Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain's Sucrier de Madame - when are they from?

Just got hold of a beautiful Sucrier de Madame for Guerlain's Jicky - like this one http://www.les-parfums.info/guerlain/photo/1009.jpg. Does anyone know when they used these bottles in the shops?
    Last edited by Mr. G; 8th May 2007 at 06:49 AM.

Default Re: Guerlain's Sucrier de Madame - when are they from?

The 70s, apparently - see http://www.passionforperfume.com/For...mercialN-O.htm for a bottle with designer details etc. Lovely, aren't they! I was talking to a Guerlain SA a couple of weeks ago about the recharge cases, and how much I prefered the one you used to be able to get about 10 years ago (with the brass cross-hatching) to the current sucrier with the cut-out circles...I'd love one like you have best of all, though!

Thanks for your info! I actually thought they were a bit older. Mine is like the first one showed on http://www.passionforperfume.com/For...mercialN-O.htm - just with "Jicky" written on the sides. It's a little bit more worn than the one on the photo, but still very beautiful after cleaning carefully with gold polisher. I got it cheap though - 30. It carries perfectly the new 93 ml EDT bottles. And you are right: the current sucriers with the cut-out circles are not nearly as pretty... (a friend told me they are extremely Elisabeth Taylor-ish - not really manly, huh?)
    Last edited by Mr. G; 7th May 2007 at 10:40 AM.

They were also given as a 'bonus' to clients who where spending a lot of money on Guerlain products. I have the booklet with the 'Emotion' gifts you could get with your 'Nombre d'Or", The booklet is from 2000.
    So, they must have been in production at that time, probably only for the Boutiques.

Not a year after LVMH took over, this system of rewarding faithful clients was abandonded. Just when I gathered enough to order one

I would not be surprised at all to see that those 'sucriers' are still available at the Paris Boutique when you would specifically ask for them.
    That seems the way Guerlain is working these days.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I have spent a decent deal of money at Guerlain and never got one of those, now i feel cheated!
    Like Riannon said, maybe i had to ask specifically for it.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    I have spent a decent deal of money at Guerlain and never got one of those, now i feel cheated!
    Like Riannon said, maybe i had to ask specifically for it.
    I think this only applied to the things you bought at the Guerlain Boutiques in France, not you local Guerlain distributer. I was completely unaware of this sytem as well, but after my second purchase of ''Bee Bottles'' the SA gave my that 'membership'.

But I can Imagine you feel cheated.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp