Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Lightbulb Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.


  2. #2

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Sorry I don't have that's specifically "on topic", other than the fact that I just watched Lynch's Mulholland Drive last night and can not get my mind off of Naomi Watts! I've never seen her in anything else, but in this movie... WOW. I won't comment further.


  3. #3

    TaoLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Man!!!!... those commercials are fab. Many thanks. And....is that Benizio in the Fitgerald one??

    And Indie Guy - like you I was blown away by Naomi Watts when I first saw her in Mulholland Drive. (Are you too young to remember Twin Peaks??) :bounce: And to think that Naomi went on to become Kong's girlfriend. "Sic transit...etc."
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

  4. #4

    Thumbs up Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    A very young Benicio Del Toro in the Obsession commercial!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Sorry I don't have that's specifically "on topic", other than the fact that I just watched Lynch's Mulholland Drive last night and can not get my mind off of Naomi Watts! I've never seen her in anything else, but in this movie... WOW. I won't comment further.

    That's very very bugged out Ted, Jen and I watched Mulhulland Drive last night as well.... Silencio

  6. #6
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,711

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Besides being a fragrance junkie I'm a David Lynch junkie also...Love the commercials, haven't seen them for a while.

    Maybe Mr. Calvin Klein himself is a David Lynch fan too..?

  7. #7

    Unhappy Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Besides the Chanel/Nicole Kidman commercial, I haven't seen anything great in awhile. Is the golden age of the perfume commercial over?

  8. #8

    TaoLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Besides the Chanel/Nicole Kidman commercial, I haven't seen anything great in awhile. Is the golden age of the perfume commercial over?
    Cummings?? :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

  9. #9

    Wink Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Cummings?? :bounce:
    I forgot about Cumming, it is very, very funny. I think it's still on YouTube.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Ruggles -

    Thanks very much for the Lynch link. He has always been such an innovator and has certainly changed the face of modern film.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    David Lynch — Eagle Scout — was one of the first celebs to have personal site and it was subscription. Which cooled me off a bit.

    but

    I was walking around stopping people and asking them what they thought of Mulholland Drive. I heard the DVD is a disappointment. Anyone else?

  12. #12

    Thumbs up Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    A look at someone who is so out of touch with their subconscious mind that they split in two. Very similiar to, but much sexier than, Lost Highway. It could take 2 veiwings to figure out what's "really" going on, but when you do, the film makes complete sense. IMHO it is Lynch's masterpiece.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 9th May 2007 at 05:54 AM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo View Post
    That's very very bugged out Ted, Jen and I watched Mulhulland Drive last night as well.... Silencio

    Spooky! What did you guys think about it?

    I...uh...just finished watching it a second time (funny how I muttered to myself "this film was crap" the first time I saw the credits begin to roll.) Why did I watch it again? Well, it seemed much more coherent this time (for a Lynch movie), and the first time I was enjoying several Citadelle and tonics while viewing.

    But yeah, I liked Mulholland Drive much more the second time. Of course, there were a few erotic scenes in this film that really pushed my buttons. heh-heh.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    A look at someone who is so out of touch with their subconscious mind that they split in two. Very similiar to, but much sexier than, Lost Highway. It could take 2 veiwings to figure out what's "really" going on, but when you do, the film makes complete sense. IMHO it is Lynch's masterpiece.
    Agreed. I've probably watched it fifteen times and still enjoy watching it.

    Thanks for the URL, enjoyed watching those commercials.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    MD is the most accessible of Lynch's "Lynchian" movies, because you can read a 'rational' narrative into it, while Lost Highway, also brilliant, defies conventional logic - which pissed off movie critics who never read Freud or Lacan . Inland Empire is even "worse," or so I hear.

    Anyhow, I wish he had directed "Perfume." Better even Cronenberg. And both should make some shorties about smell. Wouldn't that be cool: A cycle of shorts on smelling, odors, perfume and stench by those two, von Trier, Jeunet, the guy who made Tetsuo...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

  16. #16

    Wink Re: Link to David Lynch's Commercials for Obsession, Gio, Opium, Jil Sander and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    MD is the most accessible of Lynch's "Lynchian" movies, because you can read a 'rational' narrative into it, while Lost Highway, also brilliant, defies conventional logic - which pissed off movie critics who never read Freud or Lacan . Inland Empire is even "worse," or so I hear.

    Anyhow, I wish he had directed "Perfume." Better even Cronenberg. And both should make some shorties about smell. Wouldn't that be cool: A cycle of shorts on smelling, odors, perfume and stench by those two, von Trier, Jeunet, the guy who made Tetsuo...
    Cronenberg would have been the perfect director for Perfume! IMHO he would have kept it truer to the grotesque quality of the book. The only part of the Perfume film that I felt was true to the book was the begining, when he is born and left with the garbage. In the book, Grenouille is a freak, in the movie he's a pretty young thing. Too bad, as Tom Tykwer's Run Lola Run was fantastic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •