pyramid notes on all of these and see what I can try out at macy's or Saks or somethin'..if not I'll do the 10 sample thing from Scented Monkey...if THEY have these colognes!!?? I hope.

thanks for checkin out my wardrobe and helping! To all.

Blog Entries

Why don't you just check this thread out? http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=169294
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I like the suggestion for Fumerie Turque. I would also suggest you look into Tea for Two by L'Artisan and Bvlgari Black. You have got a large list to look through as it is. You bess get started!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    This comment saddens me. It is the closed minded attitude equal to saying I tried a chocolate once and I cannot eat candy at all...
    His comment actually made me crack up! He comes asking for help, & then discounts your advice just 'cause you're a chick from Europe so you "obviously" have suggested more feminine fragrances, lol. Never mind the fact that you're basically a walking encyclopedia of frags perfect for nearly any occasion!

Squire...dude...you're really missing out on a lot of wonderful frags out there just because of your preset notions. You need to STOP paying attention to the gender scents are marketed to & start appreciating the frag itself. You can't automatically assume what a frag will smell like just because of the gender it is marketed to! Musc Ravageur and Thierry Mugler Cologne are both considered unisex, but these two are WORLDS APART in how they smell! And speaking of Musc Ravageur, there has been some debate recently on whether this one smells more masculine or feminine. And ya know what? The jury is still out! It all depends on the person & how they perceive it! Givenchy Pi is another one that has been debated in terms of masculinity. I say if it smells great on you & people like smelling it on you, who cares who it was marketed to?

I believe all we scent buffs are synaesthetic to a degree (that is, scents, sounds, flavors represent colors to a degree or another) and some fragrances use those color to describe their desired impression. Sometimes it's WAAAYYY off Bulgari Blv and L'eau d'Issey Blue are two that are simply NOT at all. BUT, there are two which I believe are perfect for a night out to a nice bar, a hip restaurant, or a club, that suggest the black in their names. Well, ARMANI CODE (formerly Black Code) and BULGARI BLACK.. it depends on your frame of mind when you test them, i could never wear brown or khaki with either of these. They are really night time scents. Plain and simple. I recently tried Lanvin Arpege and though controversial, really suggests night time activities. BUT... notice I didn't mention black tie events or formal dinners. These would not work for those occasions and I'd suggest something drier. These two suggested scents are a bit sweet but in the darkest way.

I would say Antaeus by Chanel and M7 by YSL.

I would try the following:
    Chanel Antaeus
    Montale Black Oud
    C & S No.88
    Creed Bois Du Portugal
    Taeur L`Air Du Desert Marocain
    YSL M7.

Off-Scenter

Black Aoud and Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale
    Habanita by Molinard (Yes it's marketed "female," but has bigger tesicles than some so-called "male" scents.)
    Ungaro II (Speaking of testicles!)
    Jaipur Homme EDP by Boucheron
    Musc Ravageur (again)
    Idole de Lubin
    Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens

I'll add my support to the suggestions of Ambre Sultan, C&S No. 88, and Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain.

I would also add a suggestion for L'Artisan's Mechant Loup - spicy dirty honey.
    Last edited by TromboneGuy; 6th May 2007 at 09:08 PM.
    - E.J.

No surprises here... my top 3;

Patou PH
    M7
    Santal Noble
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

No surprises here....my top 3;

Patou PH
    M7
    Santal Noble
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

My Apologies to the many, something went wrong on the website with my last post, I didn't send it 4 or 5 times. I apologize.

Please feel free to keep them coming and I appreciate all your help, I really do, I found 3 already in the "Good Pile" that I have so far.

Gucci Envy was intriguing yes, but too strong for my taste a little weaker and it would be great.

I'll have to check out all those colognes posted and I have Lucky No.6 sample, Chanel Egoiste, and Bvlgari Pour Homme.

Thanks gang!

Dont fret Cologne Junkie I'll be back before you know it, I know you'll miss me.

Squire.

Thumbs up Re: Sensual Nighttime dark masculine colognes???

OK, I've waited to see if anyone else got this right, and now my patience has run out.

The winner is: Eau Noir by Dior. Absolutely the best masculine, dark, nightime, sexy scent.

Trust me on this. A must try.

Thanks to all on the recommendations, I appreciate all of them and will check them out hopefully in sample form.

As far as cologne Junkie is concerned you need to take your head out of your ass and read my post again to the young lady from across the pond. I write not to offend anyone so read it again and do your homework. People from Europe and basically anywhere except the U.S. have a more liberal use of scent which is AWESOME!!! Read it again...awesome. It has nothing to do that she is in your own words a "Chick"...you said it not me asshole.

I aint discounting anyone get your shit straight before you come in this thread and talk snuff about what I said. I appreciate everyones OP on any scent and I think Man or Woman can find what fits in my LIKES and DISLIKES....I do not wear female scents..period. I dont need to lighten up or basically YOU dont need to tell me what I need to do and what not to do.

I wore PI by Givenchy while you were in diapers I'm sure, your wearing shit I wore back in the day so dont think your educating me.

Once again read what the F I'm saying.......I DO NOT like IMHO, female scense on myself, I dont like them. I like what I like and I'll take any suggestions but if it's a scent thats feminine I will not wear it. If I want to date or appeal to other men I'll wear female scents..if I want to appeal to women I'll wear scents geared toward men...is that clear enough for you? Christ...does everyone have to conform to what YOU think they should wear?

Whatever, I'm wasting my time writing a response to your trying to read my brain when you dont know shit so before you spew know what your talking about.

Thanks to all, again I have a nice list of scents, I just got back from Macys and I really like Lucky Number 6 from Claiborne, Chanel Egoiste and Bvlgari Pour Homme. And YESSSS...if they are multi gendered I dont care....if I like it I'll wear it if it's a refume smell bye bye it goes.... The search continues.
    I've deleted the additional copies of this completely inappropriate post. Nothing at Basenotes calls for this. I appreciate members leaving this below their notice. Exactly where it belongs.
    --Chris
    2. Your Conduct

In your use of the Basenotes Community you are expected to remain respectful and civil at all times. Please be aware of the following.

2.1 Flaming and personal attacks are not tolerated.

We realise that situations can sometimes get heated. Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticise the content of a post - criticising the poster is not.
    2.11 No vulgar, obscene or indecent language, information or images.

Try and use your common sense here. There's a difference between profanity and excessive profanity.

2.12 Do not defame, abuse or threaten others.

As well as other Community Users, this includes businesses, traders, sellers and people outside of the Community.
    2.17 No Trolling

Posts that are inflammatory and are posted just to make people annoyed are considered trolling and are not acceptable
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

Heh, thanks Chris. This explains why I couldn't reply to the post, lol. You had already deleted it.

Squire - I just wanted to say that you actually proved my point. You like Pi, right? Even though some people think it's feminine? In the end, you like it because of the way it smells, right? I rest my case, and won't try to help you again.

I'm locking this thread. Thread starters don't get to treat fellow members this way.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.