Code of Conduct

Wink INSIDER TIP ! Everyone please contribute

This is a thread to benefit all basenoters and I hope all basenoters will take part.
    I want everyone to share a secret insider tip with fellow basenotes members.
    It must be something obscure that has not achieved worldwide fame. Perhaps your own country has a smaller firm producing a wonderful smelling product, It can even be a soap or deodorant stick, or a room fragrance. It must be something that smells FANTASTIC !
    I am starting by giving you my insider tip :
    It´s a little known fragrance that has been launched twice, under different names and both times flopped.
    I get more compliments when I am wearing this fragrance than any other. People always stop me in the street and ask "what is that beautiful perfume?"
    In the descrption it is based around cardammom and bitter orange, but it is a subtle, relaxed, smooth flowing fragrance. Not a spice bomb. It is elegant and has something irresistable about itself........an orange/grapefruit breeze with just a hint of spices.
    It was first launched under the name of Marrakech Tales, (Märer+Wirtz) and later under the name Fishbone Man, (parent company Fishbone - a producer of jeanswear).
    To get more opinions on this fragrance see basenotes directory, under Marrakech Tales.
    Both have been discontinued, but look from time to time on ebay.
    I have small amounts available for swap for those interested.
    Fishbone Man/Marrakech Tales is a little known gem and definately an insider tip !!!

Default Re: INSIDER TIP ! Everyone please contribute

pssst...

R de Capucci rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Q View Post
    pssst...

R de Capucci rocks!
    Yeehaa!

I've plugged this one too often for it to be an "insider" anymore, but it is obscure beyond and even in Germany: René Lezard Identité pour homme. Lezard is a German 'upper middle class' fashion label, their fragrance line is generally pretty awful, but this one really sticks out. You can read my review, basically it's a gourmand with Starbucks coffee, muscovado sugar and cognac notes, but successfully avoiding syrupy stickiness. Warm, cumfy, elegant, but more for the cold season, obviously.
    I've seen Fishbone on ebay Germany frequently. Actually, I have a sample of this somewhere, I gave it to my son I think, since I didn't expect it would be my kind of thing. Should I get it back ?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I want to share a little information about a fragrance house called L'Artisan. They make a fragrance called Tea for Two. I wore it last night and got compliments all through the night. It is a warm, dry, natural smelling. It is sweet and smokey, sentual and mysterious. Deffinately something that people should look into because this house creates some of the most unique and amazing fragrances. This is my tip: when you go niche, go L'Artisan and especially look into Tea for Two.

I found this little gem called Acqua di Gio today at Dillards. It smells like nothing else! Anyone heard of it?

jk...seriously though, I think Gucci Rush is under-appreciated. As a scent that's becoming harder and harder to come by, I think it counts as an insider tip. Be sure to try it if you're a fan of woody scents.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    This is my tip: when you go niche, go L'Artisan and especially look into Tea for Two.
    EnvYuS, is there any other L'Artisan you would recomend? I've tried Tea for Two, Passage d'Enfer, Méchant Loup, and Navegar. I was unimpressed with everything but Tea for Two.
    "Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    Mignon McLaughlin

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by The_Monkey View Post
    EnvYuS, is there any other L'Artisan you would recomend? I've tried Tea for Two, Passage d'Enfer, Méchant Loup, and Navegar. I was unimpressed with everything but Tea for Two.
    Dzonghka
    and
    L'Eau de L'Artisan

How about the following:

Creed Aubepine Acacia

Truefitt & Hill Grafton
    -

Fore some strange reasons mainly Italian niche niche stuff comes into my mind. Unfortunately the following seem to be still "insider" frags, obviously due to limited availability:

Acqua di Biella: No. 1
    Mazzolari: Vetiver
    Mazzolari: Lui
    Mazzolari: Mazzolari
    Mazzolari: Patchouli
    Domenico Caraceni EdT
    Eau d´Italie EdT
    Eau d´Italie: Sienne d´Hiver

Christian
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Maestrale - Profumi di Pantelleria. No one has ever mentioned this frag but Oviatt and I.
    That is good though.

I think the Il profumo scents are not often mentioned, however they are great and different....
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

1.Comme des Garcons Odeur 53 and 71 are very nice along with CdG 2 Man and CdG 2 EdP.
    2.Histoires de Parfums 1828 is probably the Best Niche Scent that I have.....Dinner by Bobo is nice also.
    3. Purple Label by RL brings me more compliments than all of my fragrances together..
    4. My #2 Complimented Fragrance is Antidote by Viktor and Rolf.
    5. My #3 Complimented scent is Armani Code Pour Homme.
    Gary

My little secret scent: Bond No. 9 Gramercy Park.

Few others here on Basenotes have mentioned this one, as other Bond No. 9 scents like Wall Street and Hamptons get all the attention. But this one is a real gem of a fragrance: it's a fresh, green scent with a light vanilla/woods/musk drydown. It's an unusual olfactory experience, yet perfect for springtime. Oh, and the staying power is excellent, too.

If you're a Bond No. 9 fan and haven't tried this one, give it a try.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Monkey View Post
    Beyond to T42 I allow myself to signal de L'Artisan:
    1- The pour un Ete'
    2- Un Zeste d' Ete.
    The first one in particular for who loves the fragrance made up of green tea and jasmine is absolutely from trying. Fantastic!
    Last edited by mr.setter; 7th May 2007 at 02:40 AM. Reason: syntax error
    http://basenotes.net/wardrobe/8905

"Il profumo dei fiori non puo' andare controvento, ma il profumo delle buone azioni compiute da uomini virtuosi si effonde in tutte le direzioni."[Dhammapada]

OK, I'm going to offer a really obscure thing I have found that no one ever talks about on perfume fora.
    All the others mentioned so far have seen the light of day someplace or other, this one has only ever been mentioned by me alone.

It's a unisex musk, rather heavy and very lasting with some sort of Chanel no.5 fond and some aldehydic burst when you first spray it. It always gets compliments and it is mistaken for much more expensive than it is by lots of people who ask me what it is.
    It's named after a french name, yet is produced in Italy. It is labelled "oil" , but it most certainly is an eau de toilette in spray.
    A contradiction!

It is..........

rollldrum.................

the one and only........

Musk Oil eau de toilette by Jean Louis Gady.