Code of Conduct

Default Fresh cut flowers. Bright and Happy...

I'm looking for something that smells of fresh cut flowers. I would like it to be bright and happy. Not heady though. Any thoughts?
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Default Re: Fresh cut flowers. Bright and Happy...

If you like soliflore rose fragrances try Annick Goutal's Rose Absolue EDP and Jo Malone's Red Roses Cologne. Both are incredibly bright and happy, very natural, and not at all heady.

scentemental

Un Jardin Clos by Diptyque is full of fresh, spring flowers (white lilac and hyacinth)and is very lovely.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I've found that layering Demeter Wet Garden with florals adds a dimension of freshness. I've used it with La Chasse aux Papillons and with Orange Blossom successfully. It's longevity is increased when applied to clothing.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

miracle by lancome...duh!

Sounds good, scentemental. I will be looking into that for sure.

Such a brillant idea, Quarry! Thanks

kewart, do you know where I can sample that?

Got to love the, "duh" there, sshak13. Thanks, I think....
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Annick Goutal Eau de Camille -- leaves, stems, fresh and bright white and yellow florals, crystal vase, delicate scent permeating the room. Please pm me for details.

Fleurs de Rocaille! Jardin de Bagatelles. :bounce: Both are millefleurs!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Un Jardin Clos by Diptyque is full of fresh, spring flowers (white lilac and hyacinth)and is very lovely.
    I have JC, and it does have spring floral notes. It never strikes me as fresh, though. I find it rather sweet and heavy, and the oakmoss in the base gives it a distinct "perfume" quality.

Photorealistic fresh cut flowers fragrance is Petal body spray by Zents. It's a good deal right now at 40% off on their web site, I guess the body spray formulation is being phased out in preference to EdT. Anyway, I ordered the body spray, EdT, and concreta since I liked it so much. These fresh light florals tend not to last as long as something with a heavy base, obviously, so I have big plans to layer the EdT with the solid perfume and see what I can get out of it.

I also got two of the sampler packs so I could really try the other scents in the line-- 1ml vials of the ten fragrances in the line for $7.00.
    http://www.zents.com/sampler.shtml

I know I don't like the Mandarin -- I think I associate something here with masculine scents. But, ohhhhh, don't I have high hopes for Ore--iris, bay lauryl, coriander, jasmine, patchouli. And Water-- linden blossom,coriander, lemon, mint. And Fresh--heliotope, linden blossom, cucumber and green apple. I might like Pear even, and Earth. The site mentions the mix and match potential of the line, BTW, and I notice now some notes are in common so that might be fun.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

This is a great topic - I'm still trying to find something that reminds me of the smell when you walk into a florist's shop - a fresh, cool, wet floral. The "cool" is the hardest part - it has to smell cold to me but I'm not sure what notes to search for to achieve that effect!

Whenever I read the word "cool" in a perfume review it inevitably refers to what smells to me like limp warm cucumber that has been left out of the refrigerator for too long, or room-temperature green tea, or green apples that have been cut and are going brown, or a nondescript ozonic/water note.........perhaps I should give Demeter's "Snow" a try!
    Last edited by ozkat; 7th May 2007 at 01:59 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Sa Majeste la Rose by Serge Lutens was the first scent that came to my mind - ya gotta like roses though.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ozkat View Post
    This is a great topic - I'm still trying to find something that reminds me of the smell when you walk into a florist's shop - a fresh, cool, wet floral. The "cool" is the hardest part - it has to smell cold to me but I'm not sure what notes to search for to achieve that effect!

Whenever I read the word "cool" in a perfume review it inevitably refers to what smells to me like limp warm cucumber that has been left out of the refrigerator for too long, or room-temperature green tea, or green apples that have been cut and are going brown, or a nondescript ozonic/water note.........perhaps I should give Demeter's "Snow" a try!
    Yes, I'd say Demeter exploration is a good way to go. I got a handful of samples a few months ago as I was preparing to provide background scenting for an at-home showing of the movie "Perfume" (still waiting for the DVD to come out). Snow and mushroom produce the cold, damp, cave sensation I was looking for for Grenouille's exile period. Snow is very subtle though. I tried Flower Show, but I think Wet Garden is more successful at the florist-refrigerator effect, and I think that's due to its chilled-but-not-spicey carnation quality.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wink Re: Fresh cut flowers. Bright and Happy...

Demeter's Wet Garden does indeed have an aura of freshness about it, but it is very short lived.

Demeter's Funeral Home also has this quality despite the irritating name

try Floris Seringa or Estee Lauder Aliage or Bond Eau de nY or Bond Central Park

I love fresh cut flower fragrances! I recommend:

Bond No. 9 Chelsea Flowers (peony, mimosa, tulip, hyacinth, magnolia, rose, etc.)
    Bond No. 9 Park Avenue (mimosa, paperwhites, roses, etc.)
    D'Orsay Tilleul (linden)
    L'Artisan L'ete en douce (orange blossom, linden, grass, etc.)
    L'Artisan La Chasse au Papillons (orange blossom, tuberose, linden)
    Calypso St. Barth new Jala (orange blossom, rose, jasmine, muguet, frangipani, cyclamen)
    Parfum No. 1 by the Pink Room (rose, jasmine, muguet, violet, etc.)

--------------------------------------
    [quote=ozkat;1022912]This is a great topic - I'm still trying to find something that reminds me of the smell when you walk into a florist's shop - a fresh, cool, wet floral. The "cool" is the hardest part - it has to smell cold to me but I'm not sure what notes to search for to achieve that effect![quote]

Ozcat - have you tried Chelsea Flowers? It smells exactly like a florist shop to me.
    Last edited by Tovah; 8th May 2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    Ozcat - have you tried Chelsea Flowers? It smells exactly like a florist shop to me.
    Florist shops smell like chrysanthemums to me, and I hate chrysanthemums (so much that it's written in my will that I don't want any at my funeral - not that I'll be able to smell the damn things then!).

If you're talking about a florist shop full of lilies, carnations and roses, then I'd be a lot happier! :-)
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by ozkat View Post
    Interesting - Snow combined with a cool floral like Fleur De The Rose Bulgare? When I walk into a florist's shop, other than the Eucalyptus sprays, there's the smell of cold roses.

I second Twolf's Eau De Camille and add Tilleul which Tovah turned me on to. Both are light, fresh, very sweet-spirited, and decidedly floral. I love them both.